Nice Bexley On Ebay

Brian C

Usually I don't post these things as I don't want to steal any good deals from any FPN family, but I just got one with no other bidders and this one doesn't have any bidders. So here it is:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bexley-Fountain-Pen-2012-OC-STYLE-Blue-Velvet-/111990217760?hash=item1a13231c20:g:vDwAAOSwFqJWjo-V

Has a section the same color as the rest of the pen. It seems that most Bexleys have black sections. I believe that this is Howard himself selling these.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brian C

• gregamckinney

• bbs

• DustyR

Yup..it's from Howard Levy himself.

I bought myself a couple of piston-filler Poseidon IIs, and an Imperial from him late last year.

Best possible deal I'd say - he sells them for about half the price of other sellers.

Shahrin B)

I've got one on the way, too. And now there is a nice orange "sunburst" pen up, as well. Looking forward to my first Bexley!

I have

I've got one on the way, too. And now there is a nice orange "sunburst" pen up, as well. Looking forward to my first Bexley!

I have three Bexley pens, and I love each of them. My first Bexley has a fine nib, and is a smooth writer. The other two have broad nibs, and they are smooth writers as well,.Trust that your experience will be enjoyable as well.

For my money, Bexley makes the best pens in the USA, and I've tried the others. I wish they had the marketing and success to stand up and be noticed. These pens are basically going at cost on Ebay. It makes me sad.

Fountain pens forever and forever a hundred years fountain pens, all day long forever, forever a hundred times, over and over Fountain Pen Network Adventures dot com!

- Joe

Howard seems to be on a long term project to clean up his storerooms and maybe even his basement. He has been selling all sorts of prototypes and excess pieces, and pens cobbled together from excess parts seems to be the next phase.

I hope this doesn't indicate any problems at the company, as they do a great job. If they had marketing even a fraction as good as many other companies, they'd be unstoppable.

I got the sunburst.

Nice! Inked mine this morning and it's writing well. Fine nib is closer to M/F compared to a couple of other European pens, but the line is even, wet and rich. It's a tall pen and rests well in my hand. I foresee this one getting some frequent use.

I got the sunburst.

Just won the cream/orange flattop on eBay. Thank you for the heads up on these cool pens! It will be my first.

Just won the cream/orange flattop on eBay. Thank you for the heads up on these cool pens! It will be my first.

Good. I'm glad this post assisted someone in finding these fine pens.

My first Bexley is on its way too! Thanks, Brian.

I chose my user name years ago - I have no links to BBS pens (other than owning one!)

For my money, Bexley makes the best pens in the USA, and I've tried the others. I wish they had the marketing and success to stand up and be noticed. These pens are basically going at cost on Ebay. It makes me sad.

Couldn't agree more! I also happen to think that Bexley makes the best pens in the USA. They have the greatest variety of styles, filling mechanisms, materials. I hope succeed in the long run.

---

Please, visit my website at http://www.acousticpens.com/

Man I would love to be able to afford the "Bexley Fountain Pen Flat Top Style Jungle Green" one it is actually one of the cheapest ones for sale but since I went back to school money is hard to come by. But man I love the look of that pen, it looks amazing.

The first step toward change is awareness. The second step is acceptance.

Nathaniel Branden

Man I would love to be able to afford the "Bexley Fountain Pen Flat Top Style Jungle Green" one it is actually one of the cheapest ones for sale but since I went back to school money is hard to come by. But man I love the look of that pen, it looks amazing.

I've been looking at that one as well. It's been relisted several times. Money is tight until next Friday. If it's still available then, I might grab it. Looks like a fun Duofold imitation.

That Sheaffer Jungle Green is a great material and has been used in many small run pens. I think it is worth getting. I have an old Bexley Deluxe 2 with the material.

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

@Brian C, I am glad to have saved you some $, but sorry to have bought that Bexley out from under you. I have a weakness for Jungle Green pens. I have several Bexleys in that material.

Best Regards, and sorry,

greg

ETA: I no longer feel bad. I see that there is another one listed. Best, greg

Edited by gregamckinney

Don't feel bad. I'm old; I'm meh about most things.

@Brian C, I am glad to have saved you some $, but sorry to have bought that Bexley out from under you. I have a weakness for Jungle Green pens. I have several Bexleys in that material.

Best Regards, and sorry,

greg

ETA: I no longer feel bad. I see that there is another one listed. Best, greg

Haha, no worries. Can you please post a pic of it when you get it?

• 2 weeks later...

Howard was kind enough to change the gold tone clip to a chrome one for me. I'm very pleased with the look, as I vastly prefer the cooler color trim on my pens when I have the option.

Here is the pen (I need to find a better backdrop than this yellow microfiber cloth. It doesn't really bring out the colors of the Jungle Green as well as it could:)

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb215/gregamckinney/bexley-flattop-junglegreen-20160529.jpg

Best Regards, greg

Don't feel bad. I'm old; I'm meh about most things.

Howard was kind enough to change the gold tone clip to a chrome one for me. I'm very pleased with the look, as I vastly prefer the cooler color trim on my pens when I have the option.

Here is the pen (I need to find a better backdrop than this yellow microfiber cloth. It doesn't really bring out the colors of the Jungle Green as well as it could:)

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb215/gregamckinney/bexley-flattop-junglegreen-20160529.jpg

Best Regards, greg

Nice! I've been waiting for him to post another one. Nothing yet.

Usually I don't post these things as I don't want to steal any good deals from any FPN family, but I just got one with no other bidders and this one doesn't have any bidders. So here it is:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bexley-Fountain-Pen-2012-OC-STYLE-Blue-Velvet-/111990217760?hash=item1a13231c20:g:vDwAAOSwFqJWjo-V

Has a section the same color as the rest of the pen. It seems that most Bexleys have black sections. I believe that this is Howard himself selling these.

Thanks for posting this. I got a great Bexley made with the old Tibaldi celluloid.