Demonstrators

cunim

I keep doing Conids, but since I gave away my TWSBIs the selection is limited here. An excuse to get another demonstrator!

Twin barrel lock and load.

fpn_1476978503__cannon.jpg

very nice

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cunim

• mehandiratta

• gregamckinney

• zaddick

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Any thoughts on the 90 year MB skeleton LE pen? I am a bit hesitant because of the grey tint. It is also a little lighter than I would like

Let me add a pic of a unique demonstrator that was presented to this forum a couple of years ago:

post-13171-0-36783500-1390577054.jpg

It's a Montblanc 139 demonstrator made by our very own Maxpens using vintage celluloid. Original thread here.

Beautiful !

It looks however Max installed vintage MB149 telescopic filler instead of the original 139 filler

Understandable : getting the filling knob off from a 14X filler is much easier as doing so on a 13X filler !

Beautiful !

It looks however Max installed vintage MB149 telescopic filler instead of the original 139 filler

Understandable : getting the filling knob off from a 14X filler is much easier as doing so on a 13X filler !

I'm not sure I would know the difference between the two fillers. Would you happen to have a pic / sketch of the 139 for comparison's sake?

Écrire c’est tenter de savoir ce qu’on écrirait si on écrivait. – M. Duras

Beautiful !

Yes, but no one made him throw the pen in trash. :)

As you know well, the 14X pistons are much easier to source, though still not super easy.

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

Yes, but no one made him throw the pen in trash. :)

As you know well, the 14X pistons are much easier to source, though still not super easy.

Agreed zaddick .

Although I expect the most important reason to install an 14X filler is the fact disassembling in a later stage is much easier !

This is my home made MB139 demonstrator, using the original telescopic filler.

Francis

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h89/fountainbel/Home%20made%20fountain%20pens/b3a5d573-403d-4e7e-b8bc-2829547669e5.jpg

W :yikes: W !

Most folks (myself included) could never even hope to find such pens to get a look at one and here you are, Francis and Max, making your own! Very impressive!

I come back to my earlier question, just out of curiosity: how are the two pistons different? Is it purely mechanical or is there something more? Here's a quick and dirty close-up of the piston units:

http://i.imgur.com/1056adO.jpg

Écrire c’est tenter de savoir ce qu’on écrirait si on écrivait. – M. Duras

Agreed zaddick .

Although I expect the most important reason to install an 14X filler is the fact disassembling in a later stage is much easier !

Francis

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h89/fountainbel/Home%20made%20fountain%20pens/b3a5d573-403d-4e7e-b8bc-2829547669e5.jpg

An amazing pen. Fantastic!

Agreed zaddick .

Francis

Wonderful pen. I have zero interest in modern MBs, but something like this....

Here is a custom pen from Brad Torelli. Is is a transparent blue demo pen shaped like a MB 139. Brad used a plunger type filler as it allows for more ink volume and less maintenance than a piston filler.

fpn_1477973876__20150907_114524_resized_

Here is a custom pen from Brad Torelli. Is is a transparent blue demo pen shaped like a MB 139. Brad used a plunger type filler as it allows for more ink volume and less maintenance than a piston filler.

fpn_1477973876__20150907_114524_resized_

Absolutely gorgeous!!

It sports a vintage 14C nib with some flex. This an old photo where the tines were still miasligned (since fixed).

fpn_1478019002__20150907_114708_resized_

I remembered i hae a few more blue demo pens.

This is a custom 149 hommage pen.

fpn_1478022722__20161019_123821_resized_

And the famous Pelikan Blue Ocean limited edition.

fpn_1478022837__20160227_163320_resized_

One more of the Blue Ocean next to a Rossi 800N custom pen.

fpn_1478022895__20160302_134335_resized_

Finally, continuing on my custom MB demo theme, here is a silver rings celluloid 149 that had the damaged barrel replaced with vintage celluloid.

fpn_1478023048__20160411_145405_resized.

• 2 weeks later...

I recently picked this up, it's off getting a few adjustments to the nib collar :)

http://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/b558/nbendy1/demo%201_zpsnnr4am24.jpg

Edited by Nathanb