Pearl & Black Duo Fold Centennial

corgicoupe

I was in a pen & watch store in Ljubljana, Slovenia yesterday and saw a NIB Parker Duofold pearl and black for about 300. It may have been 350. Is this a reasonable price? If not, what is the max you would pay? I will be there again in 3 weeks, and if it's a good deal and still there, I would like to get it.

Baptiste knew how to make a short job long

For love of it. And yet not waste time either.

Robert Frost

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• corgicoupe

• FrankB

• richardandtracy

• mitto

An International Duofold black and pearl for 300 $ or even 300 € ... !!!

Go for it TODAY !

Buy it immediately !

I bought mine (simple black) years ago for 320 € (and it was discounted ...)

;)

Greetings from Italy to you all !!

;)

If you mean #300 USD, that is a very good price for a Duofold Centennial. I have several Centennials that I bought during the 1990's and I paid more than that for each one, even back then. The black-and-pearl is one color I did not get. I wish now I had.

Do you recall what size nib point the pen has? In my experience, the Centennial nibs are rigid, but they are excellent writers. I am very fond of the Duofold italic points, and I have them on nearly all my Duofolds. The rigid nib plus the italic points are wonderful combinations and do miracles for my handwriting.

Tell us what you decide, will you?

If you mean #300 USD, that is a very good price for a Duofold Centennial. I have several Centennials that I bought during the 1990's and I paid more than that for each one, even back then. The black-and-pearl is one color I did not get. I wish now I had.

Do you recall what size nib point the pen has? In my experience, the Centennial nibs are rigid, but they are excellent writers. I am very fond of the Duofold italic points, and I have them on nearly all my Duofolds. The rigid nib plus the italic points are wonderful combinations and do miracles for my handwriting.

Tell us what you decide, will you?

Unfortunately, I did not look carefully at the nib, but I will when I get back there in 3 weeks. I will report back.

Robert Frost

Regarding nibs...Is it still possible to get nibs exchanged through Parker? If not, where?

Robert Frost

It should be.

Quite what size nibs are now available is open to question. Parker have only been offering Fine & Medium for a while now. I do hope there are stocks left of other sizes.

Regards,

Richard.

The Writing Desk currently offer Dupfolds in EF, F, IF, M, IM and B, so presumably that's what's available. I have just bought a new Lapis Heritage Classic with a M nib, which I intend to get changed via Parker, so I will see what they offer.

John

Regarding nibs...Is it still possible to get nibs exchanged through Parker? If not, where?

I sent an inquiry to Parker about a month ago and was told they still have their nib exchange program. As long as the nib is new, they will exchange the nib for free, just the cost of postage.

Hope this info helps.

• 2 weeks later...

It was gone when I returned to the store today. it was replaced with a gray and black, but the price had increased by 100€ so I passed...

Robert Frost

:crybaby: I am really sorry to hear that. And I understand your passing on the gray and black. Keep looking, and better luck next time. It happens to us all.

• 4 weeks later...

I regret having passed one up at the Atlanta pen show. Like they used to say in Brooklyn, "Wait till next year".

Robert Frost