The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Lamy Studio Or Aurora Ipsilon

aurora lamy studio ipsilon comparison

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 MoInk

MoInk

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 July 2016 - 12:37

You can't go wrong with the studio. Personally I bought the stainless Studio to get the non-slip black section. Later, I bought a Black one and switched out the section. I wish that combo was a stock choice.

Sponsored Content

#22 Bo Bo Olson

Bo Bo Olson

Pen Dust

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,465 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 20:33

Aurora is well known to make the narrowest European nib....near Japanese widths.

They were reputed to be a bit toothy (in that is what they made for many decades), but you can smooth that away if you don't like toothy.

Edited by Bo Bo Olson, 26 July 2016 - 20:34.

German vintage '50-70 semi-flex stubs and those in oblique give the real thing in On Demand line variation. Modern Oblique is a waste of money for a shadow of line variation. Being too lazy to Hunt for affordable vintage oblique pens, lets you 'hunt' for line variation instead of having it.

www.nibs.com/blog/nibster-writes/nibs-germany      Info on Bock nibs

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

#23 rwilsonedn

rwilsonedn

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,793 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 21:34

As an earlier poster said, you are in the price range of a Faber-Castell Ambition, which I would regard as a much nicer pen in every respect. That's a great option if you have your heart set on a European-made pen.  But you are also in the price range of some excellent Japanese Pilot and Platinum pens. The feel is very different, but in my opinion the choice of materials, build quality, and writing experience are in a different league from those of the low-end European pens.

ron

#24 Rudolf

Rudolf

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 October 2017 - 18:41

My Aurora Ipsilon is my best fountain pen. It never skips or dries out. It's a very little bit less smooth than normally, but it writes always at the first stroke. It's absolutely not backheavy when posted and It's very well build. It's a classy fountain pen with classy writing characteristics.  :thumbup:

A good fountainpen is an edc reliable writing tool

#25 corgicoupe

corgicoupe

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 October 2017 - 20:48

I have been totally pleased with my Aurora Ipsilon. I took it to our local pen club meeting today, and two sketch artists were very positive about the smoothness and ink flow.

I got mine for $50 and added a Parker converter for $10.

Edited by corgicoupe, 02 October 2017 - 09:14.

Baptiste knew how to make a short job long

For love of it. And yet not waste time either.

Robert Frost

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: aurora, lamy, studio, ipsilon, comparison

Sponsored Content

|