Pen Shops In Paris And Florence?

TheGreatRoe

At the end of May through the middle of June I'll be taking my first trip off the North American continent. The trip isn't completely planned but I know we'll be spending 2 days in Paris and 3 in Florence. I've already made arrangements to visit the Visconti factory.

My question is: I doubt my wife will tolerate more than one pen store in each city. Does anyone have a recommendation for a nice store in Paris or Florence?

"The Great Roe is a mythological beast with the head of a lion and the body of a lion, but not the same lion."

My Personal Blog | My Creative Writing Blog | My Heraldry Designs

http://dcroe05.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/crestdr.png?w=100

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheGreatRoe

• fabri00

• senzen

• bobje

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There are many members from Paris who know much better than I....

But the shop of Andre Mora is famous

Galeries Lafayette has a decent pen department (and their strawberry ice is delicious..."Fragola")

Of course there is a MB boutique and I think a Cartier on Champs d'Elysée.

Some others which I forgot.

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

This Leigh Reyes blog post is cool, with photos of the shop mentioned by Dick. And this one, about paper, ink, and art supplies in Paris and Aix en Provence. Reyes appears to have blazed a Pen and Ink Trail for you in Paris. There's also this Paris pen store trail.

Reviews and articles on Fountain Pen Network

CHINA, JAPAN, AND INDIA

Hua Hong Blue Belter | Penbbs 456 | Stationery | ASA Nauka in Dartmoor and Ebonite | ASA Azaadi | ASA Bheeshma | ASA Halwa | Ranga Model 8 and 8b | Ranga Emperor

ITALY AND THE UK

FILCAO Roxi | FILCAO Atlantica | Italix Churchman's Prescriptor

USA, INK, AND EXPERIMENTS

Bexley Prometheus | Route 54 Motor Oil | Black Swan in Icelandic Minty Bathwater | Robert Oster Aqua | Diamine Emerald Green | Mr. Pen Radiant Blue | Three Oysters Giwa | Flex Nib Modifications | Rollstoppers

There are some Florence pen shops in the streets east of the cathedral that sell modern Italian pens. Well worth the look. Sorry about not being more precise but it was years ago and we came across them while wandering (another worthwhile past time there).

In Florence you have this shop in the city centre:

http://www.stilografica.it

Bye!

It is the shop mentioned in the post above, close to the cathedral.

is a very good one, with wide range of modern pen and inks.

The family owning it is in pen business since decades.

I can't remember the name of it, but there's one on the lower level of the Louvre (there's a bit of shopping that can be done down there). So if you go to the Louvre.... :-)

Thanks for the info everyone. This should give me enough info that I can plan a sidetrip or two. ;)

"The Great Roe is a mythological beast with the head of a lion and the body of a lion, but not the same lion."

Dale, maybe a trip to Stipula or Visconti in Florence? Wim might be able to help.

Reviews and articles on Fountain Pen Network

CHINA, JAPAN, AND INDIA

Hua Hong Blue Belter | Penbbs 456 | Stationery | ASA Nauka in Dartmoor and Ebonite | ASA Azaadi | ASA Bheeshma | ASA Halwa | Ranga Model 8 and 8b | Ranga Emperor

ITALY AND THE UK

FILCAO Roxi | FILCAO Atlantica | Italix Churchman's Prescriptor

USA, INK, AND EXPERIMENTS

Bexley Prometheus | Route 54 Motor Oil | Black Swan in Icelandic Minty Bathwater | Robert Oster Aqua | Diamine Emerald Green | Mr. Pen Radiant Blue | Three Oysters Giwa | Flex Nib Modifications | Rollstoppers

Dale, maybe a trip to Stipula or Visconti in Florence? Wim might be able to help.

Oh, yes. I'm visiting Visconti while in Florence.

Is not almost gone last year Stipula?

In Paris you must go an see Mr Arabian at Styl'Honoré. A delightful person with a well furnished shop. It is closed during the weekend, but on week days opens from 10h to 19h non-stop.

The adress is:

1 Rue du Marché Saint Honoré - Paris 1er.

It is not far fron the Louvre.

They have great choice of Pilots, among others.

WomenWagePeace

SUPORTER OF http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/100x75q90/631/uh2SgO.jpg

My avatar is a painting by the imense surrealist painter Remedios Varo

This is a timely thread for me as I shall be in Florence for about 4 days in July.

I shall visit Stilografica and hopefully pick one (or two) things up.

I was in Styl'Honoré while on vacation in Paris about a year ago. It's quite a nice store, with plenty of fountain pens, and the owners (who appear to be a married couple) didn't even laugh at my pitiful attempts to say something in French. :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks to the weather and the French rail strike I've had to amend my plans. I didn't get to any stores in Paris--though I still might when we go back for our flight--and I had to cancel my appointment to visit the Visconti factory--but I still should be able to visit a store.

However, while strolling through the town of Annecy in the French Alps, I came across Grenet's Pen Store. I found an inexpensive Lamy Lilac for my wife, and I found 2 discontinued Caran d'Ache inks.

post-97570-0-27947100-1464898159_thumb.jpg

I was in Styl'Honoré while on vacation in Paris about a year ago. It's quite a nice store, with plenty of fountain pens, and the owners (who appear to be a married couple) didn't even laugh at my pitiful attempts to say something in French. :lol:

I have friends staying two blocks away from Styl Honoré, I might be able to convince them to go, although they have no interest in fountain pens and such... How's the selection of pens and inks? Anything interesting around $100 euros?

I use mostly utilitarian pens like Lamy, Muji, Platinum, with the odd Pelikan, Waterman and Faber Castell...

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell

As I recall BHV department store in Paris had a surprisingly extensive selection of fountains pens and good paper.

Thanks to the weather and the French rail strike I've had to amend my plans. I didn't get to any stores in Paris--though I still might when we go back for our flight--and I had to cancel my appointment to visit the Visconti factory--but I still should be able to visit a store.

However, while strolling through the town of Annecy in the French Alps, I came across Grenet's Pen Store. I found an inexpensive Lamy Lilac for my wife, and I found 2 discontinued Caran d'Ache inks.

20160602_214916.jpg

Great find! I like small purchases like that. I'm also always on the lookout for pen cases. I check Il Bisonte for leather goods in Florence.

Let me know how Stilografica works out. I used to go there a lot when the original owner and his two sons were running it, but I think it has been sold? I'd like to know how the shop is now.

"If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live."

– Lin Yu-T'ang

The shop is managed by Marco Moricci, one of the 2 sons you mention, probably.

The other son has a very reputable pen-repairing activity, also authorized by montblanc.