3.5"x 5.5" Notebooks With Perforated Pages?

gregamckinney

Does anyone know of 3.5" notebooks with perf'ed pages? In an ideal world, the pages would be grid, but perforated pages (and good paper) are the real need.

Thanks!

greg

Don't feel bad. I'm old; I'm meh about most things.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gregamckinney

• WC Lee

• ThreadorYarn

• SallyLyn

The latest quarterly issue from FieldNotes has perf'ed pages. Blank pages and bright colors so that may not work for you at all. Another option is to get one of those little rollers to cut the pages. Bit of effort for that.

I have found some with a few back pages but not the whole notebook in that size.

Look at ForestChoice brand from pencils.com You might find something you could use. Th description doesn't say but I would email them to confirm.

Let us know if you find something you like.

Edited by SallyLyn

The Fabriano Ecoqua 3.5 x 5.5 staple bounded notebooks has the back half with perf'ed pages but the notebook is dot gridded not graph ruled.

Edited by WC Lee

I believe that some of the Midori Traveler's Notebooks have perforations; my memory seems to say that it's the passport size. I remember seeing a review of the MTN from Goulet Pens and it was mentioned there.

Best,

AD

I have some notebooks this size, with 64 (I think) perforated pages of the heavier weight 68gsm Tomoe paper. From TarokoDesign Shop in Taiwan (on Shopify or from his Etsy shop). He may also sell via Amazon Prime in the US IIRC. Mine are dot grid but I'm sure they do 5mm graph too, in white or cream. If you contact the owner (Steven Chan) via his Etsy shop I'm sure he'll confirm. He's a great guy & his service is exemplary.

He's also starting to get some of his 68gsm Tomoe products into stores (e.g Bureau Direct in London) and I'm pretty sure he might be making the new Tomoe notebooks being sold by Goulet.

Edited by migo984

Verba volant, scripta manent

I forgot about this one, the TWSBI pocket size journal, it has both graph rule and perforated pages. It is also fairly fountain pen friendly.

Edited by WC Lee

The latest quarterly issue from FieldNotes has perf'ed pages. Blank pages and bright colors so that may not work for you at all. Another option is to get one of those little rollers to cut the pages. Bit of effort for that.

I have found some with a few back pages but not the whole notebook in that size.

Look at ForestChoice brand from pencils.com You might find something you could use. Th description doesn't say but I would email them to confirm.

Let us know if you find something you like.

Thanks SallyLyn. FieldNotes paper is not that great, so I'd pass on that. However, can you point me to the devices that perf the pages? I've heard of, but never seen one of those.

Best Regards, greg

The Fabriano Ecoqua 3.5 x 5.5 staple bounded notebooks has the back half with perf'ed pages but the notebook is dot gridded not graph ruled.

Thanks WC Lee. That is what I'm trying now. 1/2 of the pages perf'ed is better than none.

To me dot grid is the same as graph (I know not all see it that way, but it works for me.)

greg

Rather than clog this with a bunch of additional individual thanks and "I'll check it out"'s. I'll say that here. There are several great leads you all suggested. Thanks! I'll check them out.

greg

Sorry, I should have also specified that I need a soft cover since this is going into a leather outer cover.

(So the cool, Rhodia Unlimited is out.)

Thanks, greg

go to one of the big-box craft stores (Joanne's, Michael's, ACMoore, HobbyLobby, etc) or a fabric/quilt store and get a rotary cutter and a skip rotary blade from the sewing or quilting section. Be sure the blade and cutter are the same size -28mm or 45mm or whatever. (no connection to the website or fiskars, just linked for examples)

Also check the cutters in their paper/scrapbook sections, they may have other cutters to perforate paper. Check for coupons too, I know Joanne's, Michael's, and ACMoore often have 40% off coupons.

Perforate any notebook you want :) I perforate my 3x5-ish notebooks at the spine and also horizontally so I can rip off smaller notes when I need to.

Keep a piece of cardboard or cutting mat underneath - you don't want to cut through the cover.

And yes, those blades are sharp.

I think there is a Black and Red notebook that comes in that size with perforated pages. You might check Office Depot or Amazon.

Visiting the Twisbi Web Site today, I discovered they do have Mollie like Hard Bound, with a pocket, and Elastic closure note books in an A6 size slightly larger than the 3.5' x 5.5" you want. This Small notebook has perforated pages. I can't report on it's FP Friendliness, hopefully some other poster can enlighten us both. 120 Pages, grid, lined, blank choices at $10.95 on site. Usual disclaimer apply, bo affiliation with Twisbi site, just a happy user of their products

go to one of the big-box craft stores (Joanne's, Michael's, ACMoore, HobbyLobby, etc) or a fabric/quilt store and get a rotary cutter and a skip rotary blade from the sewing or quilting section. Be sure the blade and cutter are the same size -28mm or 45mm or whatever. (no connection to the website or fiskars, just linked for examples)

Also check the cutters in their paper/scrapbook sections, they may have other cutters to perforate paper. Check for coupons too, I know Joanne's, Michael's, and ACMoore often have 40% off coupons.

Perforate any notebook you want :) I perforate my 3x5-ish notebooks at the spine and also horizontally so I can rip off smaller notes when I need to.

Keep a piece of cardboard or cutting mat underneath - you don't want to cut through the cover.

And yes, those blades are sharp.

Thanks ThreadorYarn,

I'm trying this too. I picked up an OLFA rotary cutter and a 28mm perforation wheel. I may someday figure out how to get straight lines. :)

Works very well. Thanks for the suggestion.

Best, greg

Thanks ThreadorYarn,

I'm trying this too. I picked up an OLFA rotary cutter and a 28mm perforation wheel. I may someday figure out how to get straight lines. :)

Works very well. Thanks for the suggestion.

Best, greg

Try a metal or plastic ruler. Wooden ones can get nicked by the blade which catches the blade and makes the nick bigger which catches the blade and on and one

OTOH, the lines don't need to be straight either, it'll perforate just as well in a curved line :)