The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Ink View: Upcoming Ink - Street Car Green By Papier Plume Nola

papier plume street car green scg nola ink review

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#41 Jackokun

Jackokun

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 May 2017 - 15:22

If you are happy; WE are happy!  

There is nothing nicer than changing your mind about an ink you already own & deciding it is pleasing after repeated use.  I don't give many of mine the second, or in your case the third chance.

Second that! I have a few cases of inks that I have gone back and wondered , why was it that i didn't like it in the first place?

"When I have a little money, I buy books pens; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."

--- Erasmus --- sort of smile.png

Sponsored Content

#42 ManofKent

ManofKent

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 May 2017 - 18:56

Thanks for the review - I've just ordered a bottle (along with Oyster Grey and Moss Green).

#43 Jackokun

Jackokun

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 May 2017 - 20:50

Thanks for the review - I've just ordered a bottle (along with Oyster Grey and Moss Green).

two other great inks!

"When I have a little money, I buy books pens; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."

#44 FLZapped

FLZapped

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 May 2017 - 11:10

Well, I would say they got the color right. However, with the finer point pens, it is hard to tell that it's green, at least in the scans. It looks way more of that grayish color.

#45 Charles Skinner

Charles Skinner

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,438 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 June 2017 - 19:03

I now, have come to like Streetcar Green ink.  Took a long time and using it in different pens, but now I am a "lover" of the ink. C. S.

#46 Charles Skinner

Charles Skinner

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,438 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 June 2017 - 19:05

I like their Oyster Grey too! C.S. 

#47 PS104

PS104

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 903 posts

Posted 10 June 2017 - 04:26

This is a gem of a store in the French Quarter

Great inks, pens (I bought a glass pen which I love) and great personnel. Helpful beyond reproach. They wrapped up my pen and inks so there would be no problem in carrying them home. Everything arrived safe and sound. If I ever get back there aside from everything else in the French Quarter Papier Plume is a must visit store.

​I recently purchased a couple of bottles of Street Car Green. Very evocative of my NOLA French Quarter experience

Edited by PS104, 10 June 2017 - 04:34.

#48 FinScherlis

FinScherlis

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 15:21

Ah! Thanks for your review! This brings me nearer to a substitute of Montblanc's Palm Green/Daniel Defoe!

#49 Jackokun

Jackokun

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 July 2017 - 17:15

Ah! Thanks for your review! This brings me nearer to a substitute of Montblanc's Palm Green/Daniel Defoe!

I need to look this further I seem to remember DD having a little more yellow on it, but I'll check!

This is a gem of a store in the French Quarter

Great inks, pens (I bought a glass pen which I love) and great personnel. Helpful beyond reproach. They wrapped up my pen and inks so there would be no problem in carrying them home. Everything arrived safe and sound. If I ever get back there aside from everything else in the French Quarter Papier Plume is a must visit store.

​I recently purchased a couple of bottles of Street Car Green. Very evocative of my NOLA French Quarter experience

I got the same feeling  :D

I like their Oyster Grey too! C.S. 

Me too! one of my top grey inks, and has a slight slight hint of blue

I now, have come to like Streetcar Green ink.  Took a long time and using it in different pens, but now I am a "lover" of the ink. C. S.

amazing !

Well, I would say they got the color right. However, with the finer point pens, it is hard to tell that it's green, at least in the scans. It looks way more of that grayish color.

yes , you are correct, will be a dark greyish with a hint of green 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: papier plume, street car green, scg, nola, ink review

Sponsored Content

|