Item 103386 Availability?

scth

Has anyone here come across the Meisterstueck Notebook Medium (Item 103386) for sale anywhere? The boutiques I've spoken with say it is discontinued not to be made again. The MB website makes it sound like it will be made again directing you to sign up for a notification when it is available again. I'm very keen to add it to the collection and would appreciate a lead on one. There is one I saw on Amazon UK but I am still researching the seller, would prefer buying from an AD.

Pic for reference.

Thanks for any help anyone may be able to provide.

simon

post-72551-0-44435800-1463860194_thumb.jpeg

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• scth

• macball

• Bergerac

• da vinci

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The medium notebooks are still available in my country. Not sure if this particular model is or not, but size wise they've got a few in the boutiques. Not sure how this helps though, sorry :/

The medium notebooks are still available in my country. Not sure if this particular model is or not, but size wise they've got a few in the boutiques. Not sure how this helps though, sorry :/

Perhaps when you are next in a boutique, if not too much of a bother, you could see what they have and reply here? I have trips to Europe and Asia on the books but unfortunately no Dubai in the immediate future. THANKS!

You might have to settle for something very similar.

I dislike the word 'settle', but in life it does become necessary at times. Let's hope this isn't one such time! Thanks.

I bloody hope they are available as I brought one a week ago from a Mb boutque in the UK!

I'm expecting it through the post box in the next week!!

flying-letter-postcard-exc.png

I bloody hope they are available as I brought one a week ago from a Mb boutque in the UK!

I'm expecting it through the post box in the next week!!

Brilliant! Are you on Blighty or are they shipping to you elsewhere?

They same model is still available on eBay new Item #(301962103929). The price is about what you would expect to pay retail in a boutique. Every once in a while this style or the earlier Agenda, and Diarium, becomes available used at a more reasonable price.

The upper panels show the original agenda. Some of these were made with 3 rings (more common) and some have a slot similar to the model you are looking for, to hold a Diaries, or as shown a Leuchtuurm notebook. Early leather products like this one lacked the metal ring around the logo.

The lower panels show a similar style you are looking for to hold the wider MB notebook. The style you are looking for is made of the stiff shiny leather typical of early MB leather products. This one is made of very soft matte leather. It is amazing. There is a brown lining with M logos. I obtained this one new very cheaply from eBay sold by a stationery store that was no longer carrying MB products.

You need to look around if you are not in a hurry because the do come up fairly often for sale at a reasonable price.

The original one is for the A5 standard size notebook 145x210mm. The MB notebook is wider (165mm) and a bit longer (220mm). Both leather covers will take both notebook sizes, however the new one leaves a bit of extra width with the A5 size and the old one is a bit tight for the MB notebook.

Brilliant! Are you on Blighty or are they shipping to you elsewhere?

I have been jinxed, yes I am blaming this thread!!

I ordered from an outlet in 'Blighty' but I'm getting it delivered to the C.I (VAT free)

HOWEVER, I have just received a phone call from the store where I paid for the Med notebook, they have informed me that Mb are out of stock at the moment. But once they are back in-stock, 'they will give me a call'. Whatever happened to my 'it will be with you in 2 weeks' quote is beyond me!

They have no idea when or how long it will be before they are back in sale..... Great.

Edited by Bergerac

Will ask for you not a problem.

In the picture above, actually the one on top I just sold like it NOS that I had but wasn't using. The one in the bottom is the one they have available that I bought recently.

There was also an earlier style than the agenda with the leather tab closure. I think that these were called Conference Folders. The leather is soft and matte unlike the agenda series that was made with a stiffer and shiny leather. There were at least two sizes. The one on the left is the A5 version while the one on the right took a full size A4 notepad. These were the cargo pants of agendas! It was also an unusual style. Magnetic closures held a left and right flap shut with a pen loop in the middle. Opening the left flap revealed a space to hold notes and business cards. Opening the right flap revealed a fold out as shown in the lower photo. Now you were ready for business! There was room for a Leuchtuurm notebook or originally a Diarium calendar. There was another pen loop and the centre area held an A5 (small) notepad. The right leather flap had a slot for loose papers from the notepad. Theoretically another notebook could fit in the slot but there are stitches that only allow loose papers to fit in the slot. The right leather flap could fold over the notepad for either privacy or making the notepad look more like a book. The larger one was similar except that there was no place for a Diarium calendar or notebook. It held an A4 size notepad. These were luxurious. I don't know why MB stopped making these (or having them made for them), or why no other manufacturer made anything similar. Amazing.

