Where To Get A Brand New Pelikan M800?

yinxzon

This was an old topic from 2012 but a few of what was replied below are no longer in business.

Any input? Regina apparently had it for sub-400 prices before. But now its around 500-600 and I can get a brand new MB146 from Jomashop for $380, it doesnt feel like a good buy.

Thanks for your input.

• Amazon.com
  • eBay seller tapin
  • eCrater.com seller Regina Martini
  • isellpens.com: Todd
  • nibs.com: John Mottishaw

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mulrich

• yinxzon

• Lam1

• BayesianPrior

I purchased a couple of M80x's from Martini a few years ago; great service and good shipping from Germany to the US. In addition to your list, there are many other great sellers on eBay and the Web and who've received praise in these pages, including (in no particular order):

Rolf Thiel (missing-pen.de, or "missing-pen" on eBay) - uncompromised service; haven't ordered from him yet, but have made a few inquiries and the responses were always swift and courteous

"printhardcopy" on eBay (and on FPN) - I bought several M80x's from him a few years ago and always had a great experience; impossibly fast shipping from Asia to US; swift and courteous responses to requests

"martemodena" on eBay - great pricing and decent shipping from Italy to US; the last couple of pens I've bought have been from there.

Also be sure to check the Classifieds section here as well. There is a lovely M805 blue/black for sale right now at a great price.

Usual disclaimers on each of these - no affiliation, satisfied customer or prospective customer, etc. As I typed this, I realized that, with one or two exceptions, my Pelikan purchases over the last few years have been from overseas due to the pricing of these pens in the US. Depending upon where you're located, there may be other options as well.

Edited by Arklawboy

Please see my current classifieds!

Looking for a Cross Century 2000 RB and/or FP in Chrome: http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/classifieds/item/43765-wtb-cross-century-2000-rollerball-andor-fp-in-chrome/

I've purchased from both missing-pen and martemodena on eBay and liked them both. You can probably find lower prices through martemodena but you'll have to deal with auctions. Missing-pen has fixed pricing which is competitive with most other vendors. You may be able to find slightly better deals if you shop around.

Another option (from an unaffiliated but happy customer) is Marco of Novelli.it Excellent customer service.

bayesianprior.png

I have bought from several of the vendors mentioned above and also from La Couronne du Comte, which has excellent service and competitive prices.

I got mine in the low $300's from Regina Martini.

Amazon Japan for some reason also has (or had the last I looked) fairly low prices, if you are willing to deal with the overhead complexity of a forwarding service.

-k

The best prices will be had from overseas vendors for customers is the USA. That is not necessarily true in reverse as there is VAT to pay. The trade off now appears to be that Chartpak won't honor warranty issues if purchased overseas (yet to be confirmed). Like others here, I can endorse Rolf Theil (Germany), MarteModena (Italy), Novelli (Italy), Regina Martini (Germany), and La Couronne du Comte (Netherlands). All competitive, reputable vendors with competitive pricing. I'll also add Appelboom (Netherlands) and Fritz Schimpf (Germany) to the list. No affiliations, just a happy customer.

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

Between $325-400 is what you are likely to pay, as the price on these pens has been climbing over the past few years. I'm not sure if it is the fluctuation in currency, or if it is Pelikan's attempt to move up-market. As for the comparison to Jomashop's price for the Montblanc, that is hard to beat...provided you only want a medium nib. I've never seen them stock anything other than medium, which is pretty useless to me (too broad). Also, Jomashop won't provide the stamped booklet, which means you will not qualify for Montblanc's free nib exchange. If you're really after a Montblanc and want a medium, that's probably the best price.

Edited by Jezza

Marte Modena seems to have the best price at $379 and Amazon Japan has it for $358 plus some shipping... dont know if they charge or how much.

DID NOT see anything below.

Marco of Novelli doesnt seem to have to it on their website. Not sure if this is his site. I might have to call Italy??

http://www.marcuslink.com/pens/storesofnote/roma.html

There is this guy from Israel but don't know if hes reputable...

Id rather get it from Regina but she costs 400+

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PELIKAN-M800-BLACK-GREEN-Souveran-FOUNTAIN-PEN-18K-NIB-SIZE-M/322065316301?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D36462%26meid%3D8b8575b6a364472c9b59168abca4495d%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D152076096748

Does this sound right?

Appelboom
http://www.appelboom.com/pelikan-souveran-m800-blackgreen-fountain-pen?search=m800
396 EUR

Fritz
http://www.fritz-schimpf.de/Schreibgeraete/Fuellhalter/Pelikan-Souveraen-M800-Kolbenfuellhalter.html?listtype=search&searchparam=m800
368 EUR

Marte Modena
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fountain-Pen-PELIKAN-Souveran-M-800-Black-green-Gold-NIB-Gold-18K-B-0F0SP2-/161780012527
$379

Amazon Japan
http://www.amazon.co.jp/PELIKAN-SOUVERAN-スーベレーン-ペン先サイズ:M-「並行輸入商品」/dp/B00BP2O1F2/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1462491743&sr=8-6&keywords=m800+pelikan
$358 plus shipping (?)

I dont really want to create a new account either and the shipping might make it the same.

