New We - Good News For The Uk!

salesguy

Was in the Bond Street shop today sorting a nib exchange for my ReN Coral (gone for a B ) and got to talking about the William Shakespeare.

I had the opportunity to handle the sample pen. This one is a stunner. The details on the cap & barrel are delightful, and the black cap really makes the white barrel 'pop'. The signature is dodgy, but it's well known that Will had a very variable signature!

But the nib....oh my word the nib....engraved with the Globe Theater outline. Stunning.

The staff think this one will really fly - and I agree with them...launch is 1st August....but.....I was told that the in the UK it will be on sale before then, possibly from the start of July. The manager was still waiting to hear the exact date. Reason given to me was that as William S was a Brit, we get it earlier!!

She also confirmed the Ultra Black (matt resin, ruthenium coated gold nib) that would also be along in July.

Could be an expensive month!

(BTW - no photo's were allowed!

Edited by salesguy

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• salesguy

• CS388

• A1979

• admmarcos

Top Posters In This Topic

O, sounds like they have a buyer already! I know I could quite easily look it up online, but that kind of defeats the object of asking questions!

Was the pen cartridge or piston filled? I'm guessing it might be cartridge as the nib has engravings.....

How much are they looking at selling them for?

Many thanks

flying-letter-postcard-exc.png

She also confirmed the Ultra Black (matt resin, ruthenium coated gold nib) that would also be along in July.

Was the size or model mentioned? Is it a 146?

I wonder if the hardware/trim is also black?

I think I'd better start saving up.

Thanks.

Re. The William, it's a piston filler. No detail on price ( I asked but was told it hadn't been confirmed yet)

Re. The Ultra Black, 146 and all black! It will be part of the standard range, so probably more than just FP's

As I said, it could get expensive.....!

Prices for all the WE and LE pens was listed in a catalog sent to boutique stores months ago. Unfortunately I cannot recall the price for the pen, but it was set already.aybe someone else remembers.

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

Hi, I think I missed something.... What is this Ultra Black pen? A new range like the Heritage, or a new pen/edition?

Thank you,

Is "Ultra Black" the official name? Will the price be comparable to the current Meisterstück pens, or perhaps the platinum versions?

I have a pic of the catalog, there is a price shown. Let's just say that my first thought was a 149.

I'm not sure if rules permit me discussing such a thing.

Hi, could you please contact me in private message (mferasso@hotmail.com)? Thanks,

Hmmm. I don't like the black at all..

I don't like the fact that they are following other brands in the stealth look. Went out of fashion some time ago..

Thanks, A1979.

Not as nice as I was hoping it would be.

I like the matte black body, but not keen on the extra metal at the cap top . I was also hoping that the ruthenium metalware would be even 'blacker' - more like a stealth pen (eg. Monteverde?).

I'll definitely go and have a look at one, in the flesh - but may also consider buying an old 146 and 'customising' it myself.

Thanks, A1979.

Not as nice as I was hoping it would be.

I like the matte black body, but not keen on the extra metal at the cap top . I was also hoping that the ruthenium metalware would be even 'blacker' - more like a stealth pen (eg. Monteverde?).

This was actually also my first reaction! But of course I must see it in person...

I was expecting something more like the Parker Premier, which I really like.

Very disappointing. Not what I had in my mind at all.

Was expecting more of a Matt Black VP type of look.

Of course I'll have a look at it, but as of now I'm not biting.