The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

What Do You Carry/haul Your Pens In?

pen case pen carrier pen transport pen keepers pen travels

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 thudthwacker

thudthwacker

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 May 2016 - 16:12

A little inelegant compared to some of the very nice solutions on display here, but I confess that I absolutely love my Nomadic PE-18 pen case for daily carry.  Four "fancy" pens clipped in the main padded zip compartment (where, in this case, "fancy" tops out at "Lamy Al-Star"), a few cartridges and spare converters in a small zip compartment (which has also, at times, held one of the 30ml Diamine bottles, if snugly), and in the large compartment I have a collection of Sharpies, ballpoints, postage, a Varsity and Jinhao 599a or two, a mechanical pencil, and a bulb syringe (no lie -- you never know when you might need to flush a pen).  I've been tossing the case into my messenger bag for nigh on to a year now, and it has yet to show any wear.  I won't commit to it being the best $15 I ever spent, but it's up there.

Sponsored Content

#22 fountainpenlady

fountainpenlady

Beware of lady wearing a hat, carrying fountain pens

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,601 posts
  • Location:Home of the largest Army Installation in the Free World!
  • Flag:

Posted 14 May 2016 - 16:25

A little inelegant compared to some of the very nice solutions on display here, but I confess that I absolutely love my Nomadic PE-18 pen case for daily carry.  Four "fancy" pens clipped in the main padded zip compartment (where, in this case, "fancy" tops out at "Lamy Al-Star"), a few cartridges and spare converters in a small zip compartment (which has also, at times, held one of the 30ml Diamine bottles, if snugly), and in the large compartment I have a collection of Sharpies, ballpoints, postage, a Varsity and Jinhao 599a or two, a mechanical pencil, and a bulb syringe (no lie -- you never know when you might need to flush a pen).  I've been tossing the case into my messenger bag for nigh on to a year now, and it has yet to show any wear.  I won't commit to it being the best $15 I ever spent, but it's up there.

Sounds like it fits the bill. I wondered whether anyone would mention carrying along some ink.  I carry sample tubes. I also have a kind of cosmetic small bag which has bottled inks. The idea is that I don't really know what ink I might want to refill my pen during the day. Believe the Iroshizuku small bottles would be perfect to carry around ink. 

Ea Alis Volat Propiis, per/Repletus Fontis Calamus!
She Flies by Her Own Wings, with filled Fountain Pen

Delta DolceVita, F-C Intrinsic 02, Pelikan M800 red/black striation, Bexley ATB Strawberry Swirl, Red Jinhao 159, Platinum 3776 Bourgogne.  :wub:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pen case, pen carrier, pen transport, pen keepers, pen travels

Sponsored Content

|