The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

What Would You Buy In Tokyo And Osaka

pens stationary paper calligrapy inks

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 Tinjapan

Tinjapan

Antique

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,164 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 May 2016 - 05:24

Stan,

Today's vintage pens are tomorrow's antique pens.

Today's modern pens are tomorrow's vintage pens.

However, I too do not usually go pen and i k hunting while traveling in Japan. True I do live here, but I have been to Kobe and Osaka only once apiece and did not look for pens.

Kyoto, several times but never did I look for pens and ink. Might, if I ge to go again, as I have been to many other places in Kyoto already.

And, as Stan says, I know an avid FP collector, who after a few years of the craziness we all know all too well, has lost interest and is selling off most of her collection.

Personally, I would not spend all that much time tracking down pens if I finally made a trip here. But then again, I wouldn't bother going to Akihabara either.

Edited by Tinjapan, 22 May 2016 - 05:28.

Sponsored Content

#22 lawrenceg

lawrenceg

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 04:42

Got back from Osaka at about 7.30 last night. Tried to go to bed and awake at 4.00 this morning so playing with my new toys. trying to sort them out and "hide" them before my wife sees them all together.

The pilot 845 is the vermillion one with WA nib. I bought it from Tokyo pen shop quill who shipped it to my hotel in Tokyo. it was waiting for me when I arrived, fabulous service.

Loads of shops to look at. If you are looking for basic pens then itoya (on Ginza) was great because everything is in one place (cheaper pens and an astoundingly expensive pen room, fantasy land).

I also do watercoloring so the best shop appeared to be Sekaido in Tokyo. Most of the other shops do not carry the full ranges.

Attached Images

• image.jpeg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pens, stationary, paper, calligrapy, inks

Sponsored Content

|