The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Pentax Takumar Lens, Twsbi Vac 700 In Amber

twsbi vac 700 pentax takumar bull durham

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 Seele

Seele

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,125 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 July 2016 - 12:00

kulindi,

I hope your quest for a digital camera taking your Pentax screw-mount lenses is making progress.

While I still prefer to use film my work pretty much necessitates digital nowadays, and I use the Olympus OM-D E-M1, not only for its ruggedness, but the digital file generated by the Olympus image processor is particularly suited for halftone printing.

I also have purchased adapters for using my existing lenses on this, and in some cases the results are rather good. However, my issue is that the much smaller image format - in this case, 110-equivalence compared to 24mm X 36mm) means severe cropping of my images: in other words, my angle of view becomes much narrower.

A lot can be said about the mirrorless Sony Alpha 7-series, which has the advantage of a thin camera body for easy accommodation of non-original lenses, and also a 24mm X 36mm sensor so the 35mm SLR lenses would work at their full capacity. They aren't exactly cheap but prices are steadily dropping, and they might be worth a look.

No, I am not going to list my pens here.

Sponsored Content

#22 kulindi

kulindi

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 July 2016 - 00:40

Seele

Thank you for your comments. I have spent much of the last month carrying out my "research" and getting more confused....Too much information is not always helpful. The Sony Alpha 7-series is right up there in the frame, but your right, there NOT cheap....

#23 DanDeM

DanDeM

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts

Posted 02 August 2016 - 00:15

I too have a bunch of Takumar lens, and would love to put them back to work.

At this point 99.99% of what I shoot are pens like this with natural light.

fpn_1364062789___cntntlovrly_2.jpg

Do I need all the bells and whistles of an a6000?

#24 Bobje

Bobje

We're all bozos on this bus.

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 August 2016 - 02:02

You may not need all the bells and whistles, but I'm not sure of a better alternative.

Reviews and articles on Fountain Pen Network

CHINA, JAPAN, AND INDIA

Hua Hong Blue Belter Penbbs 456 | Stationery | ASA Nauka in Dartmoor and Ebonite | ASA Azaadi | ASA Bheeshma | ASA Halwa | Ranga Model 8 and 8b | Ranga Emperor

ITALY AND THE UK

FILCAO Roxi | FILCAO Atlantica | Italix Churchman's Prescriptor

USA, INK, AND EXPERIMENTS

Bexley Prometheus | Route 54 Motor Oil | Black Swan in Icelandic Minty Bathwater | Robert Oster Aqua | Diamine Emerald Green | Mr. Pen Radiant Blue | Three Oysters Giwa | Flex Nib Modifications | Rollstoppers

#25 penrivers

penrivers

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,210 posts

Posted 02 August 2016 - 12:03

You may not need all the bells and whistles, but I'm not sure of a better alternative.

Nikon, they take whatever lens from 50 or 60 years ago in the latest digital D800,...you name it, wonderful,

#26 kulindi

kulindi

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 August 2016 - 01:56

Nikon, they take whatever lens from 50 or 60 years ago in the latest digital D800,...you name it, wonderful,

penrivers,

Co-incidentally I have just been "gifted" a Nikon D3000 (from my daughter) who doesn't use it anymore...Will I be able to get a suitable adapter for this model to use my old Takumar lenses...???

#27 titrisol

titrisol

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 August 2016 - 16:27

Yes, you can find one here:

https://www.bhphotov...mount_lens.html

caveat -- Takumars have a rgistration distance that is too short for Nikon cameras.

Therefore an extra lens is needed to compensate for it.

I haven tried the fotodiox lens, but in the film times I tried one (cant rememeber brand) and I didint like it because it  induced fringing and wasnt as sharp as I liked 

penrivers,

Co-incidentally I have just been "gifted" a Nikon D3000 (from my daughter) who doesn't use it anymore...Will I be able to get a suitable adapter for this model to use my old Takumar lenses...???

#28 penrivers

penrivers

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,210 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 21:08

penrivers,

Sorry for the answer delay I just discovered your question, regarding to it I think so,  yes, technicaly it is posible, they call them converters if I remember well, you can ask to Stuart or Don Dory about it, nice persons in www.keh.com, nice persons btw.

#29 penrivers

penrivers

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,210 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 21:25

Sorry for the answer delay I just discovered your question, regarding to it I think so,  yes, technicaly it is posible, they call them converters if I remember well, you can ask to Stuart or Don Dory about it, nice persons in www.keh.com, nice persons Kulindkulindy

Kulindi, send you this. Grant stuart ( gstuart@keh.com), Don Dory (ddory@keh.com). I am too investigating, the nikon 24mm f2.8, the 1.4 is out of my reach in budget, perhaps I can find it the 1.4 in Tamron, tokina, or sigma,for nikon but the Nikon 2.8 manual focus is fine , I just want it for landscape.i think you are looking for adapters, or adaptalls, or converters for Nikon, I sincerily hope you find a solution.

Edited by penrivers, 12 August 2016 - 21:31.

#30 penrivers

penrivers

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,210 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 23:41

Kulindi, send you this: http://photo.net/pen...rum/00Ip8A.warm regards from México.

#31 penrivers

penrivers

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,210 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 21:09

Sorry.http://photo.net/pen...ra-forum/00Ip8A

#32 penrivers

penrivers

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,210 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 01:48

Found this.   http://www.outdoorph.../classic-glass/

#33 kulindi

kulindi

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 August 2016 - 01:43

Very informative and helpful....Many thanks penrivers

#34 penrivers

penrivers

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,210 posts

Posted 21 August 2016 - 06:54

I hope you find it in www.fotodioxpro.com there are hundreds of adapters  and I saw some pentax lenses to Nikon cameras.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: twsbi, vac 700, pentax, takumar, bull durham

Sponsored Content

|