Where To Get Replacement Nib For 2444?

camd

Hi all,

I have a mid-1990s Triumph Imperial 2444 and the nib has cracked. I've been looking for a replacement on eBay without any luck. Is there anywhere else that might have replacement nibs?

Thanks.

Edited by camd

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• camd

• Pincel

• EBUCKTHORN

• terim

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The picture shows you have a Sheaffer Triumph 444 sometimes called Sheaffer Quasi Imperial 444 (c1970s). Replacement nibs are available from Teri (peytonstreetpens.com).

Edited by Haribon

fpn_1434850097__cocursive.jpg

It's not gold trim neither gold nib, so 444.

Best regards.

Recite, and your Lord is the most Generous  Who taught by the pen

Taught man that which he knew not (96/3-5)

Snailmail3.png Snail Mail 

The picture shows you have a Sheaffer Triumph 444 sometimes called Sheaffer Quasi Imperial 444 (c1970s). Replacement nibs are available from Teri (peytonstreetpens.com).

It's not a 444 from the 1970s. It's a Triumph Imperial 2444, which were made between 1995-1998. I bought it new in 1995.

In any case, Peyton Pens does not have any of these nibs for sale.

Edited by camd

It's not gold trim neither gold nib, so 444.

Best regards.

It's not a 444, but I assume 444 nibs would fit.

It's not a 444 from the 1970s. It's a Triumph Imperial 2444, which were made between 1995-1998. I bought it new in 1995.

In any case, Peyton Pens does not have any of these nibs for sale.

The picture you posted is a Triumph 444. The top of the cap/barrel is roundish, the 2444 has a squarish one. Moreover, yours sports a short arrow inlaid nib (later 444 could have an inverted "V" inlaid nib). The 2444 usually have the old long arrow inlaid nibs but could also be found with the short arrow or inverted V. Yes, these nibs are interchangeable between models, 444 or 2444. The proper short arrow/inverted V nib for your 444 are usually stocked by Peyton Street Pens.

Edited by Haribon

The picture you posted is a Triumph 444. The top of the cap/barrel is roundish, the 2444 has a squarish one. Moreover, yours sports a short arrow inlaid nib (later 444 could have an inverted "V" inlaid nib). The 2444 usually have the old long arrow inlaid nibs but could also be found with the short arrow or inverted V. Yes, these nibs are interchangeable between models, 444 or 2444. The proper short arrow/inverted V nib for your 444 are usually stocked by Peyton Street Pens.

I see now that I posted the wrong photo. My pen is definitely a 2444, not a 444, but I can see that uploaded the wrong pic from my computer somehow. My apologies for the confusion. I'd take the photo down if I knew how.

I contacted Payton Street Pens today, and they do not sell these kinds of nibs. According to them, they save them for use on Ranga pens.

I see now that I posted the wrong photo. My pen is definitely a 2444, not a 4

44, but I can see that uploaded the wrong pic from my computer somehow. My apologies for the confusion. I'd take the photo down if I knew how.

I contacted Payton Street Pens today, and they do not sell these kinds of nibs. According to them, they save them for use on Ranga pens.

Ngek.

The 2444 and 444 nibs are definitely interchangeable. I've done it. I, too, would have recommended Peyton Street. I like Teri a lot but wish she wouldn't be using all the Sheaffer nibs for the new pens. The nibs are available on EBay but not necessarily in black. You said your nib "cracked". Can you elaborate on that? Thanks.

You said your nib "cracked". Can you elaborate on that? Thanks.

I've tried to take a picture of the crack, but it's a bit difficult to see. Basically, there is a U-shaped crack on the underside of the nib section that starts at the threads, dibs towards the nib about 5mm, and the back up to the threads. It is about 15mm wide. With continued writing (it is in my regular rotation), I expect that this piece will eventually break off, leaving the pen unusable.

post-61205-0-88759500-1461770100_thumb.jpg

Thanks to camd and Teri. Now I better understand. I had in my mind that the metal nib itself had cracked and that was confusing...

The 2444 and 444 nibs are definitely interchangeable. I've done it. I, too, would have recommended Peyton Street. I like Teri a lot but wish she wouldn't be using all the Sheaffer nibs for the new pens. The nibs are available on EBay but not necessarily in black. You said your nib "cracked". Can you elaborate on that? Thanks.

It's just the black ones I save for our 4CS Imperial Ranga. I have plenty of blue and burgundy nibs, and lots of the V-inlay nibs.

Thanks Teri. I am a satisfied customer of yours and recommend Peyton Street regularly. After I read your post I looked at your website and searched other sites trying to better educate myself about what you refer to as "V-inlay" nibs.

On your website I see both the long V Targa shape and the shorter V shape installed on Ranga pens. The only nib you show separately available in black is the Targa and it won't fit the 444. In your recent post you say you have, "I have plenty of blue and burgundy nibs, and lots of the V-inlay nibs." Are any of these [V-inlay] available in black?

I'm sorry if I'm confusing matters because of my ignorance. My question comes down to: Do you have any NOS black inlaid nibs that will fit the 444 and 2444? (I do understand that a nib that will fit one of these models will also fit the other).

And, while we're discussing nibs, I have this separate question: Have you ever seen a short conical nib that would fit the 330 or 440 series? My ideal pen among all of the Imperial and Triumph variations would be a 440 with a conical, rather than inlaid, nib. I know the Imperial II Deluxe looks like what I describe but I'd like to have a C/C option in place of the Touchdown.

Thanks for answering my questions! Your, and anyone else reading this topic's patience is appreciated.