The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Robert Oster Signature Inks - Part 2

robert oster australia inks sheen wet

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 Cyber6

Cyber6

Extremely AWESOME !!!

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,424 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 June 2016 - 20:03

PPS is a brighter, more pure blue, as you can see above. School Blue is more of a mild Blue-Black.

It can, though, depend on the pen, paper, angle of the sun, whether you've forgotten to take your sunnies off when you came inside, etc, etc.

At one stage I thought that Visconti Blue was a clone of PPS, so I wouldn't trust my word on anything.

:lol:  :lol:

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

Sponsored Content

#22 mariom

mariom

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 June 2016 - 09:43

Thanks for that. It certainly looked a lot brighter to my eye when on its own, but like many blues others suffers in comparison to PPS.

Still a nice share though.

Edited by mariom, 29 June 2016 - 09:44.

=====================================
Mario Mirabile
Melbourne, Australia

www.miralightimaging.com

=====================================

#23 Pensei

Pensei

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 671 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 November 2016 - 21:30

Cyber6, thank you so much for these beautiful photographs and thoughtful comments. I just loaded a pen with School Blue, my first (along with Copper) venture in the RO world. My goodness, what a beautiful ink. Just blew me away. Stunning color and performance. Just as a side note that might be of interest, I'm seeing much more green in the ink that the comments above reveal. I tend to think of color as objectively observed, but I suppose we all have different eyes, and may see things differently. Oh, Copper is nice, too, unlike anything else, and really looks like copper, given the caveat that copper can look a lot of different ways. 

#24 F_Salmon

F_Salmon

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 March 2017 - 15:21

I'm planning to get Robert Oster ink and kind of indecisive which color I should choose. Reading your review actually make it even harder to decide because all of them are pretty colors hahaha. But thank you so much for this! 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: robert oster, australia, inks, sheen, wet

Sponsored Content

|