The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Asa Santulan With Bock Stahl Rot Nib Review

asa santulan review prithwijit bock stahl rot conway stewart red whirl acrylic

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Prithwijit

Prithwijit

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 May 2016 - 06:39

Oh man... these acrylics... such beautiful pens... if I wanted to have one of these made, what would I need to do? 

Are there particular materials that wont work such as lucite or kirinite?

1. Contact

2. Choose Pen design?

3. Buy my own ebonite/acrylic?

4. Ship him the ebonite and acrylic?

5. Pay

6. Beautiful pen?

Hi Jobesmirage,

I am presuming these questions were directed at me and I will make my best effort at answering the approach.

STEP I : Decide on design

Depends upon the penmaker. You can easily select any of my designs from my review and the penmaker who made my pen should be easily able to make one for you. In case you opt to go for a different pen design, please check first with the penmaker of they can make it for you. Any pen maker also has a standard catalogue of design which can also be selected. The penmakers I have worked with are -  

STEP II : Choose your material

Materials can be ebonite, hand cast resin, cellulose acetate, acrylic acetate, cellulose nitrate, Lucite, etc. ANy penmaker worth his salt would have a set of materials available with them for you to choose from. If none of them catch your fancy, you can choose materials from independent vendors such as -

STEP III : Choose your nib

ASApens, Ranga or Fosfor can easily arrange for standard Jowo or Schmidt steel nibs in #5 and #6 sizes for your pens. If you have more specific requirements, you can buy needs of your choice and send it to them. Some sources are -

STEP IV : Send stuff to penmaker

Duh!!! Obvious...  

STEP V : Wait

Wait anxiously till your vision takes shape.

Regards,

Prithwijit

Click here to check out my reviews

Fosfor Rajendran | ASA Santulan | Ranga Sugarcane | ASA Sniper | Fosfor Heather | ASA I-Will | Hero Glorious | ASA Azaadi | Fosfor Islander | ASA Halwa | ASA Macaw | ASA Namenlos | ASA Bheeshma

Sponsored Content

#22 Jobesmirage

Jobesmirage

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 May 2016 - 06:43

Thanks so much for taking your time, ha!  Im still pretty green when it comes to fountain pens and ever since looking at your posts Ive been thinking about getting a custom order... that purple pen you had on the other thread was really striking and these pens are beautiful.  Now Im going to have to take a look at a bunch of acrylics... and may be this kirinite material

#23 Helen350

Helen350

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,218 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 May 2016 - 20:30

Those pens are absolutely fabulous!  I need to select a pen blank & design and send it off to Mr. Subramaniam!  That golden yellow pen made me speechless!

#24 Jobesmirage

Jobesmirage

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 July 2016 - 05:00

Bob

This is currently out of stock but if u mail them they will arrange one. ASA pens can make one for u too.
Please find link below.
The pen was designed by Prithwijit and the Blank was also his choice.
http://www.theturner...-pen-blank.html

Thanks and Regards
Sanjay

Sorry about reviving this old thread but I was wondering if that was the best site to send ASA pens material (in terms of cost)

#25 Prithwijit

Prithwijit

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 July 2016 - 05:47

Sorry about reviving this old thread but I was wondering if that was the best site to send ASA pens material (in terms of cost)

Hi,

Shipping from US is usually more expensive than shipping from UK. So for small quantities I prefer to get them from Vince Coates of UK. His website is www.theturnersworkshop.co.uk .

Regards,

Prithwijit

Click here to check out my reviews

Fosfor Rajendran | ASA Santulan | Ranga Sugarcane | ASA Sniper | Fosfor Heather | ASA I-Will | Hero Glorious | ASA Azaadi | Fosfor Islander | ASA Halwa | ASA Macaw | ASA Namenlos | ASA Bheeshma

#26 fountainpagan

fountainpagan

Poetry soothes and emboldens the soul to accept mystery

• FPN Supporter - Platinum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,089 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 July 2016 - 07:56

That's odd, I thought having left a word on this thread... :unsure:

Anyhow. Beautiful pens, indeed. Two beauties.

Maybe you should contact Bock for the ink losing nib! They can surely do something about it. That should not happen.

WomenWagePeace

SUPORTER OF uh2SgO.jpg

My avatar is a painting by the imense surrealist painter Remedios Varo

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: asa, santulan, review, prithwijit, bock, stahl rot, conway stewart, red whirl, acrylic

Sponsored Content

|