The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Vintage Wahl Eversharp Canadian Advertisement

wahl eversharp poster canada advertising

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 DrIdentity

DrIdentity

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 June 2016 - 05:44

20160227_172102.jpg Hi Everyone,

Check out this vintage Wahl Eversharp Canada poster that I found hanging in my garage! The photography is not great but at least you can see it. If you like it, I'll put
up a better version. The canoe even says "Canuck." I bought a Wahl Eversharp to celebrate this find.

Julie R.
Canada

Edited by DrIdentity, 05 June 2016 - 05:47.

Sponsored Content

#2 RoyalBear

RoyalBear

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 June 2016 - 00:57

That's a great find. Be sure to keep it out of the sunlight; maybe even put acrylic over it to protect it from UV rays. I have a Wahl-Eversharp gold-filled pencil (pre 1930s and not the mechanical type) that says Made In Canada. I've often wondered where the factory was.

#3 RoyalBear

RoyalBear

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 June 2016 - 19:34

I was looking at some papers I have with regards to Eversharp. Eversharp was owned by the "Machine Repeating Razor Company" in NYC and they list on their letterhead a Canadian factory address of 800 Bender Avenue, Niagara Falls, Ontario.

#4 bjmoose

bjmoose

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 June 2016 - 19:52

I, for one, would like to see a better version of this Advert.  Don't have a Canadian Wahl-Eversharp as of yet, but am hoping to locate one someday.  I do have a Canadian Sheaffer Craftsman Touchdown in my wee collection.

#5 kapanak

kapanak

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 July 2016 - 02:08

I often track down Canadian versions of the big US pen makers famous models. I am still looking to find a Wahl Canadian-made pen, but so far I got a Parker 51 Aero made in Canada (1953), and a Sheaffer Snorkel Valiant Triumph made in Canada.

To OP, a great advertisement find, even back then Canada was stereotyped :lol:

#6 DrIdentity

DrIdentity

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 September 2016 - 19:21

I, for one, would like to see a better version of this Advert.  Don't have a Canadian Wahl-Eversharp as of yet, but am hoping to locate one someday.  I do have a Canadian Sheaffer Craftsman Touchdown in my wee collection.

Hi BJ,

Okay, I'll get a friend with a camera to take a better pic of this and I'll repost. Do you like the Touchdown? I have two Skylines--one from the early 40s and one later, and I really like the pens. No pencils, yet.

#7 DrIdentity

DrIdentity

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 September 2016 - 19:22

I often track down Canadian versions of the big US pen makers famous models. I am still looking to find a Wahl Canadian-made pen, but so far I got a Parker 51 Aero made in Canada (1953), and a Sheaffer Snorkel Valiant Triumph made in Canada.

To OP, a great advertisement find, even back then Canada was stereotyped :lol:

I'd love to find one of those Wahl pens. I like the Sheaffer Canadian pens...Made in Canada is on the nib! If there were a moose in the ad we'd have every stereotype going!

#8 DrIdentity

DrIdentity

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 September 2016 - 19:23

I was looking at some papers I have with regards to Eversharp. Eversharp was owned by the "Machine Repeating Razor Company" in NYC and they list on their letterhead a Canadian factory address of 800 Bender Avenue, Niagara Falls, Ontario.

Very interesting--that could be it. 

#9 DrIdentity

DrIdentity

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 September 2016 - 19:24

That's a great find. Be sure to keep it out of the sunlight; maybe even put acrylic over it to protect it from UV rays. I have a Wahl-Eversharp gold-filled pencil (pre 1930s and not the mechanical type) that says Made In Canada. I've often wondered where the factory was.

It has some acrylic over it (it's one of the reasons why the photo is bad and it's in the garage, but I think I should work on better preservation, for sure. I would like to find one of those pencil/pen sets one day.

#10 RoyalBear

RoyalBear

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 September 2016 - 19:38

Dridentity, do you have any idea what year the ad is from?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wahl, eversharp, poster, canada, advertising

Sponsored Content

|