Sample 73 - 4.5
Sample 74 - 3.5
Sample 75 - 1.5
Sample 76 - 5.5
Sample 77 - 3.0
Sample 78 - 6.5
Sample 79 - 1.0
Sample 80 - 1.0

This is so awesome! Thank you so much for all your effort! A great resource!

Thanks for the kind words. It's my pleasure. I'd been doing it for a long time anyway just for my own personal use, and then I thought I may as well post the results since people might find it interesting. I've got 30 rounds of tests marked and ready to be scanned and uploaded. I'm glad you and others find it so helpful.

I'm a fan of your rigor. Thank you.

Sometimes I think I can taste the colors of the ink through my eyes. That Emerald.....

• 3 weeks later...

I just stumbled upon this fabulous thread - Great Work Jaysongo!

I recently started using the Mnemosyne 194 notebooks for all my daily and project notes. My experience thus far with these notebooks mirrors your results. My primary pens during this time have been the TWSBI 580 w/ef nib, Pilot Blue; Parker "51" w/m nib, Noodler's Dark Matter; Lamy 2000 w/ef nib, ESS Registrars blue black; Jinhao X450 w/Goulet ef nib, Thistle blue black; Jinhao X450 w/Goulet 1.1mm italic nib, Noodler's Dark Matter.

None show any bleed through and only the 1.1 italic exhibits any show through and you have to look hard to see it. I believe these will be my go to notebooks for a long while; unless, of course there is a change in quality!

I really enjoyed looking through this thread and look forward to your further testing! And, as a bonus, I'm getting to see a whole bunch of cool ink colors.

May we live, not by our fears but by our hopes; not by our words but by our deeds; not by our disappointments but by our dreams.

I just stumbled upon this fabulous thread - Great Work Jaysongo!

I recently started using the Mnemosyne 194 notebooks for all my daily and project notes. My experience thus far with these notebooks mirrors your results. My primary pens during this time have been the TWSBI 580 w/ef nib, Pilot Blue; Parker "51" w/m nib, Noodler's Dark Matter; Lamy 2000 w/ef nib, ESS Registrars blue black; Jinhao X450 w/Goulet ef nib, Thistle blue black; Jinhao X450 w/Goulet 1.1mm italic nib, Noodler's Dark Matter.

None show any bleed through and only the 1.1 italic exhibits any show through and you have to look hard to see it. I believe these will be my go to notebooks for a long while; unless, of course there is a change in quality!

I really enjoyed looking through this thread and look forward to your further testing! And, as a bonus, I'm getting to see a whole bunch of cool ink colors.

Thanks, it's great to hear your thoughts on this. I think I'll have a new one out soon.

I also enjoy Mnemosyne, and if it were more easily obtainable where I am in Canada I'd probably use them as my go-to notebooks as well. The perforated pages give it an edge for me over Clairefontaine; though I've been meaning to try Clairefontaine Europa notebooks, which are perforated and have recently become available to me.

I see you you use a lot fine nib pens. I used to be all about stubs and broads because I felt that they hid the bad handwriting that fine nibs would just highlight. But as my handwriting improved I've found myself gravitating toward more fine nibs lately.

I get bored with inks very easily and I more or less live off of ink samples. I'm a big journaler and write about six or more pages of A4 each day. Bottles would be more economical for the amount I use, but samples cost about the same as cartridges, so I'll spend as much on ink as any cartridge person would. I do own a number of bottles, and it's easy to tell which ones. To the extent that I use a black it'll probably be Noodler's Black: I have a 4.5oz bottle. Showing off how different inks look on different papers is part of the reason I wanted to do this. I'm glad to know you enjoy it.

• 4 weeks later...

I would be interested in doing something similar with loose-leaf notebook filler paper and with 5X8 and 6X9 inch tablet paper which I use for short letters. I don't think I should tack it on to the end of this long thread, but despite having been around FPN for some years now, I have never figured out how to initiate a new thread. Perhaps there is an obvious button somewhere that I mistook for a mere decoration. Maybe I need to have been around for longer, posted more replies, upgraded to a paid membership, or mail in more boxtops. I have not found a clue in the help pages, nor have I found a subforum for folks with questions about how the site works. So in desperation I post this here.

Thanks to jaysongo for his inspiring example.

I would be interested in doing something similar with loose-leaf notebook filler paper and with 5X8 and 6X9 inch tablet paper which I use for short letters. I don't think I should tack it on to the end of this long thread, but despite having been around FPN for some years now, I have never figured out how to initiate a new thread. Perhaps there is an obvious button somewhere that I mistook for a mere decoration. Maybe I need to have been around for longer, posted more replies, upgraded to a paid membership, or mail in more boxtops. I have not found a clue in the help pages, nor have I found a subforum for folks with questions about how the site works. So in desperation I post this here.

Thanks to jaysongo for his inspiring example.

Thanks for the kind words. After you sign in there's a button at the top right corner of this forum between the "mark this forum as read" check-mark and the side banner ads that says "start new topic." Clicking it will allow you to post a new thread.

Edited by jaysongo

"After you sign in there's a button at the top right corner of this forum between the "mark this forum as read" check-mark and the side banner ads that says "start new topic." Clicking it will allow you to post a new thread."

Thanks. I can't even find "Mark this forum as read."

post-108087-0-64069100-1474978920_thumb.png

"After you sign in there's a button at the top right corner of this forum between the "mark this forum as read" check-mark and the side banner ads that says "start new topic." Clicking it will allow you to post a new thread."

Thanks. I can't even find "Mark this forum as read."

You can't start a new topic from within another person's topic. You need to go back to the forum's main page where all the topics are listed.

You can't start a new topic from within another person's topic. You need to go back to the forum's main page where all the topics are listed.

Aha! Thanks! That makes sense but is the exact opposite of the community I'm on most often where you have to be looking at an old post to start a new topic. Here I normally go to the FPN home page and do a search. I never go to the forum main pages.