The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Sailor Sakura-Mori

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 ca49reber

ca49reber

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 October 2016 - 20:02

For a non-pink person, I still like this color. Don't understand me at all!

Sponsored Content

#22 inkstainedruth

inkstainedruth

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,219 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 October 2016 - 22:40

I think it's pretty.  I'd have to see how light it was on the page to see if it was legible, though, and also maybe compare it to something like De Atramentis Apple Blossom.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

#23 5Cavaliers

5Cavaliers

Ageless with time

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,284 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 October 2016 - 05:32

It's strange that this ink is the most popular one among all 8 in China. It's the one that sells out the fastest. Maybe my taste is not typically east-asian...

It must be related to the same thing that makes "Hello Kitty" so popular there.  

And great review!  I agree it is meh!  And definitely not my color. 

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours.  When it is gone, it is gone.  Be wise, but enjoy!  - anonymous today

#24 ItwasLuck

ItwasLuck

"We build too many walls and not enough bridges."

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 October 2016 - 06:00

Eh, I really dislike this color. Although it's not as bad as most people describe. I just don't think the majority of us like these pastel colors, imo they just seem like very washed out colors to me.

Dr. Jafar Mohammed Uddin (MBBS.)

Daily Drivers = Visconti Kakadu LE #100/100 - 18Kt Gold 'M' Nib  -- Visconti Homo Sapiens London Fog LE #785/888 - 23Kt Pd "1.3mm Stub" Nib -- Pilot Custom 823 - 14Kt Gold 'M' Nib 

Currently Inked with MB Toffee BrownAkkerman #10 IG, and Akkerman #10 IG respectively  :wub:  :wub: 

#25 Charles Skinner

Charles Skinner

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,437 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 January 2017 - 20:14

Do you think this ink will fade quickly even in a closed journal?  C. S. 

#26 FinScherlis

FinScherlis

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 10 June 2017 - 15:22

Well, I though - and in a sort hoped - that especially this pink would be nice, but I became somewhat sceptical after this thorough review. But now I have to ask you: Where do I find a nice and fresh and light pink?

#27 saskia_madding

saskia_madding

Donor Pen

• FPN Super Moderators

• 3,346 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 June 2017 - 15:06

How about one of the Kobes?  Like ... the Ooji Cherry, I think it's called?  #30?

#28 ManofKent

ManofKent

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 June 2017 - 15:31

I don't think it looks too bad...

#29 FinScherlis

FinScherlis

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 12 June 2017 - 18:44

Thank you for the suggestion! I'll have a look and perhaps try it out.

#30 FinScherlis

FinScherlis

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 21:16

Another one from the old Four Seasons re-release.

[...]

Coming back to your Sakura-Mori-review, Lgsoltek, I would like to ask you: Which green ink did you use? I is it vert empire? I am still undecided in regard to this colour but I like your green ink. Or is it just because of the contrast to the pink? Or even the product of a 2-ink-combination?

#31 Lgsoltek

Lgsoltek

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• 4,453 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 June 2017 - 07:35

Coming back to your Sakura-Mori-review, Lgsoltek, I would like to ask you: Which green ink did you use? I is it vert empire? I am still undecided in regard to this colour but I like your green ink. Or is it just because of the contrast to the pink? Or even the product of a 2-ink-combination?

I'm afraid I can't tell anymore. I checked my ink journal of that time but nothing comes close to it. One thing I'm sure of is that it's NOT Vert empire, which I don't have.

#32 FinScherlis

FinScherlis

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 07:56

Thank you, dear Lgsoltek! ... in any case a charming combo - at least for my eyes!

#33 Lgsoltek

Lgsoltek

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• 4,453 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 June 2017 - 10:06

Thank you, dear Lgsoltek! ... in any case a charming combo - at least for my eyes!

If I had that piece of paper in front of me I might be able to tell what it is. But it's packed in a cardboard box 8000 kilometres from me!

#34 Honeybadgers

Honeybadgers

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,518 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 June 2017 - 02:40

I might buy a bottle of this at some point for painting. That color is the perfect color of the inside of a cherry blossom.

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

#35 JulieParadise

JulieParadise

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 432 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 May 2020 - 11:54

This one is not enough to start a new thread as it is just a little impression of Sakura-Mori which I prepared for the #30inks30dayschallenge over at the German PenExchange forum:

fpn_1590666540__2020_05_27_30_inks_30_da

#36 Uncial

Uncial

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• 3,223 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 May 2020 - 12:15

I usually dislike pink inks but I really enjoy this one's paleness and shading. In a fine or medium nib it can look quite special but will be far too pale for some.

#37 JulieParadise

JulieParadise

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 432 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 May 2020 - 12:24

Yeah, this ink is more a toy than a tool, but so soft & tender & interesting  :wub:

Sponsored Content

|