The One Pen

Izzy

Gunmetal VP fine nib in shirt pocket and Kaweco Sport AL medium nib in front pants pocket.

Kindest regards, Robin

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pajaro

• penrivers

• Dickkooty2

• Raif79

I usually keep a dozen FPs inked at a time and rotate through them. But the three, maybe four that are always inked - Lamy 2000 with medium nib, Delta Horsepower with stub nib, and Franklin Christoph Panther 40 with medium italic nib. The fourth is a Delta Capri with broad nib. For business meetings, etc. these will be the pens that will go with me. But, if I am doing field work, I will likely take my Jinhao 450 or Faber Castell Loom because of their durability.

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

Pelikan M1005 Demonstrator for me but even that has to sit uninked for some time because I have too many pens that I just want to use on a regular basis. For example, I sometimes just have to use my Visconti HS Crystal.

All in all, though I always seem to have a Pelikan M100X with me, so that probably answer the question :)

For the past few years, I've always had the Nakaya unpolished shu Piccolo Cigar inked and carried, but I tend to carry several pens along with it. I bought a Pilot Falcon about a year ago, and I've kept that inked and carried, too. Yeah, so I tend to carry a "team" of pens.

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.

I have lots of pens that get more carry time than others. For a while I would carry my Pelikan 100 everywhere. My 1990's MB 149 medium goes with me just about everywhere.

Black KawecoSport with small black Mnemosyne spiral notebook in shirt pocket.

I typically only have 1 pen inked at any given time. Weird, I know, but I'm cool with it. I have found lately that my midnight blue "51" demi with a medium-fine point has been an excellent MacGuyver of a pen, and along with a Slim Note handbound pocket notebook (with recycled paper!), a constant pocket companion.

My ONE pen would currently be a refilled Pilot V-Pen ... and sometimes a 2.99€ Jinhao. Yes, I'm a cheap b a stard, how do you know?

Edited by mhpr262

Usually my Pilot Vanishing Point Twilight; it's my only VP, and the clicky nib and sturdy metal body are a good combination for carrying places.

I carry far too many every day. My shoulder pain confirms that. :) That said, I'm finding I have three different ways to respond.

For literally *every* day - including airline travel - it would be one of my Kaweco Sports. I pop in a cartridge, carry a couple of spares, and I'm ready to go.

For "reliable workhorse" it would be one of my Safaris. Not sexy, but friendly to the hand and always works.

For sheer tactile pleasure, an utter joy to use, it would be a Visconti. Can't decide whether it would be my burgundy Hall of Music or "Irises."

Common theme among all three is reliability. They just work.

Edited by FountainPenCowgirl

My Purple Lamy AL Star for reliability and I don't mind if it gets an used look and my Cascade Silver 1998 Parker Sonnet, because it's so beautiful and after cleaning and adjusting the nib it writes fairly well, actually almost as good as the Lamy :P

The parker was pre-owned and probably not really used, because of the tines touching each other and restricting ink flow extremely. Then, I guess, it was hauled around in a bag with keys, hence the slightly used look and then put in a drawer, to dry all up. There was mold in the converter. After getting it back to life and work properly for the first time - I guess, we teamed up somehow. Was about the same with the lamy, but it was brand new.

Both have dark Sailor gentle ink in their converters: Shigure - Rain shower purple in the Lamy and Miruai - seaweed dark blue indigo green in the Sonnet.

Edited by parkerwasmyfirstlove

I choose one pen/ink combo to be the EDC for the current calendar year. This year it is a Pelikan Piccadilly Circus, M nib, with Edelstein's 2015 Ink of the Year, Amethyst. I probably won't carry it out of the country next month because I don't like to carry my more expensive pens on those treks, but it goes everywhere else.

I also carry a rollerball constantly, for those times that the FP won't do. Currently I have the Shaeffer Ferrari 300, red, on hand.

Sharon in Indiana

Edited by sharonspens

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." Earnest Hemingway

No, but there is always an inked Pelikan M150 in my backpack for backup.

Well, nice surprise, pretty rough, reliable pen.

Pelikan M215 - small enough to carry, reliable writer and big ink capacity.

Excelent, I like your opinion.

I am a sectionist.

My favorite everyday pen is a Parker 75 Cisele in Silver. I love the nib (#67) on this pen. Sometimes, though, I need to have a gold pen (if I am wearing a gold watch etc for work). In those cases, I unscrew the section, nib and converter and screw it into my gold Parker 75 barrel and cap which fit the same section perfectly.

The gold version I bought a while back and it must have been a frankenpen- its section was noticeably longer and the screw threads were a bit "screwed up". Both pens were made in USA but the longer section does not have the serrations running all the way down....and the cap does not fit as securely as my silver version that came with the slightly shorter section. Both the silver and gold barrels have "flat tassies".

The gold cap and barrel also fit my silver cisele rollerball which I sometimes use when flying.

My take me everywhere pen is a Kaweco Sport in burgundy with a fine nib whose feed has been adjusted to give a wet flow. It is always loaded (syringe into cartridge) with my home brew Blue-Black made up of 3 Pelikan 4001 inks. It gives complete satisfaction.

Other more precious pens are filled and used in rotation with various inks and are carefully stored. The Kaweco remains a carefree but comforting constant.

It is made easier to carry and its aesthetics are enhanced by the addition of an antique finish clip in gold.