• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cyber6

• gylyf

• saskia_madding

• haruka337

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I really don't, actually! I'm horribly behind on all these Sailor exclusives. Since they've become so impossible to get now, I kind of mostly gave up. But I do have a Myougi Umber, in the short fat bottle. You're right - I've never seen it sheen. Still, it's a great colour. I don't tend to like the murky colours, and definitely not brown colours, but Umber has me smitten. :)

and sold by Atsu on Ebay , ( 21tgif, ) March 3 ($72.00) & March 24 ($52.00) so perhaps that will also be another source

AND,

ANOTHER bottle has just been listed on Ebay today! The auction ends next Thursday (May 19.)

AND,

ANOTHER bottle has just been listed on Ebay today! The auction ends next Thursday (May 19.)

AND.....

Today when I glanced @ this ink I was surprised to find it already reached bidding of $177.50, with 5 days before auction closes...........

And it can be blamed on this review, and that comment which said I like it better than cigar. :)

The ink auctions are rather erratic. I think this bottle sold for $50 last time--someone just REALLY wanted it this go-around.

It's a beautiful ink, it really is, but no single ink is worth $177.

Ink, a drug.

― Vladimir Nabokov, Bend Sinister

Instagram:
a.transient.life

The ink auctions are rather erratic. I think this bottle sold for $50 last time--someone just REALLY wanted it this go-around.

It's a beautiful ink, it really is, but no single ink is worth $177.

NO single ink is worth more than $35... Which is what I paid for Parker Penman Sapphire a couple of years ago.

C.

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

NO single ink is worth more than $35... Which is what I paid for Parker Penman Sapphire a couple of years ago.

C.

Paid less for mine a few days ago. :)

My tolerance for ink prices is flexible, depending on the ink, but the erratic pricing of shop exclusive inks is quite maddening the past few minths. More troubling is that people new to thisl hobby may not have a chance to try the inks because of because of price fluctuations. Sure, there are other inks, but no one enjoys having their choices thinned out.

Thank goodness for White Rabbit Forwarding and good friends. :D

Ink, a drug.

Instagram:
a.transient.life

Paid less for mine a few days ago. :)

Paid $5 for PPS last year at the Toronto Pen Show... NOS bottle. Vendor had some empties of Mocha and Ruby that he gave me for free.. :D :D

I am realistic thou... Finding PPS at $5, is just not very probable. Ah, and that is Canadian, not USD. :lol:

My tolerance for ink prices is limited. I am a sole parent, 3 kids (2 of them going to University next year). So either I am smart/patient in finding good prices, or I just won't pay for it.

C.

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

:yikes:

I like my Brown Algae, a lot. I like my Cigar a lot too.

I agree guys. No ink, to me is worth that. After seeing that ebay listing I may well pop my nearly full bottles of both on there and see how many KWZI Hunter Greens I can buy with the proceeds instead.

Unreal. :(

That is one AMAZING ink. Can I get it personally in Japan? Is Ishida Bungu a physical store?

It is a physical store, yes. Here's the link to the website. http://www.ishidabungu.co.jp/index.php?id=45

I tend to think more than $50 USD is too much for me, especially given the painful exchange rate lately to CAD! Having said that, I just got two of these from White Rabbit Express. Sadly, they were out of Twilight at the time. :( But the point is, if you want this bottle, you CAN get it, either from the store or with a forwarding service.

It's not it's cheap to get it here, unless you are doing bulk buy.

I paid ¥2,700 shipping. Hakodate to Tokyo.

Edited by Mew

Paid $5 for PPS last year at the Toronto Pen Show... NOS bottle. Vendor had some empties of Mocha and Ruby that he gave me for free.. :D :D

I am realistic thou... Finding PPS at $5, is just not very probable. Ah, and that is Canadian, not USD. :lol:

My tolerance for ink prices is limited. I am a sole parent, 3 kids (2 of them going to University next year). So either I am smart/patient in finding good prices, or I just won't pay for it.

C.

I hear ya.

While I'm not a single parent, we're paying up the wazoo in court fees for the boys (custody).

This is why I find the pricing of some inks so frustrating. One can get a hold of some of these inks for between $15-$24 per bottle, but navigating Japanese websites with out being fluent and/or setting up a forwarding service (requires personal info some do not want to disclose, understandably) can be overwhelming. Staying on top of sale dates of these ink is no easy task either. It's like trying to predict the weather, however, it's not entirely impossible.

Luckily, there are many fine alternatives out there, but nothing that quite measures up to Sailor for me.

Ink, a drug.

Instagram:
a.transient.life