Waterman Hemisphere - New Collection Privée

Old_Inkyhand

Hello everyone,

This Polish pen shop started selling a new limited edition of Waterman Hémisphère. They are quite pricey - they cost circa 116 dollars.

Actually I believe that nothing has changed except for the finish and the trim (it is palladium), but I would like to know more about it. I haven't seen them on the FPN or on Waterman's website yet.

What do you think about them? Do you like the design? Would you pay 116$ for such a pen? :)

I was hoping that Waterman will show something new, and voilà, here they are. I was hoping for a new model, but different finishes are always welcome.

Have a nice day!

EDIT: added French accents.

http://www.twojepioro.pl/public/assets/970X250.jpg

Edited by Old_Inkyhand

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Old_Inkyhand

• RMN

• The Blue Knight

• pkotrcka

This collection retails at 105 EUR at my local shop. That's including VAT.

So $$ 116 does not seem too bad, including VAT

If you would pay for it is your choice.

The pen is too slim for me, but I like the finish.

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

I'm not looking for another Hémisphère, I already have two. I agree with your point of view - they are also a bit too slim for me.

I wans't aware that it is widely available, and I didn't spot any information about it on the FPN, so I decided to share - just in case someone was interested. There are some Hemi fans out there :)

We may be about to see this range in the UK. My local stationer has all the current design Hemi stock at 1/2 price.

I quite fancy a Hemisphere. Are the fine nibs quite wide like a Carene, or more of a true fine like the Perspective?

John

I quite fancy a Hemisphere. Are the fine nibs quite wide like a Carene, or more of a true fine like the Perspective?

John

I have all the three models. I think that the Hemisphere's fine is very similar (in terms of thickness) to the Carene's fine. Perspective lays a noticeably thinner line. I actually enjoy the wetness and thickness of the wider line, so I have nothing to complain about. I can only say that Hemisphere is a big fan of good ink.

I think that Hemisphere is a very nice pen for someone who wants to spend 65$. Personally, I wouldn't pay much more for the same pen with a different finish, but if you can afford it, why not? There is something for everyone.

It's been a very long time since Waterman have brought out a model. Just waiting for a model that really inspires me to buy first. NR on a whole seem to be sticking to product extension strategies rather then bring out anything new. Seen the same with Parker adjusting the design in favor of a new model and hiking the price by £50 at same time.

It's been a very long time since Waterman have brought out a model. Just waiting for a model that really inspires me to buy first. NR on a whole seem to be sticking to product extension strategies rather then bring out anything new. Seen the same with Parker adjusting the design in favor of a new model and hiking the price by £50 at same time.

I've heard the rumours about the alleged discontinuation of Edson and I've been hoping for a new upper-range Waterman (I don't like Edson's design, I really tried to like it). It's a bit weird, because they raise the prise so much on a fairly basic, inexpensive model (not bad, but basic).

I have my mind set on Expert Precious.

I do not know.. I still like my black matt finish more than this new ones :-) and agree, 70-80 USD is more than enough for this pen, for 100+ I can have a beautiful lovely Taranis :-D

... I believe in purple ink

I do not know.. I still like my black matt finish more than this new ones :-) and agree, 70-80 USD is more than enough for this pen, for 100+ I can have a beautiful lovely Taranis :-D

Beware, because Taranis isn't included in the official Sheaffer catalogue for 2016. If anyone wants to buy Taranis or Sheaffer 100/300 in some fancy finishes, (s)he should consider buying them in the near future.

My local shop has told me that he hasn't got any announcements for an Edson replacement and was not really expecting much from Sanford-wide.

D.ick

~

~

Beware, because Taranis isn't included in the official Sheaffer catalogue for 2016. If anyone wants to buy Taranis or Sheaffer 100/300 in some fancy finishes, (s)he should consider buying them in the near future.

My impression is that the Taranis was not very popular....

D.ick

~

~

My impression is that the Taranis was not very popular....

D.ick

We share the impression. However, it is not always easy to find a specific finish in a good price - and not in a distant area. The pens were so unsuccessful in some places that many retailers stopped stocking them. This is a polarising pen and I believe that a potential buyer should at least see it in person before the purchase. And there won't be more of them.

We share the impression. However, it is not always easy to find a specific finish in a good price - and not in a distant area. The pens were so unsuccessful in some places that many retailers stopped stocking them. This is a polarising pen and I believe that a potential buyer should at least see it in person before the purchase. And there won't be more of them.

I have one, and I like it, although I haven't used it in a long time. I have so little to write these days...

D.ick

~

~

I have one, and I like it, although I haven't used it in a long time. I have so little to write these days...

D.ick

I am thinking about buying one. I like unusual design and I need a proper fine nib. Dense handwriting doesn't look very tidy with my beloved wide, juicy nibs. This is a problem - I have too little to write. Wait. I have actually a lot to write, and that's why I type everything instead. Efficiency beats the pleasure.

Regarding the Taranis I think the nib/section is too busy and doesn't work with the rest of the design. The shape of the barrel and cap I really like however the section/nib no. I think it would have looked really nice with an inlaid nib.

Edited by The Blue Knight

Regarding the Taranis I think the nib/section is too busy and doesn't work with the rest of the design. The shape of the barrel and cap I really like however the section/nib no. I think it would have looked really nice with an inlaid nib.

I agree. Look, I've got a pen for you! Welcome the Valoranis.

untitled2.png?w=1160

Poor Hemispheres, we're talking about Sheaffer in their thread.

Edited by Old_Inkyhand

I agree. Look, I've got a pen for you! Welcome the Valoranis.

untitled1.png?w=1160

Poor Hemispheres, we're talking about Sheaffer in their thread.

Good effort! Definitely looks better then how a normal one looks.

I should have flipped the section vertically. I'll do it. It is such a shame that Sheaffer discontinued most of their pens with inlaid nibs. Well, there is Legacy, but for me it is too expensive and perhaps a tad too thick.