The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

About Kyo-Iro Inks

kyo-iro japanese inks sakurafountainpengallery

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Sakura FP Gallery

Sakura FP Gallery

Sakura FP Gallery

• Premium - Emerald

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 May 2016 - 16:01

About the Kyo-iro inks. 

They are made by the Dye technic organization which has a 300 year experience making vegetable based inks called "Kusakisome" for textiles like kimono's.

The Kyo Iro inks are not vegetable based inks. But they tried to reproduce the look and feel of the Kusakisome.

So the experience of ink making is definately there ! One of the "Masters" helped to develop the Kyo-Iro inks. As everything in Japan all products are of a high quality ! 

So these inks are not known yet but I'm sure you'll find them very particular. 

Catherine Van Hove

sakurafountainpengallery.com

Sponsored Content

#2 nyx_h

nyx_h

Rhodium Trimmed

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 May 2016 - 17:02

I've been using Kokeiro in my Pelikan. It's a very well-behaved ink, flows nicely, and is wet. The shading is quite beautiful. I bought Aonibi, Yamabukiiro, Moonlight of Higashiyama and Stone Road. Can't wait to try them!

Never pick a fight with people who buy ink by the barrel. 

Mark Twain

----------------

Pen and Inkstagram!

#3 visvamitra

visvamitra

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,463 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 May 2016 - 19:14

Good to know they're available in Europe.

#4 ENewton

ENewton

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,802 posts

Posted 21 May 2016 - 01:36

Soft Snows of Ohara is my favorite ink, a unique color and very well behaved.  I have never done an ink review, but if no one else does it, I will have to try.   

#5 Algester

Algester

(´Д⊂ヽ

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,763 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 May 2016 - 03:14

I see so that clear up the info... just because I thought about the Kyoto Plant dye research institute made me think it was plant dye based :X

#6 dapprman

dapprman

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 May 2016 - 07:36

Soft Snows of Ohara is my favorite ink, a unique color and very well behaved.  I have never done an ink review, but if no one else does it, I will have to try.   

Got a bottle of it, as well as one of |Stone Road of Gion when I got my Nakaya.  Been using Soft SNow of O'Hara since then - at first I thought it was a slightly grey blue-black, but it's not, it's actually a grey-purple.  Very subtle and I rather like it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: kyo-iro, japanese inks, sakurafountainpengallery

Sponsored Content

|