The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Help! Nemosine Barrel Screwed On Too Tight

help nemosine barrel

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 lourdesgirl101

lourdesgirl101

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 May 2016 - 04:01

I need help. The barrel of my Nemosine Singularity is screwed on so tight I can't get it to budge. I've tried putting it under cold water, cold water and soap, paper towels, Clorox wipes, and even a little rubber shaped hand that we use to open jars. Nothing is helping this time so it is sitting in my drawer. I would like to change the cartridge eventually. At least cartridge is still full despite not in use for 1-3 months!

Sponsored Content

#2 Nellybeans

Nellybeans

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 May 2016 - 15:12

You have probably tried this already, but I would soak it for several hours in cold water.

I don't have a bad handwriting. I have my own font...

http://www.pbase.com/nella

#3 Arkanabar

Arkanabar

Ain't I a stinker?

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,645 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 May 2016 - 22:02

Try this: 

First, put the pen in your fridge until it is thoroughly chilled.

Then hold the barrel in hot running water, and use your jar grip -- two if you can, to unscrew it.

Chilling the pen should cause slight contraction.  Heating the barrel should cause it to expand.  Once it's bigger, the barrel should unscrew more easily.

The reason I only recommend fridge-cold and tap-water hot is because I don't know exactly what material is used in the pen, or how well it deals with thermal shock. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: help, nemosine, barrel

Sponsored Content

|