The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

My 360 Collection, In Memory Of Omas...

omas 360 omas 360

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Alberto

Alberto

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 19:15

Hello everyone - long time lurker, (almost) first time poster here.

In memory of OMAS, I thought I would take - and share - a picture of my 360 collection... missing from the photo are only a clear demonstrator and a second ebony pen.

What the sharp-eyed among you may have noticed is that these, apart from the Imagination, are all rollers!  I like writing with them, and since I prefer rollers to fountain pens, this has dictated the direction which the collection has taken over time.

Clockwise, from the top:

- Lucens (gold trim)

- Wild (Ltd Ed)

- Wild

- Blue cellulose

- Burkina

- Titanium (not numbered)

- Imagination

- Snakewood

- Snakewood

- Ebony wood

- Translucent Amber

- Translucent Smoke (Ltd Ed, ruthenium trim)

- Translucent Red (Ltd Ed)

- Translucent Turquoise (Ltd Ed)

- Green (Omas 75th)

- White  (Omas 75th)

- Cranberry

- Blue/black (gold trip)

- Blue/black (HT trim)

- MoMA

A few versions are still missing, but I am hoping to still be able to add those at some point...  :)

360small.jpg

You can see a larger version of the picture here: https://dl.dropboxus...41/360large.jpg

Edited by Alberto, 25 May 2016 - 19:16.

Sponsored Content

#2 Cyber6

Cyber6

Extremely AWESOME !!!

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,424 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 May 2016 - 19:51

Very Impressive !!!    :puddle:  :puddle:

C.

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

#3 usk15

usk15

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,549 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 May 2016 - 20:26

WOW! Very nice collection!

#4 Joban

Joban

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 May 2016 - 20:35

Great looking collection.

#5 Babangita

Babangita

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 July 2016 - 17:17

Great, just great collection!

Ok, here comes a little challenge....if you had to pick up just one which one would it be? 

And perhaps an even harder question, if you would have to give up on one, which one would it be?

Current modern daily users: Aurora 88L; Montegrappa Miya, Omas AM87, S.T.Dupont D-Line, Stipula Etruria Tuscany Dreams, Tibaldi Modello 60.

Current vintage daily users: Aurora 98p, Big Red Lucky Curve, MB622, P51, P75, Pelikan NN400.

#6 da vinci

da vinci

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,923 posts

Posted 20 July 2016 - 22:48

Glad this thread got bumped. Great collection :)

#7 SUNIL GARG

SUNIL GARG

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 July 2016 - 03:32

Absolutely fascinating.  Had I not been having an OMAS 360  FP (LE) in red, your collection would seem to me like a photoshop 

creation. 

#8 Tinjapan

Tinjapan

Antique

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• 2,164 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 July 2016 - 07:37

Great collection. Wish I had a 360.

#9 Alberto

Alberto

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 13:40

Ok, here comes a little challenge....if you had to pick up just one which one would it be? 

And perhaps an even harder question, if you would have to give up on one, which one would it be?

Well, if I had to pick just one, it would be a tough call between the ebony wood and the titanium, though I think that probably the titanium would win!  It is actually the first version I bought, a long time ago.

As to the one to give up, that's easy!  I ended up with two of the amber demonstrator rollers, so while I like to have doubles of the wood in case one were to split one day, I certainly do not need doubles of the amber/gold demonstrator!!!  :D

Since that picture was taken, I managed to pick up two more to add to the collection: one is the orange 75th Anniversary Ltd Ed for the Owners' Club (which is actually a FP in more of a coral-colored resin with the 3 separate bands like the MoMa or the Lucens), and a grey resin roller.  I will update the picture at the earliest opportunity...

#10 Alberto

Alberto

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 13:46

Absolutely fascinating.  Had I not been having an OMAS 360  FP (LE) in red, your collection would seem to me like a photoshop 

creation. 

LOL!!! Actually, according to the records I have been able to assemble, I am still missing 20 other variants of the 360, 12 of which I am actually still seeking (the others are only differences in trim colors, in which case I always tend to go for the HT trim)...

#11 Babangita

Babangita

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 July 2016 - 09:08

Well, if I had to pick just one, it would be a tough call between the ebony wood and the titanium, though I think that probably the titanium would win!  It is actually the first version I bought, a long time ago.

As to the one to give up, that's easy!  I ended up with two of the amber demonstrator rollers, so while I like to have doubles of the wood in case one were to split one day, I certainly do not need doubles of the amber/gold demonstrator!!!  :D

Since that picture was taken, I managed to pick up two more to add to the collection: one is the orange 75th Anniversary Ltd Ed for the Owners' Club (which is actually a FP in more of a coral-colored resin with the 3 separate bands like the MoMa or the Lucens), and a grey resin roller.  I will update the picture at the earliest opportunity...

I must agree, the two are just amazing but the T is a completely new level.

Just to think that generation to come it will be in almost pristine conditions after hundreds of year...fascinating! 

Current modern daily users: Aurora 88L; Montegrappa Miya, Omas AM87, S.T.Dupont D-Line, Stipula Etruria Tuscany Dreams, Tibaldi Modello 60.

Current vintage daily users: Aurora 98p, Big Red Lucky Curve, MB622, P51, P75, Pelikan NN400.

#12 Epigastrium

Epigastrium

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 July 2016 - 13:24

Beautiful collection! I like especially the translucent turquoise & the Burkina celluloid 

#13 Alberto

Alberto

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 09:47

Almost exactly one year has passed since I first posted this thread, and my 360 collection has since greatly expanded.

But this update is just to celebrate the fact that recently I was *FINALLY* able to add to it one of my "grail" 360s...

360-Arco.jpg

As you can imagine, I am now very, very happy!  :D :D :D

Edited by Alberto, 09 May 2017 - 09:50.

#14 Old_Inkyhand

Old_Inkyhand

Horse sense: stable inking.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 May 2017 - 14:09

Almost exactly one year has passed since I first posted this thread, and my 360 collection has since greatly expanded.

I'd love to see a few pictures of the expanded collection! If you have some free time, of course :) 

#15 zaddick

zaddick

BROADside Ambassador

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,189 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 May 2017 - 15:16

Congratulations. It is a lovely pen.

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

#16 Alberto

Alberto

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 10:56

I'd love to see a few pictures of the expanded collection! If you have some free time, of course :)

Right now the collection is a bit geographically dispersed, but I will do so during the summer, once I have brought them all together...

#17 Old_Inkyhand

Old_Inkyhand

Horse sense: stable inking.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 May 2017 - 15:36

Great. I am very happy that you have achieved your goal. :) 

#18 mongrelnomad

mongrelnomad

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,436 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 11:16

But this update is just to celebrate the fact that recently I was *FINALLY* able to add to it one of my "grail" 360s...

360-Arco.jpg

As you can imagine, I am now very, very happy!  :D :D :D

I am so angry at myself that I didn't pick up one of these when they were launched. Congratulations and enjoy your incredible collection.
Too many pens; too little writing.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: omas, 360, omas 360

Sponsored Content

|