I Dropped My Pen :(

Caestus75

I dropped my pen today.... Slipped right out of my hand onto the pavement. I chipped the top of my cap a little of my Blue Hour and there are two small chips on the lacquer.

It's not horrible but it makes me sad.

Does anyone know if the lacquer can be buffed/smoothed out?

Also do they sell replacement emblems on the top? On the top of cap that is. I know I'd probably have to check on eBay but I am not sure what to search for.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• meiers

• Caestus75

• Pravda

• drgriz

MB service or...

Consider it a battle scar. I take my Mark twain WE EVEYWHERE knowing full well that the world is a rough place and that accidents do happen. I have already decided that I would only ask MB to repair damage that impaired the functioning of the pen.

Sorry to hear that, Caestus75.

I like meiers' philosophy - but if you want to get it back to new, MB service would be your first port of call.

An estimate is free.

Good luck

MB service or...

Consider it a battle scar. I take my Mark twain WE EVEYWHERE knowing full well that the world is a rough place and that accidents do happen. I have already decided that I would only ask MB to repair damage that impaired the functioning of the pen.

Yup, I would send it in for a level one service and ask for the cap crown to be replaced. I imagine it will come back looking like a new pen.

To be completely honest, I did send a heritage 1912 in for a cap replacement because I had clumsily cracked its precious resin. That happened a year and a half ago and YES I did feel a little sad when it happened.

Oh no! I'm one of the people that feels nauseous when this happens and it wrecks my mood. I know how you feel and am sorry this happened to you.

I would also take it to montblanc and ask for a service they usually end up replacing damaged parts.

Also invest in cases and pouches. I never leave the house (or even go from room to room) without my MB being tucked safely inside something plush.

Yup, I would send it in for a level one service and ask for the cap crown to be replaced. I imagine it will come back looking like a new pen.

To the OP, the repair may not qualify as a Level One repair, as the Blue Hour is classified as a Solitaire and repairs for that line are more expensive. If I recall correctly, those repairs start at $175. However, your boutique will be able to help you out and get an accurate estimate.

I recently bought a boheme doue that was described as mint but came with a broken onyx on the clip. When I sent it to MB to get a quote as requested by the seller I was told that it would cost 280 dollars to replace the clip. The seller agreed to refund me the money in the end. Though it was in New Zealand dollars, not USD, damn expensive!

I would suspect that your repair would cost hundreds as well!

It will be worth every penny, I'd say.

The blue hour is a stunningly beautiful Meisterstück.

You won't know exactly how much until MB service sends you their quote. And even then you have the option of politely declining their offer.

Edited by meiers

Caestus75,

Just wondering what the outcome was. Did you ever receive a quote from MB?

flying-letter-postcard-exc.png

Caestus75,

Just wondering what the outcome was. Did you ever receive a quote from MB?

I have not taken it for a quote yet. I've been traveling for work.

The only off-putting thing is if I send it to service I do not get the damaged parts back. The damage isn't TERRIBLE, but it did ruin my mood. usually I have the pen clipped inside a shirt button but I had it in my pants pocket when it dropped this time.

What pouch would one suggest? I will take it to a MB Boutique soon.

Th

Thanks for the suggestions!

I do like the style of the pen case, though, it seems over priced a tad :(

The Pen Pouch seems a little large to fit in a pocket as well. It makes sense for my work bag, but not so much to carry in a pocket. However, this does give me more food for thought!

Montblanc has single pen cases that work well for jacket pockets. Alternatively, the little velvet pouches they return serviced pens in are free and perfect for such an occasion.

Th

Thanks for the suggestions!

I do like the style of the pen case, though, it seems over priced a tad :(

The Pen Pouch seems a little large to fit in a pocket as well. It makes sense for my work bag, but not so much to carry in a pocket. However, this does give me more food for thought!

Well you don't need to buy new, and the pouches look a bit bigger than they actually are, they will fit a jacket pocket nicely, at least the ones i have (jackets and pen pouches) even the 2/3 one which fits 2 149s or 3 slim ones.

22948215716_979377fc63_z.jpg

They are a bit longer than an A5 is wide as you see them above the notebook holder.

21069556356_f8563f9887_z.jpg

And it's also not that much bigger than the 149 which is inside the burgundy florence pouch, and the other is a 146 doué inside the selection pouch.