The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Glare T7 (Fine Nib) Fountain Pen Review + Writing Sample

fountain pens fountain pen reviews review pen review glare pilot ink pens pens pen

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 t2mr

t2mr

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 May 2016 - 08:57

First of all, i would like to thank SnehSab for posting all my other "pen reviews" on my behalf. I have been very occupied with my work, and i am glad he did that for me. I really appreciate it :) 

And now, i would like to share with you the new review that i have just posted. Its of an amazing "Indian fountain pen" named the Glare T7. Here's the video review: 

Now, this pen is indeed the costliest Lamy Safari's lookalikes, but still for that price, it amazing value for money.

Everything about this pen is amazing - its extremely solid build, premium transparent resin body, great looks, the way it sits in the hands and finally - the way it writes. Its an extremely good "Fine Nib" that lays down a SUPER SMOOTH, WET and DARK line.

So, i think for $15, it's a great pen and I highly recommend it. 

P.S. The link of the pen is in the description box. Also, please do like the video if you find it useful :)

Sponsored Content

#2 snehsab

snehsab

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 May 2016 - 09:44

And what will I post here now? :P and the pleasure is all mine my friend.

And what a lovely review you have shot. I have been using this pen for a week now and I completely agree with the performance part. Given that it's a fine nib it's still so juicy. And so smooth.

Out of all the pens that I have purchased, this one has surprised me the most. And keep posting more reviews my friends. Your reviews are always welcome :)

#3 Leeuwenhoek

Leeuwenhoek

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 May 2016 - 10:46

Welcome to fountain pen network. There seems to be a really active Indian fountain pen community at the moment. Very nice review, thanks for sharing. I have a glare ebonite eyedropper pen on the way to me, and if it has the same nib as your pen I will be very pleased.

#4 t2mr

t2mr

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 May 2016 - 17:17

I am glad that you liked it, SnehSab :) And you can now post good comments :P

And thank you so much for a warm reception @Leeuwenhoek. And it's good to know that you've liked the review :) 

And is it the mini ebonite eyedropper that you are talking about? I have heard great things about it. And the nib doesn't look like the one that you get with the Glare T7, but i am sure it would be great. I would be waiting for your review, though :) 

#5 jay.is.here

jay.is.here

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 358 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 May 2016 - 18:25

Nice review.. where can we buy this pen

"Friendship is the purest love. It is the highest form of Love where nothing is asked for, no condition, where one simply enjoys giving.” 
Osho

#6 Leeuwenhoek

Leeuwenhoek

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 May 2016 - 18:44

And thank you so much for a warm reception @Leeuwenhoek. And it's good to know that you've liked the review :)

And is it the mini ebonite eyedropper that you are talking about? I have heard great things about it. And the nib doesn't look like the one that you get with the Glare T7, but i am sure it would be great. I would be waiting for your review, though :) 

Yes it's mini capsule eyedropper. I'm still hoping it's the same nib as yours as the pictures from the seller are quite blurry- I can only tell it's a white colored nib! I've got used to using jumbo pens so I don't know how I'll find the size but I really liked the khaki coloured ebonite. When I've used for a while I'll post a review as I've not seen it mentioned on the forum before. Look forward to more reviews of yours.

#7 t2mr

t2mr

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 May 2016 - 11:40

@Leeuwenhoek It looks different (has a clean look) from the one we get with the T7, but would be a great one for sure. After all, its a very expensive pen (I am surprised I haven't received its review unit :P). Also, as all the Glare Nibs are made in Germany, the quality should be pretty good.

And holding this pen should feel like holding a relatively heavy and a way more premium version of the (Pilot) Petit. 

I can't wait to know what you think of it and, yes, I'll definitely be posting some more reviews soon. 

@jay.is.here Thank you for liking the video. And you can purchase this pen from Store108.in

Edited by t2mr, 15 May 2016 - 11:59.

#8 snehsab

snehsab

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 May 2016 - 14:38

Glare Ebonite Eyedropper is a very costly pen... the only reason, i didn't order it. But i would love to know how it performs and is it worth the money?

And Rish.. its so good to see so many people loving your review. I am proud of you my friend :)

#9 DallasCJ

DallasCJ

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 May 2016 - 16:22

What a thorough and well-done review. Thanks for bringing this pen to my attention, and I must compliment you on your excellent handwriting. I really like the style and flourish of it.

