Robert Oster Signature Ink - Moss - A Short Review

Cryptos

Robert Oster Signature Inks are a new line coming out of South Australia and are making enthusiasts sit up and take notice! They are very competitively priced too. :D

So, I acquired a handful of these, thus:

1. Moss
  2. Emerald Green
  3. Deep Sea
  4. Bondi Blue
  5. Fire Engine Red
  6. Yellow Sunset

In the following short reviews the writing samples are created using an Osmiroid B4 italic nib and an Esterbrook 2048 fitted to a standard XT Esterbrook dip-less pen holder.

All writing is by dipping. More time is needed to discover how these inks behave in cartridges, converters or eyedroppers.

Swabs for comparison with other inks will be provided later in the week – I’m all out of Q-tips!

First up, Moss

fpn_1463802293__oster_moss.jpg

The ink laid down with good wetness from both nibs. Colour is nicely saturated and is very reminiscent of moss, as it should be! Drying times were relatively slow on Rhodia paper, though not that different from other saturated inks.

There is plenty of shading and a kind of velvet look to it, but I cannot see much by way of sheen. However, this is a beautiful colour, and one that I am going to really enjoy using in personal correspondence.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cryptos

• Old_Inkyhand

• visvamitra

• migo984

Top Posters In This Topic

Another great colour. I'm enjoying it in my TWSBI Eco 0.7 stub. Thanks for the review.

Verba volant, scripta manent

This is one of the nicest greens I've seen. If I had been shown it blind (so to speak) I may have called it Jade rather than Moss, but either name seems to fit very well.

How exciting. Thanks for showcasing these newbies.

This and that Barossa Grape look lovely.

Thank you for posting this review. It looks like a nice ink.

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice, I want it. I wonder how similar it is to Tokiwa-Matsu. EoC, do you have a possibility to compare them? If so, please do it... a big please with an inky cherry on top!

Would love to oblige but unfortunately I do not have Tokiwa-Matsu right now. Probably the best bet is to ask Migo984 when she gets her bottle of Moss. She is far more likely to have the Sailor ink I think. Sorry.

The one I'd want to see it compared to in a side by side is Diamine Emerald.

This looks like a very nice green. Thanks for the review (and not... :wallbash:).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Would love to oblige but unfortunately I do not have Tokiwa-Matsu right now. Probably the best bet is to ask Migo984 when she gets her bottle of Moss. She is far more likely to have the Sailor ink I think. Sorry.

There's no need to be sorry! :) Thank you very much for this wonderful review.