This Is My Favorite Pen I Have Ever Made... So Far

jj9ball

Every time I make a pen I am trying to make something that I myself would really want to buy. Sometimes it doesn't work so well.... see last weeks post about the crazy blue pen. This time I think it did. I am really not even sure I am gonna sell this one. This pen is made with provincial alumulite (that's what the vendor called it). It is highlighted with metallic blue acrylic. I have had a few requests for heavy pens so I machined a solid brass tube and inserted inside the pen. Instead of the normal 22 to 24 grams... its weighs 41. I would love to hear what everyone thinks.

The second pen is made from acrylic. I really like this blank mostly because I'm lazy and I don't have to worry about color matching with this pattern. I would love to hear opinions on this one as well.

Both pens have medium JOWO nibs that I smoothed and tuned my self.

post-114414-0-46531900-1466207910_thumb.jpg

post-114414-0-73119400-1466207921_thumb.jpg

post-114414-0-27653500-1466207930_thumb.jpg

post-114414-0-42977300-1466207939_thumb.jpg

post-114414-0-73549400-1466207947_thumb.jpg

post-114414-0-19545000-1466207958_thumb.jpg

Come see some of my handmade pens!!!

www.jandjwooddesigns.net

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jj9ball

• elysee

• zuerincolour

• IanLWTerry

I really like them both. The metalic blue is very nice and good contrast. Would have looked cool for the front section also or an entire pen. The color fade in the second pen is the first I've seen like that. Great work.

Danny

Love the shape of the sections

"how do I know what I think until I write it down?"

I like them both, but especially the alumilite one, for looks. I normally don't like heavy pens, but the weight does not hurt its looks. I like the shape of the sections, and also the clip on the first pen. The blue band and finial really work well here. And the acrylic with its changing color is beautiful...

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

i like them both, but the first one a little better.

the metallic blue of the finials really stunning - nice color-combo.

i´d like to see the brass tube you´ve made. can you post a picture of it?

nice work!

greetings

Gerrit

I'd love to have the second one. It would be the perfect gift for a friend of mine who's an amateur astronomer.

I really like them both. The metalic blue is very nice and good contrast. Would have looked cool for the front section also or an entire pen. The color fade in the second pen is the first I've seen like that. Great work.

Danny

Love the shape of the sections

I like them both, but especially the alumilite one, for looks. I normally don't like heavy pens, but the weight does not hurt its looks. I like the shape of the sections, and also the clip on the first pen. The blue band and finial really work well here. And the acrylic with its changing color is beautiful...

Thank you all very much!

www.jandjwooddesigns.net

Well done :)

I love the clip n the second pen.

Where did you find it?

Thanks a bunch. It makes me feel like a criminal to tell you, but I called PSI and told them I lost some of my kit pen parts and needed a few clips. They said they had a few sitting around for just such an occasion so I ordered 5 Rhodium Tycoon clips and there ya go.

www.jandjwooddesigns.net

I'd love to have the second one. It would be the perfect gift for a friend of mine who's an amateur astronomer.

Thank you very much. It is for sale. I'd take $125 if you are serious. You can pick your nib size as well. I have F, M, B, 1.1, and 1.5. Send me a private message if you would like to talk more.

www.jandjwooddesigns.net

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow, what a work of art! :happyberet:

The second one screams galaxy to me.

Which I assume others did hence the gift for the astronomer.

Beautiful, truly!

The first one reminds me of Van Gogh's Starry Night. Lovely! : )

beautiful work!

Wow, what a work of art! :happyberet:

The second one screams galaxy to me.

Which I assume others did hence the gift for the astronomer.

Beautiful, truly!

truly stunning work!

Thanks a bunch. I still have the first pen in my pocket after 3 months... and its still close to my favorite.

www.jandjwooddesigns.net