The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

#5 Replacement Nibs

replacement nib jowo schmidt nemosine knox edison bock jinhao #5 no 5

8 replies to this topic

#1 phillieskjk

phillieskjk

Drowning in Impulse Buys

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 May 2016 - 12:43

I was looking to buy eleven number five loose nibs. Does anybody have a list of all the people who sell such nibs? Also, is there any way to get #5 JOWO nibs without the feed?

Thanks,
Phillieskjk

Check out more of my reviews at my website

Sponsored Content

#2 Frank66

Frank66

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 May 2016 - 12:52

1. I have bought #5 Jowo nibs from FPnibs, Spain, they can actually customize their nibs and engrave them.  The nibs come with the nib unit and it is very easy to separate them apart with a fat rubber band. 

2. Similarly Beaufort ink, UK sells #5 Bock nib units from EF to 1.5 italics, made from stainless steel to gold to titanium.

3. For simple inexpensive #5 M nibs without the feed, I buy them $1/ea from laoman ebay store.

Edited by Frank66, 15 May 2016 - 15:21.

- Kaigelu 316 Modification (250 #6 Bock Nib / Beaufort Ink Converter)
- Titanium Bock Nib - Kaigelu 316 - Beaufort Ink

- Bock Rollerball Nib In Jinhao 886 Pen - Beaufort Ink Converter

- No affiliation with pen industry, just a pen hobbyist.

#3 Cyriljay

Cyriljay

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 June 2017 - 23:10

Where can we buy the No 6 Nibs JoWO/ Bock ?

Just now I have ordered some Nibs from Schmidt. Anyone knows if this is a good brand? They look very neat and clean. so I have ordered a couple of them.

http://www.schmidtpe...(NIBSNUP)-c.htm

The nibs are sold in units . Hope I can remove them to use on some pens I am planning to upgrade.

#4 Drone

Drone

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 June 2017 - 12:23

I was looking to buy eleven number five loose nibs. Does anybody have a list of all the people who sell such nibs? Also, is there any way to get #5 JOWO nibs without the feed?

Thanks,
Phillieskjk

Fountain Pen Revolution (FPR) has #5, #5.5, and #6 steel nibs with various tip sizes and finishes. Some are even "Flex" nibs. There are various sized Ebonite (hard rubber) feeds to go with them as well. Link is below. Email Kevin with questions.

https://fprevolution...ctions/fpr-nibs

Good Luck, David

#5 Drone

Drone

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,431 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 June 2017 - 12:35

Where can we buy the No 6 Nibs JoWO/ Bock ?

Just now I have ordered some Nibs from Schmidt. Anyone knows if this is a good brand? They look very neat and clean. so I have ordered a couple of them.

http://www.schmidtpe...(NIBSNUP)-c.htm

The nibs are sold in units . Hope I can remove them to use on some pens I am planning to upgrade.

Goulet Pens sells loose Bock #6 Stainless-Steel nibs with different tip-sizes and finishes. They go for $15 each or $80 for a set of six ($13.33 ea.) regardless of tip size or finish. See the link below:

https://www.gouletpe...ment-nibs/c/121

Good Luck, David

#6 Wayfarer

Wayfarer

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 June 2017 - 18:05

1. I have bought #5 Jowo nibs from FPnibs, Spain, they can actually customize their nibs and engrave them.  The nibs come with the nib unit and it is very easy to separate them apart with a fat rubber band. 

2. Similarly Beaufort ink, UK sells #5 Bock nib units from EF to 1.5 italics, made from stainless steel to gold to titanium.

3. For simple inexpensive #5 M nibs without the feed, I buy them $1/ea from laoman ebay store.

This is great information, I was about to buy from FPnibs, and still may, but it's nice to know there are other options out there as well. Thank you!

#7 Dragonmaster Lou

Dragonmaster Lou

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 467 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 June 2017 - 20:59

Goulet Pens sells loose Bock #6 Stainless-Steel nibs with different tip-sizes and finishes. They go for $15 each or $80 for a set of six ($13.33 ea.) regardless of tip size or finish. See the link below:

https://www.gouletpe...ment-nibs/c/121

Good Luck, David

Actually, aren't Goulet's nibs JoWos?

#8 phillieskjk

phillieskjk

Drowning in Impulse Buys

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 June 2017 - 00:14

Yes, they are.

Check out more of my reviews at my website

#9 Drone

Drone

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,431 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 June 2017 - 07:10

Yes, I made a mistake. They are Jowo, not Bock. Thanks for the correction.

David

Edited by Drone, 09 June 2017 - 07:10.

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: replacement nib, jowo, schmidt, nemosine, knox, edison, bock, jinhao, #5, no 5

Sponsored Content

|