What Ink Matches Vibrant Blue?

rokurinpapa

I have got the M805 Vibrant Blue F nib. Do you think what ink matches the color of the pen?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

rokurinpapa

Edited by rokurinpapa

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rokurinpapa

• Cyber6

• FOUR X FOUR

• Chrissy

I like blue inks. I would say to use BSB, but I'm sure you don't to put that in your 805. What ever you choose, I'm sure you'll have fun picking it out. Amberlea should be along, soon.

Some regards

Allan 😀

LOL... I was going to say BSB too... :lol: :lol:

My friend got this pen a couple of weeks ago and I suggested Sky High... It matches quite well.

If you don't have Sailor Sky High.... Souten is very close and available everywhere.

C.

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

I was going to be a smarty pants and say Bay State Blue. It looks like great minds think alike. Let me redeem myself. I would suggest J. Herbin Eclat de Saphir if you want to match it. It's a beautiful vibrant ink and it is easy to wash out of a pen when you want to change colors. Try something contrasting, like Orange Indien, that would make for a stunning writing experience. Want a more cozy color with it? Try out Lierre Sauvage to have that nifty blue and green poetry in your writing time.

I am suggesting Herbin because they are usually really easy to wash out of a pen, vibrant, you can get them anywhere almost, and the colors are just ooo la la. I know that Pels have a screw out nib and that makes them easier to clean, too.

It's for Yew!bastardchildlil.jpg

Iroshizuku Kon Peki - picture borrowed from Goulet website.

http://www.fototime.com/%7B61F13D74-A398-4E62-B455-FB3F7BFB9C29%7D/origpict/Kon%2520Peki.jpg

The pen is quite a light blue, so I'd have to say a sky-blue or even turquoise ink. I think I'd probably agree with whichwatch and go for Kon-Peki.

If you wanted something a little darker, you could consider Diamine's Blue Velvet (anniversay ink).

Iroshizuku Kon Peki - picture borrowed from Goulet website.

http://www.fototime.com/%7B61F13D74-A398-4E62-B455-FB3F7BFB9C29%7D/origpict/Kon%2520Peki.jpg

+1 for Kon-Peki. Perfect match.

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

I was going to be a smarty pants and say Bay State Blue. It looks like great minds think alike. Let me redeem myself. I would suggest J. Herbin Eclat de Saphir if you want to match it. It's a beautiful vibrant ink and it is easy to wash out of a pen when you want to change colors. Try something contrasting, like Orange Indien, that would make for a stunning writing experience. Want a more cozy color with it? Try out Lierre Sauvage to have that nifty blue and green poetry in your writing time.

I am suggesting Herbin because they are usually really easy to wash out of a pen, vibrant, you can get them anywhere almost, and the colors are just ooo la la. I know that Pels have a screw out nib and that makes them easier to clean, too.

Thank you very much. That made my day

I like blue inks. I would say to use BSB, but I'm sure you don't to put that in your 805. What ever you choose, I'm sure you'll have fun picking it out. Amberlea should be along, soon.

Some regards

Allan

Thank you, Allan. I have heard BSB is dangerous ink. Is it OK for M805? By the way, I do not know the meaning of Amberlea.

I would like you to tell me the meaning.

rokurinpapa

Thank you all for your advice. I cannot decide the color yet. But I have gradually come around to choose a little darker color than Sky High and so on for practical use. Perhaps a probable winner is Diamine's

Blue Velvet (anniversay ink)and a strong opponent is Pilot Blue.

rokurinpapa

I can't say how it will match a Vibrant Blue, having never seen one in person, but I am a big fan of Blue Velvet. I've had it inked up in one of my pens for several months now. It's a great everyday ink and probably work friendly for most places.

What ever colour you choose to put in it..... my favourite is "Noodlers Black Swan English Rose" :)

Nature is the one song of praise that never stops singing. - Richard Rohr

Poets don't draw. They unravel their handwriting and then tie it up again, but differently. - Jean Cocteau

Ο Θεός μ 'αγαπάς

I'd say Noodler's Midway Blue based on the photographs of the pen I've seen. It's what I have in my only luxury pen and it's my favorite blue hands down.

What about Aurora Blue?

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy. Hamlet, 1.5.167-168

I have got the M805 Vibrant Blue F nib. Do you think what ink matches the color of the pen?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

rokurinpapa

So what did you ink the Vibrant Blue with?

I filled mine with Pelikan Edelstein Topaz. For me, it's quite perfect and it's got some sheen as well.

Thanks,

Franz

Diamine Cornflower Blue for me.......what I use in my Blue M800 IB.

Edited by ian1964