La Couronne Du Comte
http://www.lacouronneducomte.nl/webstore/main/pelikan-c-1_271.html?page=2&sort=2a
470 EUR

Regina Martini
Pelikan 800/805 fountain pen. 18 carat goldnib. EF to O3B size. Piston filler. US retail: $410

??? really, I thought she was the best?!

http://www.fountainpens.de/

Missing Pen
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pelikan-Kolbenfullhalter-fountain-pen-M800-Farbe-und-Feder-zur-Auswahl-/152046615935
$379+ 10 shipping = $389

Print Hard Copy
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Logo-Black-Red-Blue-Green-Pelikan-M800-Fountain-pen-18k-Gold-Nib-SALE-/311599131029?hash=item488cc16995
$399

Edited by yinxzon

Marte Modena seems to have the best price at $379 and Amazon Japan has it for $358 plus some shipping... dont know if they charge or how much.

DID NOT see anything below.

Marco of Novelli doesnt seem to have to it on their website. Not sure if this is his site. I might have to call Italy??

http://www.marcuslink.com/pens/storesofnote/roma.html

*snip*

Almost right site. The website is novelli.it and it does list Pelikan 80x.

You do not have a right to post. You do not have a right to a lawyer. Do you understands these rights you do not have?

Kaweco Supra (titanium B), Al-Sport (steel BB).

Parker: Sonnet (dimonite); Frontier GT; 51 (gray); Vacumatic (amber).

Pelikan: m600 (BB); Rotring ArtPen (1,9mm); Rotring Rive; Cult Pens Mini (the original silver version), Waterman Carene (ultramarine F)

Almost right site. The website is novelli.it and it does list Pelikan 80x.

386.26 hmm.. still over 350, cant find anything under..

should i buy from the israeli guy on ebay?

Edited by yinxzon

386.26 hmm.. still over 350, cant find anything under..

should i buy from the israeli guy on ebay?

I don't know where you live, but if it is not in Europe you have to discount VAtT when buying from European vendors and sometimes there are online coupons for 10% off (like for La Courone).

Also, Regina has the best prices in her auction site. Typically the M80xs go for around 240-260 euros + 10 euros for shipping.

Similarly, Martemodena (eBay) has the best prices on the auctions. It is not uncommon that the auctions will end at the minimum bid or just a little over that value. Currently they have some at a minimum bid of $290 + $24 for shipping, which is an excellent price even if it goes a little over the minimum.

I have bought two m800s (and two m1000s) from Martemodena on eBay. No problems with any of the transactions. The shipping times to the US are very fast. One of the shipments incurred a customs charge of around $20, but none of the others. Keep in mind that you could be liable for customs duties when you purchase. If you find a version that you like for auction (there are fewer listed for auction than in months past), give it a shot.

Second the recommendation for checking the auctions for martemodena and Martini. I picked up a couple of M80x's in martemodena's eBay auctions for less than $300.

If you are not wedded to a particular color, as noted above, there is an M805 for sale in the classifieds section for $295. Can't beat it.

If you want a particular color and want it fast, I'd take a hard look at printhardcopy. I vivdly recall ordering pens on a Tuesday and having them Thursday. Incredible. But, truthfully, you cannot go wrong with any of the vendors mentioned here.

Please see my current classifieds!

Looking for a Cross Century 2000 RB and/or FP in Chrome: http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/classifieds/item/43765-wtb-cross-century-2000-rollerball-andor-fp-in-chrome/

I don't know where you live, but if it is not in Europe you have to discount VAtT when buying from European vendors and sometimes there are online coupons for 10% off (like for La Courone).

Also, Regina has the best prices in her auction site. Typically the M80xs go for around 240-260 euros + 10 euros for shipping.

Similarly, Martemodena (eBay) has the best prices on the auctions. It is not uncommon that the auctions will end at the minimum bid or just a little over that value. Currently they have some at a minimum bid of $290 + $24 for shipping, which is an excellent price even if it goes a little over the minimum.

http://www.martiniauctions.com/browse/search_category/800_805_634.html

I must be looking at the wrong places, it doesnt show anything m800 green stripe.

Do I have to wait for that to show up?

I think I might go with this one...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fountain-Pen-PELIKAN-Souveran-M-800-Black-Green-NIB-18K-Special-2016-/182112058489?hash=item2a66b97c79:g:hQcAAOSw3ydVtk8-

Fountain Pen PELIKAN Souveran M 800 Black/Green NIB 18K - Special 2016

it says special 2016.. not really sure what that is..not in descriptions. any concern?

It's not always that Regina has auctions for the green stripes. Nowadays, with the exchange rate the way it is, I think Martemodena has the best prices.

I guess "Special 2016" is just how they call the ones for auction. I bought 2 M800 and one MB 146 from them in the last two months or so, all were "Special 2016", and I didn't have any problems (quite to the contrary, I'm very happy). Of course, the usual disclaimers, YMMV, etc..

Good luck. I hope you get a good price on the M800.

I've bought from all the vendors mentioned above. Regina is a delight to deal with. Recently I bought a pen from Print Hardcopy and was very pleased with the service and quick shipping.

Every time I have bought from Martemodena, I've got hit with customs charges. I think US customs looks at their stuff more closely for some reason. I don't order from them anymore.

I've bought from all the vendors mentioned above. Regina is a delight to deal with. Recently I bought a pen from Print Hardcopy and was very pleased with the service and quick shipping.

Every time I have bought from Martemodena, I've got hit with customs charges. I think US customs looks at their stuff more closely for some reason. I don't order from them anymore.

The one pen I bought from Martemodena was shipped using DHL (express or priority) and it's the only time I've ever been charged customs. I don't know if it was a DHL thing or a Martemodena thing.

Actually. The only time I have ever been charged customs are the two times I ordered from Martemodina.