My Flock

masterguns

I had my birds out today so thought I'd take a picture. The collection ebbs and flows as I continue to downsize, trade, and acquire. Once the three others I have in the classifieds sell, these will be it for awhile.

As you can see, I tend to like the bigger pens. I also like nib variety, so the M80Xs run the range of EF-IB (minus the 3B). The M1000s are an EF and a OBB. Once my other pens sell, I'll be without an M in either size, but thats okay. I'm sure one will find its way to me in the future.

My next bird will probably be the burnt orange, but I haven't decided for certain.

Anywho, cheers.

post-115667-0-66171300-1462665082_thumb.jpeg

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• masterguns

• zaddick

• Lam1

• sargetalon

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Great flock. Thanks for sharing the pic. I admire your ability to keep it so restrained and curated. Enjoy them.

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

Which I'd you favorite color and favorite nib?

Thanks for sharing.

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

Which I'd you favorite color and favorite nib?

Thanks for sharing.

Its hard to pick a favorite color, really. If I had to get rid of all except one, I would probably have to keep the gray stresemann. Its the most "practical" color for the office, yet still has a lot of character. It reminds me of a nice custom suit...its OK at a glance, but when you really look at the details it is very classy.

As for the nibs, I can easily move from EF to IB without much issue. It kind of depends on my mood and what I'm doing. I really like the IB, which is very fun to use; however, if I had to keep just one it would be an EF. Again, its the most practical for using at work. Thankfully, I don't need to only keep one. It would really be a tough choice.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I have a black 1st year M8OO and a Blue Ocean. I use a BB and an IB in the Blue Ocean. That's my keeper. The ability to swap nibs so easily is such a great feature.

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

nice collection. i have always wanted to own a gray stresemann. sadly, m800 is too large and heavy for my liking. i'm waiting for them to maybe make that in a smaller size pen someday. either m400 or m600 size.

-rudy-

• 3 weeks later...

That's a very nice flock. And the range of nibs is great too. Congrats.

Let us know when you get the burnt orange, it is a gorgeous pen!

Well, I just got back from Berlin and had a good look at the burnt orange. Unfortunately, I didn't "love" it. Instead, I ended up with a MB Rouge et Noir.

Well, I just got back from Berlin and had a good look at the burnt orange. Unfortunately, I didn't "love" it. Instead, I ended up with a MB Rouge et Noir.

What!? Heresy!! :D

Well, I'll say this in a whisper lest someone else in the forum hears it, but the Rouge et Noir is a very beautiful pen ;), particularly the red one. Fortunately, it is too thin for me. Which one did you get?

Congrats and enjoy your new pen.

What!? Heresy!! :D

Well, I'll say this in a whisper lest someone else in the forum hears it, but the Rouge et Noir is a very beautiful pen ;), particularly the red one. Fortunately, it is too thin for me. Which one did you get?

Congrats and enjoy your new pen.

It is a beauty, and thats largely what pushed me over the edge. I really dig the looks of this pen. I went with the black one because I think the multicolor star on the cap looks better than than the all white star on the red pen. It is probably the thinnest pen I own, but the heft makes it feel really good in the hand, and I can see it being in my rotation a lot. I sat there and tested several pens, but kept coming back to the ReN.