Kwzi Inks Recommendation

mehandiratta

I am planning to buy 11 bottles of KWZI Inks...

Can any one recommend me few colours... which have great saturation and shading... and also if there is any ink with sheen....

I will buy inks from every colour family...

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mehandiratta

• Ghost Plane

• AndyYNWA

• eharriett

I am thinking of ordering Iron Gall Violet #3 - I love Scabiosa but would like to have something on the same line yet even darker (IG inks seem to develop an irresistible velvety finish when dry...)

and perhaps the IG Turquoise as well, am still hunting for swatches and reviews online.

I woulod be grateful for a hint whether there is a brick 'n mortar store in Warsaw carrying the stuff

:)

Edited by Liis

Unfortunately there is no B&M store in Warsaw carrying KWZI inks I know of (and I'm lively interested in this topic as I work in Warsaw and would like to have easy access to those inks without waiting/paying for postage).

Konrad usually participates in Fountain Pen Day meeting in Warsaw where one can buy his inks directly.

As to ink suggestions: IG Green Gold, my favourite green, it goes on paper as a bright green but quickly darkens to warm, easy to read, dark green with noticeable shading. I've been using it as main office writer.

There are many, but Honey is the one I would say don't miss.

Honey I already have..

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter

IG Green Gold, IG Turquoise, Grey Plum, Violet #9 and another vote for Brown Pink. Cherry for a bright red, Maroon for a deep red. Oh, and Cappuccino :) Love me some KWZ ink.

Life's too short to use crappy pens.  -carlos.q

My personal favorites are IG Violet #3, IG Blue #3, IG Blue-black, and IG Mandarin, and also like the non-IG Green Gold. I've been lusting after Honey and Grey Plum.

IG Green #3 wasn't bad. Not overly enamored of IG Turquoise or IG Red; haven't tried regular Turquoise yet. Hmmm. Maybe that should go into something for Triangle Pen Show this weekend.... :thumbup:

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

edited for formatting

Edited by inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

I've never been one for sheen, and my criteria is simply that an ink "look good" to me on the page. As well as their handling qualities. I don't have lots of KWZ inks but I do like the ones I have. I'm not into IG inks either, so I can't make any recommendations there. I really like honey and cappuccino. The regular Turquoise is very nice. I've been using the Green Gold and Green Gold #2, the latter is brighter, and Rotten Green is great if you like murky, mysterious greens.

I'm sure others have their own favorites.

My two favorite KWZ are Green #3 (a clear, emerald green) and IG Blue #6 (runs a bit teal). Both are nice and wet and a joy to use. I prefer the IG Blue #6 in a thinner/dryer nib, so you can still see the color and it doesn't completely oxidize black.

Aurora Optima Nero Perla M | Eversharp Skyline Blue Flexible F | Franklin-Christoph 31 Purpurae Fine SIG | Franklin-Christoph 45 IPO Coco Pearl Medium Stub | Franklin-Christoph 45 Antique Glass MCI | Franklin-Christoph Pocket 66 Italian Ice MCI | Lamy 2000 F | Lamy 2000 M | Lamy Studio Violet Steel F | Lamy Studio Wild Rubin 14k FM (Custom Ground) | Montblanc Meisterstuck Mozart Solitaire Doue Sterling Silver 925 M | Namiki Vanishing Point Faceted M | Parker Duofold Senior Green Stripe (1941 - 1948) Flexible F | Parker Vacumatic Junior Green F | Pelikan M200 Traditional Black F | Pelikan M215 Rings F | Pelikan M400 White Tortoise EF | Pilot CH 92 Blue FM | Pilot CH 92 Clear M | Pilot Decimo Violet F | Pilot Metropolitan Black Crocodile F | Pilot Metropolitan Silver M | Pilot Vanishing Point Matte Black B Architect | Pilot Vanishing Point Raden Water Surface F | Platinum Century 3776 Chartres Blue SF | Sailor Pro Gear Imperial Black H-M | Sailor Sapporo Violet H-FM | TWSBI Eco Black M | TWSBI Eco Clear F | TWSBI Vac 700 0.7 CI (Custom Ground)

IG Turquoise is my favorite. Right now I have it in an Esterbrook J with 9550 (EF) nib. It is absolutely gorgeous in something with a fat nib.

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

Hard to suggest a particular colour, they are all so nice ! Choose them with your hart and not with your mind. Collect hem one by one :)

Catherine Van Hove

www.sakurafountainpengallery.com

Koning Albertstraat 72b - 3290 DIest - Belgium

My favorite is IG Green Gold. There are very few non Sailor inks that I turn to regularly and this one even has a dedicated pen. I use it for all of my grading because I don't like red for corrections and I love that it shades beautifully and looks rich even on cheaper quality university paper.

I also have quite a few of these on my WTB list...

Azure #3

Azure #5

IG Blue #6

IG Turquoise

IG Green Gold

...for a start...

YNWA - JFT97

Instagram: inkyandy

• 4 months later...

I've now got three bottles of KWZ:

Hunter Green

Dark Brown

Brown Pink (probably my favourite)

Very pleased with them, they all behave well in my OMAS and Danitrio pens.

Pens: Conid Kingsize ebonite (x2)
Inks: 
  KWZ Dark Brown / KWZ IG Orange / Diamine Chocolate / Diamine Burnt Sienna / Diamine Ochre / Monteverde Scotch Brown

I've only bought a single color, and I'm a big fan. If you are interested in a purple that angles toward the pink side, try out Berry.

"Over the Mountain

Of the Moon

Down the Valley of the Shadow

Ride, boldly ride,"

The shade replied,

"If you seek for Eldorado." - E. A. Poe

Yes Mishka is right (Now is two of us:). Green Gold are pretty cool, if you like earthy colours.

http://www.clumsypenman.com/ink-review/kwz-ink-green-gold/

http://www.clumsypenman.com/wp-content/fpngallery/kwz-ink-green-gold/untitled-42.jpg

Edited by Clumsy_Penman

Please visit my InkFusion site at http://www.clumsypenman.com