MB Boutiques in Australia are getting these in (I inquired ~2 weeks ago)

ETA 4-6 weeks

$570 AUD (~$410 USD)

Edit: told they won't know quantity to it arrives and there is a current backlog

Edited by Nathanb

There was also an earlier style than the agenda with the leather tab closure. I think that these were called Conference Folders. The leather is soft and matte unlike the agenda series that was made with a stiffer and shiny leather. There were at least two sizes. The one on the left is the A5 version while the one on the right took a full size A4 notepad. These were the cargo pants of agendas! It was also an unusual style. Magnetic closures held a left and right flap shut with a pen loop in the middle. Opening the left flap revealed a space to hold notes and business cards. Opening the right flap revealed a fold out as shown in the lower photo. Now you were ready for business! There was room for a Leuchtuurm notebook or originally a Diarium calendar. There was another pen loop and the centre area held an A5 (small) notepad. The right leather flap had a slot for loose papers from the notepad. Theoretically another notebook could fit in the slot but there are stitches that only allow loose papers to fit in the slot. The right leather flap could fold over the notepad for either privacy or making the notepad look more like a book. The larger one was similar except that there was no place for a Diarium calendar or notebook. It held an A4 size notepad. These were luxurious. I don't know why MB stopped making these (or having them made for them), or why no other manufacturer made anything similar. Amazing.

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2016-05-23 at 6.14.18 PM.jpg

Those look nice, there was a seller on ebay with a bunch of them, didn't sell for a while and then they all disappeared in a day or two. The only reason i didn't go for one of those is that i already have 2 organizers A5 and A6 and a notebook holder in cognac for the A5 notebooks and I don't use those enough to warrant another one.

Just took this beauty for a month long trip and still didn't use it that much... Journaling is not my thing. So now it's work notes and being in IT those aren't that much, but better than nothing.

16904106830_8105b80c70_z.jpg

There's this one the OP is looking for on ebay I know he would prefer on getting it from a boutique but there it is.

Thank you all very much for the leads. Fearing that the production has been discontinued I have purchased one via eBay. Boutique sales people haven't been the most knowledgeable on the subject, I've asked four folks about the item and received three different answers :-/

I look forward to receiving it. Best of luck to those still looking for one.

Thanks again.

simon

Those look nice, there was a seller on ebay with a bunch of them, didn't sell for a while and then they all disappeared in a day or two. The only reason i didn't go for one of those is that i already have 2 organizers A5 and A6 and a notebook holder in cognac for the A5 notebooks and I don't use those enough to warrant another one.

Just took this beauty for a month long trip and still didn't use it that much... Journaling is not my thing. So now it's work notes and being in IT those aren't that much, but better than nothing.

16904106830_8105b80c70_z.jpg

There's this one the OP is looking for on ebay I know he would prefer on getting it from a boutique but there it is.

Love the colour and style of your cover :thumbup:

Simon,

I have just taken a quick look on the Mb UK website. I didn't complete the order, but nowhere did it state that it's out of stock. If it's not too late, I would suggest giving the Mb phone number a ring to see what your options are.

Here is a photo of the order.......

post-129757-0-30153000-1464177397_thumb.png

Thank you Bergerac, I hadn't thought of checking there. The one I bought on eBay should arrive tomorrow, I will go from there and act accordingly.

Thanks!

simon

Could an owner of this notebook holder please send me or post here a picture of the backside of the card holder section and the flap that you can store sheets of paper behind. I'd like to see what the liner looks like! Thanks in advance for all this help!

simon

It would be hard to take a picture. Only the inside of the pockets for papers (left) and notebook (right) are lined by Jaquard lining with the Montblanc logos. The lining is typical of other MB leather goods such as wallets. You will not see anything other than leather.

The one with the black leather and brown interior has fabric lining with the M logo visible. There is also a brown piping on the edge. Don't think that this one is lesser than the all black leather one because of the visible fabric lining. I think the attention to detail and quality is outstanding.