The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Deltapen.it Web Site "temporarily Suspended"

delta

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 jmccarty3

jmccarty3

There is no "c" in Sheaffer

• FPN Supporter - Platinum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,337 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 June 2016 - 19:52

I just attempted to log onto the Deltapen.it web site looking for information about their stantuffo piston mechanism. A home page comes up, but if anything on it is clicked, a message appears saying that the site is "temporarily suspended." Anyone know anything about this?

The reason I was looking is that I just received my first pen of this type. The piston mechanism is a bit different from the usual, and I want to be sure I'm operating it properly.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

Sponsored Content

#2 migo984

migo984

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• 3,760 posts

Posted 05 June 2016 - 20:12

I hope it's not an ominous sign. I had a conversation with a well-known pen seller, a few months back, before OMAS folded, and he suggested that at least two other Italian pen manufacturers were in deep financial trouble, as well as Omas. Delta was one that he mentioned as struggling. There have been deep discounts on Delta pens recently. Not sure if that's relevant.

Or maybe, hopefully, the website issue is just a technical hitch.........?

Verba volant, scripta manent

#3 warblerick

warblerick

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 June 2016 - 21:21

It's up now. I have to say though, that the downfall of this company, if it fails, is their ridiculous fusion nib. Not even the nib itself, but the companies attempts to justify the decision to no longer use gold nibs, and try to pass off the whole alchemy/fusion thing instead of just offering both gold and steel nibs.

#4 jmccarty3

jmccarty3

There is no "c" in Sheaffer

• FPN Supporter - Platinum

• 4,337 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 June 2016 - 23:05

No, the site is not up, except for the home page. As for the fusion nib, the rationale behind it was disingenuous, but the quality of the nibs is undeniable, especially the stubs.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

#5 Mulrich

Mulrich

Modern Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 02:58

The site outside of the home page was down earlier this week when I tried to check it. Not a new problem.

#6 TSherbs

TSherbs

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• 3,922 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 03:09

I just attempted to log onto the Deltapen.it web site looking for information about their stantuffo piston mechanism. A home page comes up, but if anything on it is clicked, a message appears saying that the site is "temporarily suspended." Anyone know anything about this?

The reason I was looking is that I just received my first pen of this type. The piston mechanism is a bit different from the usual, and I want to be sure I'm operating it properly.

the only links on the main page that work go to the "new arrivals" on shop.deltapens.com

all else is "suspended"

#7 E8x8

E8x8

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 15:12

The "suspended" pages link to delta-pen.it which is owned by Delta. The domain registration is valid until August, 2016 so that is not the problem.

It would be sad if the rumors that have been circulating for a while are true.  It was the Dolce Vita's signature orange and black design that originally attracted my interest in Italian pens.

#8 DustyR

DustyR

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 June 2016 - 04:12

They may be migrating to a new site:  http://www.deltapeninternational.com/

#9 TSherbs

TSherbs

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• 3,922 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 12:44

interesting

#10 FriendAmos

FriendAmos

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 12:49

They may be migrating to a new site:  http://www.deltapeninternational.com/

Indeed.   At the top right-hand corner of the new pages one can find a link to the "old site version".  And far from being in trouble, the new pages show what appear to be numerous new products.  

#11 Bluey

Bluey

Somewhere between green and indigo

• Away
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,961 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 June 2016 - 18:56

Would have been better for Delta to put a notice up on it's current/old website advising people about the move to a new site instead of giving reasons for customers to be cautious about giving them their custom.

Edited by Bluey, 18 June 2016 - 18:58.

Mediterranean blue, Asa Goa, China blue, Royal blue, Sapphire blue, Indigo, Washable Blue....the colours of the rainbow.

#12 pp763

pp763

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 June 2016 - 10:43

Looks like martemodena to me. When you go through to the product info its a similar layout
Current PensMontblanc 161, 162, 146 Solitaire Silver Barley BB, 146P EF, 149 OBB, Generation BP, Solitaire Steel Doue BP Waterman Edson M, Omas 360 L.E Vintage 2013 B, Omas Paragon HT B, Platinum President B, Pilot Custom 74 B, Sailor King Profit Ebonite B

#13 erpe

erpe

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 June 2016 - 12:23

The new site does indeed link the Marte Modena right away where the message is presented that these are not "B-products". I'm not sure how anybody who actually handled them could think they are anything less than "the originals".

#14 FriendAmos

FriendAmos

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 19 June 2016 - 12:56

Websites are sometimes unreachable.   People should not panic if they can't get to one over a day or so.

Edited by FriendAmos, 19 June 2016 - 13:04.

#15 erpe

erpe

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 June 2016 - 13:01

That's what I mean, on the previous site was no connection at all.

#16 Aristosseur

Aristosseur

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 June 2016 - 23:08

Based on a recent article on peneconomics, as well as some links not working on the current site, I would think this is ominous news.

#17 FriendAmos

FriendAmos

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 00:36

Based on a recent article on peneconomics, as well as some links not working on the current site, I would think this is ominous news.

What exactly is the ominous news?   And which non-working links bother you?   (We need not get into unsupported claims and hypotheses in other blogs.)

Edited by FriendAmos, 22 June 2016 - 00:37.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: delta

Sponsored Content

|