Wahl-Eversharp Modern Decoband Gold Seal Experience?

Gedion

I'm considering a gift to myself of the new Decoband Gold Seal with a fine nib. There isn't much

on the web, I found one lovely review here by Zaddick from December 2015. Six months into the year, how do those who took the

plunge feel about it?

Thanks!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Raif79

• Wahlnut

• Gedion

• ArchiMark

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

One of the nicest, beautiful, and well crafted pens I've ever had.....and I've had quite a few.....

However, this is one large, beefy oversize pen. So, if you're not comfortable with using pens of this size, it's not for you. But if you're a real oversize pen nut, this is the cat's pajamas...

I've got the Rosewood ebonite version, with the red feed.

Hope this helps.

Mark

FP Addict & Pretty Nice Guy

My opinion has not changed. It is a pleasure to hold every time I take it out of the case. I would buy it again.

Syd, the owner, stamps behind his pens unlike some other n companies I have dealt with.

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

Syd emailed me a few days ago and let me know that mine was done being made and was on his way to him. I'm so excited. I can't wait to test this behemoth out. I normally use a MB 149 and love the large size. I'm sure that I will love this one when it comes in.

Take the plunge! This pen is something special and more unique than just about anything else you can buy.

I'm gonna do it!

What is your nib size in the review?

I have my two favorite nibs that are flexible but seem a bit sloppy.

I'm also a left-handed overwrite which makes some of the wetter pens problematic.

I'm drawn to the Lapis blue but with the red feed it seems a bit distracting. I'm musing.....

post-36686-0-02132900-1466305716_thumb.jpg

I'm gonna do it!

I'm also a left-handed overwrite which makes some of the wetter pens problematic.

I'm drawn to the Lapis blue but with the red feed it seems a bit distracting. I'm musing.....

attachicon.gifFlex nibs.jpg

Do it! I was torn between the lapis blue and the rosewood ebonite. It was a hard decision but I went with the rosewood. The rosewood seems to be the hot seller of the colors available. I have yet to see a picture of the lapis blue other than the ones on the website. I think it's a gorgeous color. Depending on how much I love the rosewood version with super flex, I might get a lapis blue in semi flex just to have a nice set.

I may have answered my own question....it seems there is a superflex nib period. Not superflex fine nib or medium nib. The Lapis blue is fetching.

I may have answered my own question....it seems there is a superflex nib period. Not superflex fine nib or medium nib. The Lapis blue is fetching.

Correct. There are only two nibs. Superflex and semiflex. I went with superflex this time. Syd has shipped mine out so I'll tell you more when it gets here.

Mine came in today! I was so excited to open up the shipping box. First thing I noticed was the distinctive smell of rubber when I opened up the piano box (I'm in Florida and it is hot today!). It is a beautiful big pen. It's slightly bigger than the MB 149. It's really a good size (I'm 6'4" with very large hands). After admiring the pen and the swag, I inked it up with some Edelstein Tanzanite. It is so smooth to fill up. It's probably one of the smoothest and easiest pens to ink up. Mine at default is writing at a fine to medium. The nib glides on the paper. It is a wet writer but not the wettest I've ever used. The weight feels great and it is very comfortable to write with.

Pics coming soon!

http://i1039.photobucket.com/albums/a479/Raif79/IMG_8560_zpsiqmedra5.jpg?t=1466370823http://i1039.photobucket.com/albums/a479/Raif79/IMG_8562_zpsvxf67cwm.jpg?t=1466370823http://i1039.photobucket.com/albums/a479/Raif79/IMG_8565_zps5zuvxmgo.jpg?t=1466370823http://i1039.photobucket.com/albums/a479/Raif79/IMG_8566_zps1wyfdt37.jpg?t=1466370823http://i1039.photobucket.com/albums/a479/Raif79/IMG_8567_zps7jgepyps.jpg?t=1466370823

• 3 weeks later...

http://i1039.photobucket.com/albums/a479/Raif79/IMG_8742_zpsqsm8gobl.jpg?t=1468254611

Wakey Wakey Thread!

I'm gonna do it!

attachicon.gifFlex nibs.jpg

Left handed underwriter here....so, no problemo with this pen (or other pens...)......worth trying if you're a lefty I think..... :)

I saw the Lapis Blue at pen show last summer.....thought it looked very handsome...... :)

http://i1039.photobucket.com/albums/a479/Raif79/IMG_8742_zpsqsm8gobl.jpg?t=1468254611

Wakey Wakey Thread!

Have you been sippin' too much of the W-E Elderberry, ol' boy?........... ;)

Mine does not like Montblanc ink. I was having issues this morning. I went to the break room and flushed it. I filled it with the Everberry and it wrote like a dream again. I'm not normally a light blue ink kinda guy, but I like it. I'll probably go back to Edelstein Tanzanite when I run dry though. Shame about the MB Midnight Blue.

My Rosewood came with Everberry too....works great like you say....quite wet....

Yes. It is very wet. I was noticing that too today. I had to be careful to keep my big hands away from what I wrote. Bleed through was not a problem though.

Appreciate all the feedback and impressions. We're very proud of the new DECOBAND pens.

Syd "the Wahlnut" Saperstein

Pensbury Manor

Vintage Wahl Eversharp Writing Instruments

Pensbury Manor

The WAHL-EVERSHARP Company

www.wahleversharp.com

New WAHL-EVERSHARP fountain and Roller-Ball pens

Appreciate all the feedback and impressions. We're very proud of the new DECOBAND pens.

Syd, will you be in Dallas this year?

Never argue with drunks or crazy people.

I have the Rosewood model with superflex nib and I love it. It's a beautiful pen and is packaged beautifully. I have small hands (size 6 glove) but have no problems with this well balanced pen. The red feed is awesome!

As others have mentioned, Syd is a pleasure to deal with.

I'd definitely buy this pen again. No regrets.