Top Posters In This Topic

• mrzas

• migo984

• bbs

• AlanO

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi

Does anybody know anywhere apart from goulet that sells bottels of dark lilac ?

Plenty of sellers but all outside Europe. Lamy won't make limited edition inks in bottles available for sale in Europe, for some strange reason.

However there is a seller (Pen Store) in Sweden - shipping to UK is pricey but is still cheaper than from Goulet.

Verba volant, scripta manent

????? German company won't sell its bottled inks in Europe? Don't they realise this one would sell like hot cakes?

I chose my user name years ago - I have no links to BBS pens (other than owning one!)

????? German company won't sell its bottled inks in Europe? Don't they realise this one would sell like hot cakes?

Same thing with the Copper Orange, and other LEs. Only cartridges made available in Europe, not bottles. Someone contacted Lamy Head Office & they deny there is demand........

However there is a seller (Pen Store) in Sweden - shipping to UK is pricey but is still cheaper than from Goulet.

I got three bottles from them, and it made the per-bottle cost more attractive - and shipping was pretty quick.

Alan

I got three bottles from them, and it made the per-bottle cost more attractive - and shipping was pretty quick.

Alan

I've looked on their website and can't find it

According to this post on another thread, they have sold out. US sellers are also running out of stock quickly.

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/305724-lamy-dark-lilac-and-edelstein-aquamarine-swabs/?p=3617020

It's going to be a real challenge to get hold of a bottle in Europe. There are still supplies available here (Australia) at the moment so I could buy a bottle & ship to you in the UK, but it'll cost over AUS$43 (around £22) per bottle including shipping, minimum. You probably wouldn't want to pay that much.........?

Neither Goulet Pens nor Pen Boutique currently have it in stock or someone from the UK who is going on holiday to the US could have brought you a bottle back. B)

Just where is it being sold ? Got friends in Hong Kong and know some one who travels to the UAE around once a month

Ah, shame you missed it. If you want to send me a PM with your address, I'll send you a 5ml sample - at least that way you won't have to shell out for cartridges before you know whether you like it (and, of course, unlike a cartridge you can try it in a non-Lamy pen).

Alan

Edited by AlanO

I have also been looking for a bottle of this ink - got excited when I saw that it was available via Sweden, but of course they had sold out. For what it's worth, I'd be interested in joining a consortium of buyers based in Europe (still including the UK!) to bring in bottles from the US or elsewhere.

I'm a little surprised that Lamy doesn't allow European-based sellers to special-order this ink. I can understand them deciding that demand won't justify making a particular product available in a given location, but if the demand exists, then allowing special orders should be possible...

Ah, shame you missed it. If you want to send me a PM with your address, I'll send you a 5ml sample - at least that way you won't have to shell out for cartridges before you know whether you like it (and, of course, unlike a cartridge you can try it in a non-Lamy pen).

Alan

Wow really? Yeah sure thanks :D

I spoke direct to a lamy rep on this and got a new reply "The special ink darc lilac in bottles, is only available overseas due to marketing reasons." previously I have been told there is no demand for ink in bottles in Europe.

sounds like a load of $^*% to me.

I spoke direct to a lamy rep on this and got a new reply "The special ink darc lilac in bottles, is only available overseas due to marketing reasons." previously I have been told there is no demand for ink in bottles in Europe.

I thought that perhaps it was a price thing - higher prices achievable outside Europe (?).

But after doing a little homework, I realised that it can't be. I can get a T52 (50ml) bottle of Lamy ink for Eur.9 in Germany and just under GBP7 in the UK, but the same bottles go on Goulet for USD10.50, which is broadly comparable; perhaps even a little less.

There must be some reason...

That sounds like the same thing: Marketing reasons: "We think we won't sell enough of them"

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

See if we can get it on massdrop

But that's shipped from the U.S., all adds to the cost .....

I chose my user name years ago - I have no links to BBS pens (other than owning one!)

Just released Good News!

Quote from Lamy-Worldwide: (so somebody must have been listening :D )

"As of 2017, the ink colours of our LAMY safari and LAMY AL-star special editions will be available in ink bottles in ALL markets worldwide – including Europe! Up to now, our European fans could only use the special edition ink in cartridge form.

This is now to change by popular request..."

Quote from Lamy-Worldwide: (so somebody must have been listening :D )

"As of 2017, the ink colours of our LAMY safari and LAMY AL-star special editions will be available in ink bottles in ALL markets worldwide – including Europe! Up to now, our European fans could only use the special edition ink in cartridge form.

This is now to change by popular request..."

:D :bunny01:

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

I'm guessing they are only going to start selling bottels of ink when they launch their next special edition, knowing lamy it will be a lime green again lol