The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Anyone Used Stipula Israel 65?

stipula nibs israel 65 limited edition

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Shavely Manden

Shavely Manden

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 May 2016 - 17:58

Has anyone used / does anyone have impressions of the Stipula Israel 65th anniversary LE? I can only find a single passing reference to it on FPN. Also, if anyone's used it, does it have an interchangeable nib?

Sponsored Content

#2 gregamckinney

gregamckinney

he's just this guy, you know?

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,201 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 19:38

i haven't used this model.  However, other than the colors and specific engraving, it appears to be an Etruria with a titanium nib.  You should be able to find plenty of reviews here of other Stipula pens with Ti nibs.

Stipula Etrurias are generally well regarded pens.  I personally prefer their gold nibs to the Ti nibs, but others' opinions differ.  Check the review index.  I think you will find a goodly amount of info.

Best Regards, greg

Don't feel bad. I'm old; I'm meh about most things.

#3 ggrosjean

ggrosjean

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 May 2016 - 15:28

I have one with a 14K medium nib which I have used a couple times, I find it to be dryer than I would like and a bit hard starting.  My real complaint with this pen is the poor thread fit of the cap, Stipula could have done a better job there.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: stipula, nibs, israel 65, limited edition

Sponsored Content

|