The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Rotring Artpens With A Twist

rotring artpens

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Bytedisk

Bytedisk

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 June 2016 - 11:22

Hi,
I don't know if anyone here can help, but I am trying to track down any information I can about Rotring ArtPens SF and EF that I purchased it in Australia at least twenty years ago. They are identical in form but unlike other pens in the ArtPen series they have technical pen nibs (similar to isograph or rapidograph pens)

Artpen.png .

I have been unable to locate any references or pictures of them on the web so I am hoping someone may be able to help. Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

Sponsored Content

#2 MYU

MYU

... The key to it all is Capillary Action! ...

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,646 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 June 2016 - 17:55

Very interesting.  Looks like they're a variation on their stylograph (rapidograph) line.  They must be using EF (extra fine) and SF (super fine) as letter designations for the stylo tip size (e.g. 1.0mm, 2.5mm, 0.5mm).  The recent ArtPen series consists of all fountain pen nibs of different sizes.  The stylo tips may be interchangeable with other tips.

[MYU's Pen Review Corner]   |   "The Common Ground" -- Jeffrey Small

#3 Dillo

Dillo

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• 6,643 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 04:06

Hi,

That is older production. By the time Rotring was purchased by Sanford and Artpen production was shifted to the Parker plant in Newhaven, they had already discontinued those pens. If I'm not mistaken, there was also a 2.0 mm leadholder in the Artpen range when that was available. Very interesting!

Dillon

Stolen: Aurora Optima Demonstrator Red ends Medium nib. Serial number 1216 and Aurora 98 Cartridge/Converter Black bark finish (Archivi Storici) with gold cap. Reward if found. Please contact me if you have seen these pens.

Please send vial orders and other messages to fpninkvials funny-round-mark-thing gmail strange-mark-thing com. My shop is open once again if you need help with your pen.

Dillon

#4 Bytedisk

Bytedisk

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 June 2016 - 12:45

Hi,

That is older production. By the time Rotring was purchased by Sanford and Artpen production was shifted to the Parker plant in Newhaven, they had already discontinued those pens. If I'm not mistaken, there was also a 2.0 mm leadholder in the Artpen range when that was available. Very interesting!

Dillon

Hi Dillon

Thank you for that information. I also purchased two ArtPens with 2mm lead-holders at the same time, so that timing appears about right. I studied landscape architecture and preferred using these two pens rather than rapidographs. A pity that they are no longer made in my opinion.

Stan

#5 Dillo

Dillo

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• 6,643 posts

Posted 08 June 2016 - 00:58

Yes, I agree that it's a pity they stopped making them. Enjoy!

Dillon

Stolen: Aurora Optima Demonstrator Red ends Medium nib. Serial number 1216 and Aurora 98 Cartridge/Converter Black bark finish (Archivi Storici) with gold cap. Reward if found. Please contact me if you have seen these pens.

Please send vial orders and other messages to fpninkvials funny-round-mark-thing gmail strange-mark-thing com. My shop is open once again if you need help with your pen.

Dillon

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rotring, artpens

Sponsored Content

|