Pelikan Hub 2016

pepsiplease69

<script src="http://local.ptron/WindowOpen.js"></script>

How does one find the locations of this years hubs? I can only locate the 2015 cities.

The hub master should contact you, if you registered with Pelikan.

San Francisco Pen Show - August 28-30, 2020 - Redwood City, California

www.SFPenShow.com

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bbs

• pepsiplease69

• ac12

• Bergerac

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As a hub master, I feel that everyone is welcome provided our space can handle it AND with the clear understanding that whatever things sent by Pelikan is only for those who Pelikan tells me gave pre registered with them. Oh, and have an interest in Pelikan inks and/or pens!

I hope that everyone will bring some of their flock to show off and talk about, but some folks are shy and that's ok too. This will be a great chance to see and learn about Pelikans.

--

Glenn (love those pen posses)

That is the challenge for all of the hub-masters, finding a facility with a large enough room, AT NO COST.

New Delhi Pelikan hubmaster cannot find a facility to accommodate the registered number of members at no cost, so we are paying for the location, and the space would be exclusive to us. I think we are 25 participants.

So if the number of participants get too high, maybe each one would have to pay for a space which can accommodate that many participants. 215 members in case of Taipei may require a hall.

I'm looking forward to bringing several Pelikans that have made their way to my flock in the last year.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

Perhaps the Hubs concept has reached the point where Pelikan should consider reimbursing each Hubmaster for the cost of an appropriate venue. I don't know how (or if) Pelikan compensates the Hubmasters for their trouble, but unless they're handing out Gaudis or some such, it's bound to be a sacrifice that few people are able or willing to make to arrange this sort of affair. The Hubs are a marketing tool, and a rather effective one, to judge by their popularity, so it seems only fair to me that Pelikan step up and cover the expenses of the folks who are making this possible.

This is my second time serving as a hub master. I am fine with not being compensated.

Our venue rent is pretty reasonable at $200 for 4pm - 11pm on a Friday evening. I plan on putting out a jar for donations/chipping in at the registration table. People are free to chip in or not. I am comfortable covering the fee if necessary since I'd rather go to my venue than spend a lot of time trying to track down a site that has food/drinks/private area available for a group of 60+ folks (we have a lot of guests this year).

Last year I put out a jar with a sign asking for donations to defray the cost of the room. My boyfriend and I only had to cover $40 which was fine since we just considered it chipping in $20 each.

In Pelikan's defense (not associated with them other then as a hub master and a customer) they are providing thousands of dollars worth of merchandise in an effort to promote fountain pens and inks. Yes, their name is on it but they were quite clear last year that all pens and inks were welcome and that even if you only had a pencil you were welcome. I tried to take that attitude and run with it.

Hi all,

Can unregistered people visit too?

I just found out about this and have been in the fountain pen hobby for around 6 months now.

I will be in Delhi on the 16th so if Mr.Mehndiratta could help me somehow?

Thanks

I<script src="http://local.ptron/WindowOpen.js"></script>

Hi all,
Can unregistered people visit too?
I just found out about this and have been in the fountain pen hobby for around 6 months now.

I will be in Delhi on the 16th so if Mr.Mehndiratta could help me somehow?

Thanks

It depends on the hub master.

- Pelikan sends the hubmaster some things to give away. This is based on who registers. If you did not register, Pelikan did not send something for you, so do not expect to get a 'give-away' like those that did register.

- Space. Some venues are space limited, and cannot accept 'walk-ins.'

gud luk on getting into a hub.

www.SFPenShow.com

I registered on the 26th of August, but I have no emails since. Any tips on how I could findout who the hubmaster is? Or find a location near me?

Thanks in advance.

post-129757-0-46207600-1473449379_thumb.jpeg

flying-letter-postcard-exc.png

<script src="http://local.ptron/WindowOpen.js"></script>

I registered on the 26th of August, but I have no emails since. Any tips on how I could findout who the hubmaster is? Or find a location near me?

Thanks in advance.

Contact Pelikan is all I can think of.

www.SFPenShow.com

Unfortunately, Hub registration was already closed a couple of weeks prior to Aug. 26.

And from your screenshot it looks like you registered with the Pelikan website -- and not the Hub.

Unfortunately, Hub registration was already closed a couple of weeks prior to Aug. 26.And from your screenshot it looks like you registered with the Pelikan website -- and not the Hub.

Oh dear, that's a shame. I was actually looking forward to the meet!

Where is the Hub registeration section? (If it hasn't been taken down already)

Or best still, which cities in the UK have met the mark?

Only a week to go. I hope everyone is getting excited!

Rob Maguire (Plse call me "M or Mags" like my friends do...)I use a Tablet, Apple Pencil and a fountain pen. Targas, Sailor, MB, Visconti, Aurora, vintage Parkers, all wonderful.

I am new to Pelikan Hubs and aim to attend the forthcoming meeting in London on Friday 16 September. But I am wondering what to expect? Is this simply a meeting for those who are keen on Pelikan pens (which I am of course!) or is it also an occasion to buy/sell/swap Pelikans with other enthusiasts?

Either scenario would be interesting :)

See you there, Quadraus! I wasn't aware of any trading going on last year, but pens of many brands were shown off. I don't think there are rigid rules, just a bunch of enthusiasts sharing experiences. And trying a few Edelstein inks :)

I chose my user name years ago - I have no links to BBS pens (other than owning one!)

Oh dear, that's a shame. I was actually looking forward to the meet!

Where is the Hub registeration section? (If it hasn't been taken down already)

Or best still, which cities in the UK have met the mark?

I am new to Pelikan Hubs and aim to attend the forthcoming meeting in London on Friday 16 September. But I am wondering what to expect? Is this simply a meeting for those who are keen on Pelikan pens (which I am of course!) or is it also an occasion to buy/sell/swap Pelikans with other enthusiasts?

Either scenario would be interesting :)

Actually, if you can't get to the Hub, the London Pen Show is only two weeks later, on the Sunday - plenty of pen action there and certainly the place to buy.

I chose my user name years ago - I have no links to BBS pens (other than owning one!)

Actually, if you can't get to the Hub, the London Pen Show is only two weeks later, on the Sunday - plenty of pen action there and certainly the place to buy.

Yes the event is a few weeks after. As far as I'm aware, I won't be in the UK!

But thank you for your response.

Thanks for the advice on the pen show. I will try to attend both events, hoping that work will allow me to get away on time to attend the Friday's hub meeting. Otherwise I shall certainly go to the pen fair.

Regarding the London pen show, do you know if there any dealers/vendors attending who have good stocks of Pelikans?

Thanks for the advice on the pen show. I will try to attend both events, hoping that work will allow me to get away on time to attend the Friday's hub meeting. Otherwise I shall certainly go to the pen fair.

Regarding the London pen show, do you know if there any dealers/vendors attending who have good stocks of Pelikans?

There will be several dealers with good stocks of Pelikans - some dealers come over from the continent for the show.