The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Review Of Fosfor Rajendran (Aka Desi Kop) With Jowo #8 Gold Nib

fosfor rajendran review prithwijit kop jowo #8 gold ebonite

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#41 Prithwijit

Prithwijit

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 June 2016 - 07:20

Amazing effort! The result speaks, I am with you for a customised manufacture over an overpiced over the counter purchase. I had great experience with Fosfor for my custom sandle wood pen.

pbhat

Hi pbhat,

Glad to hear that you are enjoying your pen. in case you have reviewed the same, can I get the link to it?

Wow, that's a stunning execution of a fantastic design! I had contacted Manoj a while back about making something like this (KOP based design) but did not end up placing an order for it due to several reasons (my laziness, impatience, tardiness in arranging funds etc. I tend to keep my pen budget constant and rotate pens when I have to buy new, more desirable ones). Now I have a good idea of what the pen would have looked like if I had followed through with it. I'm sure Manoj will be very busy for the next few months from now  :D

Hi s_t_e-v_e,

At-least now you have a template ready should you wish to consider a future order.

Regards,

Prithwijit

Click here to check out my reviews

Fosfor Rajendran | ASA Santulan | Ranga Sugarcane | ASA Sniper | Fosfor Heather | ASA I-Will | Hero Glorious | ASA Azaadi | Fosfor Islander | ASA Halwa | ASA Macaw | ASA Namenlos | ASA Bheeshma

Sponsored Content

#42 Prithwijit

Prithwijit

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 June 2016 - 07:25

Nothing compares to realizing ones ideas in reality - congrats for conjuring the Rajendran.

Fosfor Pens - shastaang pranam. 

Dear Markivo,

Thanks for dropping by and leaving your comment. You do have a really eclectic collection and your blog has been a must read for many of us. I may never see an Oldwin or an Osmia in India, but hopefully someday I will get to meet you and appreciate the rare beauties in your possession.

Regards,

Prithwijit

Fosfor Rajendran | ASA Santulan | Ranga Sugarcane | ASA Sniper | Fosfor Heather | ASA I-Will | Hero Glorious | ASA Azaadi | Fosfor Islander | ASA Halwa | ASA Macaw | ASA Namenlos | ASA Bheeshma

#43 Prithwijit

Prithwijit

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 June 2016 - 07:32

Dear Prithwijit,

Congratulations on this lovely journey. It is truly amazing to work with Manoj to buy a Fosfor pen and your effort to create a custom pen with him as resulted in this lovely creation. I've been following a few of your other posts and bespoke creations with Indian pen turners and it has always been a joy to see the end results. The customization on the nibs adds a special touch to the pens.

A few quick questions though,

- Would it be possible to post a writing sample? You do mention it is a JoWo unit, but did the custom engraving modify/interfere at all with the ink flow? I'm guessing the engraving wasn't deep enough for that to happen.
- You seem have to bought a few of these blanks to create almost one from each of the Indian pen turners active here on FPN. Was shipping to India hassle free? Do you have any more of the spare ebonite blanks?
- Would you kindly post a picture of all your bespoke pens together? I'd love to see them all lined up together.

Thanks,

Flummoxed

Dear Bharath,

Thanks for the compliments. I usually order a few blanks at a time from Vince and till date thankfully have never faced any issue. Currently I do not have any special ebonite blank available to spare but I am aware that Manoj of Fosforpens and M P Kandan of Ranga pens have a nice collection of premium ebonite blanks available with them.

the engraving has had absolutely zero impact on the nib's performance and its a very light engraving anyway. Should that be a cause of concern for you, I suggest you opt for one of the stock nibs.

Lastly, please find a group picture of a few of my custom pens. I realized that not all of them are here, but I am too lazy to go searching for them right now :)

IMGP2166_zpszgycx0gc.jpg

Regards,

Prithwijit

#44 flummoxed

flummoxed

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 June 2016 - 14:46

Dear Bharath,

Thanks for the compliments. I usually order a few blanks at a time from Vince and till date thankfully have never faced any issue. Currently I do not have any special ebonite blank available to spare but I am aware that Manoj of Fosforpens and M P Kandan of Ranga pens have a nice collection of premium ebonite blanks available with them.

the engraving has had absolutely zero impact on the nib's performance and its a very light engraving anyway. Should that be a cause of concern for you, I suggest you opt for one of the stock nibs.

Lastly, please find a group picture of a few of my custom pens. I realized that not all of them are here, but I am too lazy to go searching for them right now :)

IMGP2166_zpszgycx0gc.jpg

Regards,

Prithwijit

Thanks for the picture, the Ranga Sugarcane and the Fosfor Rajendran look absolutely brilliant.

#45 Helen350

Helen350

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,221 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 June 2016 - 13:46

Dear Bharath,

IMGP2166_zpszgycx0gc.jpg

Regards,

Prithwijit

I am in :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:  with these beautiful pens!!!!

#46 ak2k5

ak2k5

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 June 2016 - 16:12

Dear Bharath,

IMGP2166_zpszgycx0gc.jpg

Regards,

Prithwijit

Amazing...

There's no such thing as perfect writing, just like there's no such thing as perfect despair : Haruki Murakami

#47 sannidh

sannidh

Finding Eternity

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 June 2016 - 04:45

Hi Sonik,

Thanks for the tip. Now how do we get those tiny balls or pellets? I have no qualms about loosing even more converter capacity :)

Shouldn't emperor be called "Samrat"? ASA already has pen with this model name - created again on my insistence. It is basically the ebonite version of the Popsicle.

