The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Visconti Id Early Model

visconti early model identify classic celluloid

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sansenri

sansenri

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,848 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 May 2016 - 00:19

I recently acquired this Visconti pen but cannot identify the model name, if it does have a name...

it is evidently an early model, it is made of wrapped celluloid, black-brown flake, and has a steel two tone nib with Visconti written vertically, top down, such as I have already seen on a Visconti Classic

the nib is steel I assume as it has no gold markings

the pen is approx 13.5 cm capped, short of 12 cm uncapped, and it is rather fat.

It is a cartridge-converter pen.

The material used is surely celluloid, you can smell the distictive odour of canfor as you open the barrel, and it is wrapped celloloid you can see the seam by looking closely, the dark colour however masks the seam almost completely, in normal lighting conditions.

There is an earlier post by fabri00 in another thead about this pen

http://www.fountainp...ntify-this-pen/

where this pen is mentioned but no model name mentioned

since I do not know the model name googling to find info so far has proven useless

the colour of the celluloid is really nice, the nib is rather stiff, and smallish, but the pen is not so big either, and writes, now, reasonably smooth with a fine to medium line (I had to slighly adjust the tines because under the loope they were evidently misaligned)

any information is welcome (eric47??)

thanks

Enrico

P1080969-3.jpg

P1080970-3.jpg

P1080971-3.jpg

P1080981-3.jpg

P1080975-30.jpg

next to a sheaffer balance II for comparison

P1080984-30.jpg

the celluloid picks up the light in certain conditions

Sponsored Content

#2 fabri00

fabri00

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 May 2016 - 18:20

I asked the same question on fountainpen.it forum, and someone answered me.
Try to ask there.

#3 sansenri

sansenri

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,848 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 May 2016 - 07:11

Will do, but did they mention a model name?

Thanks

#4 fabri00

fabri00

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 May 2016 - 14:56

Yes.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: visconti, early model, identify, classic, celluloid

Sponsored Content

|