#10 t2mr

t2mr

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 May 2016 - 11:45

@snehsab - Thanks man :)

@DallasCJ - I am glad you liked the review :) And yes, its a fantastic pen. This pen has impressed me in every department, especially the way it writes. It has the most amazing ink flow... 

And you are being too kind about my handwriting :) When i was a kid, I used to have a beautiful handwriting. But, I wanted every single alphabet to come out perfectly. So, instead of enjoying the process, i used to take unnecessary pressure. But now, I write to enjoy... And its encouraging to see you finding it good enough. Thank you :)

Edited by t2mr, 17 May 2016 - 11:48.

#11 eskay

eskay

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 May 2016 - 09:41

...So, i think for $15, it's a great pen and I highly recommend it....

Available for the equivalent of USD 8.5 or thereabouts on eBay. Just picked up one.

#12 t2mr

t2mr

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 May 2016 - 17:36

Yea, i did check that. He has reduced the price.. 

Here is the link: http://www.ebay.in/i...1UAAOSw--1WszAa

@eskay - For $8, it is literally a steal.. Plus, you can easily use a coupon to get some more discount. Wonderful.

I must update the link in the description box of my video. 

#13 snehsab

snehsab

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 June 2016 - 11:39

Yes, the price of this pen has reduced to 600 rupees or 10 dollars. I feel cheated :P but the pen is something else man. Its ink flow is out of the world.. Get it for 10 dollars. 

#14 Doctorsagarsv

Doctorsagarsv

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 June 2016 - 17:45

First of all, i would like to thank SnehSab for posting all my other "pen reviews" on my behalf. I have been very occupied with my work, and i am glad he did that for me. I really appreciate it :) 

And now, i would like to share with you the new review that i have just posted. Its of an amazing "Indian fountain pen" named the Glare T7. Here's the video review: 

https://www.youtube....h?v=6gNUXm9wCpg

Now, this pen is indeed the costliest Lamy Safari's lookalikes, but still for that price, it amazing value for money.

Everything about this pen is amazing - its extremely solid build, premium transparent resin body, great looks, the way it sits in the hands and finally - the way it writes. Its an extremely good "Fine Nib" that lays down a SUPER SMOOTH, WET and DARK line.
So, i think for $15, it's a great pen and I highly recommend it. 

P.S. The link of the pen is in the description box. Also, please do like the video if you find it useful :)

A very nice review.
I did end up buying a glare pen.
It's called glare freeway.

It looks way better than t7.
And the nib, I've never seen a nib smoother than this at this price range.
Heck, it writes better than any Lamy.

#15 snehsab

snehsab

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 June 2016 - 10:11

Glare Freeway? It looks very nice, i must say. 

Can you share the picture of its nib with us? I have a feeling it uses the same nib as the regular nib of the Glare T7. 

#16 Doctorsagarsv

Doctorsagarsv

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 June 2016 - 12:13

I've attached the pics.

Attached Images

• IMG_20160604_230622.jpg
  • IMG_20160610_164130-01.jpeg

#17 snehsab

snehsab

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 June 2016 - 04:54

No, that's not the same nib, but looks very attractive nevertheless. Thank you for attaching these pics :) 

I have tried 2 different Glare Pens, and both of them have extremely smooth nibs.  I will be getting this pen next month (as i have already purchased a lot of pens this month :P). And looks like it has a medium tip? 

Edited by snehsab, 11 June 2016 - 04:55.

#18 Doctorsagarsv

Doctorsagarsv

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 June 2016 - 16:10

Yes, it has a medium nib.
It's available in fine and medium.

#19 t2mr

t2mr

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 June 2016 - 10:47

This pen looks great, Doc. How good is it holding up?

#20 mehandiratta

mehandiratta

Museum Piece

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,695 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 June 2016 - 10:57

Where are these pens made .... and are there any nib choices...???

vaibhav mehandiratta                               

architect & fountain pen connoisseur 

blog | instagram | twitter

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fountain pens, fountain pen, reviews, review, pen review, glare, pilot, ink pens, pens, pen

Sponsored Content

|