The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Salix Changes Paper Color Perception

salix

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Scrivener1

Scrivener1

Near Mint

• Member - Silver

• PipPipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 April 2016 - 22:41

Has anyone else noticed that a page written with Rohrer & Klingner's Salix takes on an aged look?  A perfectly white paper comes out looking off-white and antique after the ink has cured.  

I suspect this is because the dusky hue of oxidized iron gall duplicates somewhat the impression of a clearer blue on off-white paper, but it's different somehow - more aged than exactly off-white.  I wonder if it's also partly due to the way, as Sandy1 puts it, iron gall inks seem to reside behind the plane of the page.

I think it is a great effect and lends a document gravitas; but I certainly wouldn't have predicted it.  I wonder if the other iron galls do the same thing.

Sponsored Content

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: salix

Sponsored Content

|