Regards,

Prithwijit

Somehow I missed your question, Dada. Checked that there are different bearings available at amazon etc, but you can purchase some @ Rs 10 or 20 from a local hardware store or cycle shop (take the converter with you to check the diameter). Deep groove balls range from 3mm-2cm diameter..

Samrat or Chakravarti Samrat  :D

You have come to earth to entertain and to be entertained - P.Y

Some Pen & Paraphernalia Reviews

#48 Prithwijit

Prithwijit

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 June 2016 - 02:32

Thanks for the picture, the Ranga Sugarcane and the Fosfor Rajendran look absolutely brilliant.

I am in :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:  with these beautiful pens!!!!

Thanks Helen and Bharat

#49 Prithwijit

Prithwijit

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 June 2016 - 02:36

Somehow I missed your question, Dada. Checked that there are different bearings available at amazon etc, but you can purchase some @ Rs 10 or 20 from a local hardware store or cycle shop (take the converter with you to check the diameter). Deep groove balls range from 3mm-2cm diameter..

Samrat or Chakravarti Samrat  :D

Hi Sonik,

The local hardware guy couldn't help. I will try if there is a large enough cycling shop locally who can have bearing balls.

Its funny bit I was actually toying with the idea of Chakravarti (nee Chakraborty) for a supersized Rajendran type pen. Hopefully such a pen would be lacquer quoted.  

Regards,

Chaki

#50 rudyhou

rudyhou

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,639 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 June 2016 - 05:13

i'm not into large sized pens, but that's a great looking piece  :thumbup:

-rudy-

#51 kirki.mandrake

kirki.mandrake

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 June 2016 - 17:40

The Rajendran is look stunning! it is impossible not to desire. Compliments!

Where you have bought the clip? I do not think that is among those offered by FOSFOR

#52 mehandiratta

mehandiratta

Museum Piece

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,683 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 June 2016 - 00:54

Where you have bought the clip? I do not think that is among those offered by FOSFOR

Fosfor has that in Stock now

vaibhav mehandiratta                               

architect & fountain pen connoisseur 

blog | instagram | twitter

#53 Prithwijit

Prithwijit

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 June 2016 - 02:54

Hi,

As Vaibhav rightly mentioned, the clip in question is stocked by Fosfor now.

Regards,

Prithwijit

#54 kirki.mandrake

kirki.mandrake

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 June 2016 - 23:28

Many thanks!!

#55 Tresconik

Tresconik

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 June 2016 - 11:52

After seeing Mr Prithwijit's Rajendran, I wanted one too. Thanks to these beautiful honey noire blanks he got me, Fosfor made a Rajendran for me as well :)

It's got a #6 Visconti 14kt nib

image1.JPG

This is one of the most beautiful materials I've seen. 

image2.JPG

Edited by Tresconik, 22 June 2016 - 13:58.

#56 s_t_e_v_e

s_t_e_v_e

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 618 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 June 2016 - 13:31

After seeing Mr Prithwijit's Rajendran, I wanted one too. Thanks to these beautiful honey noire blanks he got me, Fosfor made a Rajendran for me as well :)

It's got a #6 Visconti 4kt nib
image1.JPG

image2.JPG

You guys are killing me!!!

#57 Prithwijit

Prithwijit

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 June 2016 - 17:42

It's got a #6 Visconti 14kt nib

attachicon.gifimage1.JPG

attachicon.gifimage2.JPG

Congratulations Nikhil on acquiring such an exquisite writing instrument. Please do post a full review at your earliest convenience.

Regards,

Prithwijit

#58 Bobje

Bobje

We're all bozos on this bus.

• FPN Super Moderators

• 1,936 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 June 2016 - 17:43

Tresconik, spectacular version and great choice of a classy, classic material. It's great to see the Rajendran proliferate!

Reviews and articles on Fountain Pen Network

CHINA, JAPAN, AND INDIA

Hua Hong Blue Belter Penbbs 456 | Stationery | ASA Nauka in Dartmoor and Ebonite | ASA Azaadi | ASA Bheeshma | ASA Halwa | Ranga Model 8 and 8b | Ranga Emperor

ITALY AND THE UK

FILCAO Roxi | FILCAO Atlantica | Italix Churchman's Prescriptor

USA, INK, AND EXPERIMENTS

Bexley Prometheus | Route 54 Motor Oil | Black Swan in Icelandic Minty Bathwater | Robert Oster Aqua | Diamine Emerald Green | Mr. Pen Radiant Blue | Three Oysters Giwa | Flex Nib Modifications | Rollstoppers

#59 Prithwijit

Prithwijit

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 July 2016 - 17:55

Hi,

I recently facilitated someone I know in obtaining a Fosfor Rajendran in woodgrain acetate material. Attaching pictures of the pen for your viewing pleasure.

IMG_20160618_193852_1_zpszybqicg6.jpg

Some of you had approached me with regards to access to the original material and I was unfortunately not able to help. I am however able to arrange for a set or two of the woodgrain acetate material should any of you be interested. 

Regards,

Prithwijit

#60 RobertJWarren

RobertJWarren

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 July 2016 - 23:41

Nice looking pen!

It's a small world......but I'd hate to paint it. -Stephen Wright

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fosfor, rajendran, review, prithwijit, kop, jowo, #8, gold, ebonite

Sponsored Content

|