Heritage Rouge Et Noir Coral Colour

Mastiff

I received my Rouge et Noir Coral pen today. It was nicely gift wrapped and immaculately packaged. Thanks to La Couronne du Comte.

One of my major concerns before buying this pen was the colour of the pen. I wasn't so sure about the orange, and in many pictures it looked just soooo orange. It is not that I have anything against orange but I felt it could possibly be a bit on the aggressive side of orange, especially for a single solid coloured pen.

To help those of you like me who worry about the aggressiveness of the colour tone I took some pictures under various lights to help you make your decision.

In conclusion, it is not so aggressive, and it is on the darker side of orange with a slight hint of deep red hue. In an indoor setting, my impression is that the colour that you will see will be somewhere between picture 1 and picture 2. I personally think the pen looks ugliest under artificial white light. I hope this will help.

1. Daytime natural light next to window

2. Daytime indoor halogen light

3. Daytime indoor white LED light

4. Daytime natural light next to window: comparative image next to Omas arco and MB 147

5. Daytime indoor natural light

6. Daytime indoor halogen light

7. Daytime indoor white LED light

post-20415-0-34837300-1461642263.jpeg

post-20415-0-56758000-1461642269.jpeg

post-20415-0-68276500-1461642276.jpeg

post-20415-0-09416200-1461642291.jpeg

post-20415-0-17544700-1461642304.jpeg

post-20415-0-19269700-1461642319.jpeg

post-20415-0-97418400-1461642333.jpeg

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mastiff

• fpupulin

• HermetiC

• Ceelo

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank you, mate, for your effort in taking comparative photos of the pen in different light situations. Greatly appreciated.

You are perhaps right saying that the orange is "not so aggressive", but quite orange nonetheless...

Use it in great health.

Thanks fpupulin!

It indeed is orange nonetheless!

Interesting thing though that I only noticed when I saw the pictures on the screen, was that there was very little colour change in the 147 and Omas, whereas the ReN colour changed quite a lot dependent on the light.

It's not orange but I love how it 'pops' against the burgundy colour. Enjoy it!

Short cuts make delays, but inns make longer ones.
Frodo Baggins, The Fellowship of the Ring, A Short Cut to Mushrooms

Thanks fpupulin!

It indeed is orange nonetheless!

Interesting thing though that I only noticed when I saw the pictures on the screen, was that there was very little colour change in the 147 and Omas, whereas the ReN colour changed quite a lot dependent on the light.

By the way, congratulations for your stunning Omas Paragon in Arco brown celluloid, and your burgundy 146. The celluloid that Omas used for those pens is simply unbelievable, and the large size of the new Paragon is a great statement about the qualities of the Arco. Enjoy them in great health.

For those who knew the old celluloid Danish Montblanc's from 1930-1950,
the color is almost the same coral red. Maybe a bit brighter... but celluloid can look different after 65 years.

http://fotos.subefotos.com/39a6042c6e93677979d11041a4000996o.jpg

Edited by HermetiC

Aaack! What's with that section? Why must Montblanc detract from a nice design with a straight and metal section surface?

Fred

Aaack! What's with that section? Why must Montblanc detract from a nice design with a straight and metal section surface?

Fred

Yes, that too was one of my initial concerns. My only experience with a metal section was on a visconti starry night, which was a wonderful pen.

Surprisingly, the metal section, in person, doesn't look so out of place as it quite nicely matches the antiqued look on the clip. Furthermore, it is not shiny silver but more of a matte finish so one does not have to worry about finger marks etc and it offers quite a lot of resistance so no worries about your pen slipping off your fingers.