The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Ink Mix: Bulletproof Navajo Safari

41 brown navajo turquoise noodlers black ink mix safari

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 justaninker

justaninker

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 May 2016 - 16:30

This was a mix intended to use up Noodler's #41 Brown. #41 Brown is a pleasant, well-behaved ink, but too unsaturated for daily use. This mix achieves a darker, professional, more muted color that is medium-wet, 92% bulletproof, and shades well. Incidentally the color seems to be reminiscent of Diamine's Safari/Salamander :)

The photo looks more accurate than the scan, although neither shows the green component well. My old scanner apparently doesn't like HP 24lb Laserjet paper.

Photo

20160529_Navajo_Safari_Photo.jpg

Scan

20160529_Navajo_Safari_Scan.jpg

Edited by justaninker, 29 May 2016 - 16:31.

Sponsored Content

#2 OCArt

OCArt

OBB

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,741 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 May 2016 - 21:26

Looks like a nice mix, thanks for posting this.

----------------

"Pens a'plenty in 2020" Chuck Montano from The Nib Section podcast

#3 Tas

Tas

Graphophile . . .

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,067 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 May 2016 - 21:50

Oooo. I don't have any 41 Brown but looking at the result I will pop another brown into your mix and have a play.

Thank you.

#4 justaninker

justaninker

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 May 2016 - 23:10

Oooo. I don't have any 41 Brown but looking at the result I will pop another brown into your mix and have a play.

Thank you.

Hi Tas, you are very welcome! If you substitute a more saturated brown (and most browns should be more saturated than #41), your results may be more similar to El Lawrence. You may want to leave out the bulletproof black if you want the green to show through. This may compromise the shading a bit, though.

Have fun!

#5 Tas

Tas

Graphophile . . .

• Member - Gold

• 5,067 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 May 2016 - 12:55

Hi Tas, you are very welcome! If you substitute a more saturated brown (and most browns should be more saturated than #41), your results may be more similar to El Lawrence. You may want to leave out the bulletproof black if you want the green to show through. This may compromise the shading a bit, though.

Have fun!

Using your 10:1 guidelines I took an old, failed brown mix, Brown Dreggs and mixed it with Navajo Turquoise. (no black needed)
I absolutely love it !
Thank you so much.

fpn_navajo_brown.jpg

For reference, Brown Dreggs looks like this:

fpn_brown_dreggs_may2014.jpg

#6 Cyber6

Cyber6

Extremely AWESOME !!!

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• 6,424 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 May 2016 - 14:53

OH GOSHH....  :wub:  :wub:

I am loving that Navajo Brown...  How many ml of that never-reproducible-again ink you have?  :D

C.

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

#7 Tas

Tas

Graphophile . . .

• Member - Gold

• 5,067 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 May 2016 - 15:01

:blush:  :blush:

Funny that. I mixed up just 2ml of this to see what it'd look like but when I saw it on the word card, I poured all of the, until today, previously useless Brown Dreggs (40ml) and then added 4ml of NT to it.

I knows what I likes when I sees it  :wub: 

Shall I send you some or will you have a go at mixing yours and produce an even more gorgeous murky greeny brown . . . ?

#8 Cyber6

Cyber6

Extremely AWESOME !!!

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• 6,424 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 May 2016 - 15:37

Shall I send you some or will you have a go at mixing yours and produce an even more gorgeous murky greeny brown . . . ?

:lol:  :lol:    I guess we both know each other so well....    Yes, I will be making my own murky green brown...  

I just need to find a brown I don't like much.. Cause I do like my Navajo Turquoise.. 

C. 

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

#9 Tas

Tas

Graphophile . . .

• Member - Gold

• 5,067 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 May 2016 - 17:41

:)

#10 Lgsoltek

Lgsoltek

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,453 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 May 2016 - 01:06

Funny that. I mixed up just 2ml of this to see what it'd look like but when I saw it on the word card, I poured all of the, until today, previously useless Brown Dreggs (40ml) and then added 4ml of NT to it.

I knows what I likes when I sees it  :wub: 

Oh you slugs!  :lol:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 41 brown, navajo turquoise, noodlers black, ink mix, safari

Sponsored Content

|