Reputable Sellers

IfPigsFly

Are there reputable Parker sellers on ebay? Even if there are reputable sellers are the prices still inflated? Are the sellers that are located in Taiwan and Bulgaria selling reproductions?

I'm trying to find my way through the morass of Parker sellers. Feel like I'm searching for a needle in a haystack.

Many thanks,

Ann

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pajaro

• icardoth

• pen lady

• IfPigsFly

There are some. Tbickii is one, I think. The eastern European sellers are most likely selling genuine items. If you are looking for ironclad guarantees in an online flea market, I am not sure that's reasonable. On ebay the sellers have track records you can read. I never dealt with anybody who wasn't on the up and up when buying 51s on ebay. When a pen had a problem, and this is in early days ebay, before draconian protections, I always got a full refund from courteous sellers. I see these pleas for guidance on here often, and I wonder why the potential buyer doesn't just wade in and discover the market, just as I had to.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

Ann, if you live close to a Pen Show venue, that might help. If not, there are many reputable sellers who are on FPN but as they are selling restored pens, you will pay more than on eBay. Good luck.

Yes, I can recommend the following eBay sellers:

krakers
rwapen
Kaczs Pens
mrsettter - Battersea Pen Home
rgbpd1
win_world_jp
terim

When you buy from a "reputable" seller, you are paying something for the seller's expertise. I advise you to pick the seller's brain for whatever you can learn about the 51. For this reason, going to a pen show would be a great idea, because it's easier to pick someone's brain in person. You can possibly establish a relationship and learn about the ins and outs of 51s. Then you will have a good basis of knowledge to evaluate offerings at sales and online. If you want to buy more than one pen, you will need that knowledge.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."

Yes, I can recommend the following eBay sellers:

krakers
rwapen
Kaczs Pens
mrsettter - Battersea Pen Home
rgbpd1
win_world_jp
terim

I am sorry to report that rwapen (Roger and Mark Allen) is no longer selling on eBay. Mark passed away in 2014 unexpectedly.

San Francisco International Pen Show - The next “Funnest Pen Show” is on schedule for August 23-24-25, 2024.  Watch the show website for registration details. 

My PM box is usually full. Just email me: my last name at the google mail address.

I am sorry to report that rwapen (Roger and Mark Allen) is no longer selling on eBay. Mark passed away in 2014 unexpectedly.

I am sorry to hear that. He helped me from time to time.

That is why I have not seen him at some of the local auctions.. Nice man.

I'm really sorry. My last purchase from them was in 2011.

The best seller I have found on ebay for quality and helpfulness is the follwoing seller:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/secukltd

As a result of his quality and attention to detail he is able to obtain higher than average prices.

Indeed. Honesty and good presentation go a long way towards realising good prices - in some cases, exceeding what may be charged by a retail dealer. Which, of course, for many defeats the object of using ebay to purchase.

Half the fun is 'taking a punt' - I find those who know nothing about the item they're selling (not just pens) can often be a great source of bargains. Sure, the pictures are often crappy and accompanied by poor descriptions but they don't have anything to wilfully hide or mislead on, either.

Knowing your subject well helps to iron out the bumps, too but, as has already been stated, ebay really do bend over backwards to protect the buyer, so the risks are minimal.

Regards,

Frank

Edited by MancFrank

Are there reputable Parker sellers on ebay? Even if there are reputable sellers are the prices still inflated? Are the sellers that are located in Taiwan and Bulgaria selling reproductions?

I'm trying to find my way through the morass of Parker sellers. Feel like I'm searching for a needle in a haystack.

Many thanks,

Ann

Ann I have had many dealings with Taiwanese collectors on ebay. They have always been knowledgeable and a pleasure to deal with. Indeed the only Asia destinations that I will send items to is Taiwan and Japan.

I would have no hesitation in buying from any of those I have sold to.