Personal Stationery Recommendations

DNC

And just to toss this into the mix, I write a lot of my personal correspondence on Staples Bagasse. Because, you know, tan lines.

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DNC

• T4TEXAS

• zwack

• AAAndrew

Top Posters In This Topic

I make my own (my own design, printed on my printer) using Souworth 25% cotton 32lb. That may be a bit thick for some taste, but since I use dip nibs for a lot of my writing it works quite well. I also like clairfontaine, and have an A5 tablet I use periodically.

“When the historians of education do equal and exact justice to all who have contributed toward educational progress, they will devote several pages to those revolutionists who invented steel pens and blackboards.” V.T. Thayer, 1928

Check out my Steel Pen Blog

"No one is exempt from talking nonsense; the mistake is to do it solemnly."

-Montaigne

Crane is by far the best and the gold standard! But, if you are looking for personalized stationery, and do not have the high money to spend on Crane's personalized stuff, American Stationery offers some nice, old fashioned personalized stationery at fairly reasonable prices. The paper handles any fountain pen ink that I have put on it very well. They offer flat printing by offset/Riso process, or the very nice raised ink/thermography printing for a more traditional look. Their letter sheets are great.

So far I am finding Smythson to be the gold standard in customer service and quality. I think they are doing to be my choice at this point.

Printing my own on Southworth 25% cotton, 32lb laser paper results in stationery as good as anything else I've used. And so much cheaper. Even if you take it to a printer to have them cut the pages for you, it's still cheaper. I use the paper cutter at work.

“When the historians of education do equal and exact justice to all who have contributed toward educational progress, they will devote several pages to those revolutionists who invented steel pens and blackboards.” V.T. Thayer, 1928

Check out my Steel Pen Blog

"No one is exempt from talking nonsense; the mistake is to do it solemnly."

-Montaigne

Hello, Mint,

In addition to the great ideas from others, instead of printed personalization, I use a custom embosser set and do my own sheets and envelopes a dozen or so at a time. If you don't go through stationery at a high rate this may be a viable option to consider.

Mine comes out looking fabulous and I can use any paper I choose— I have different papers/finishes/colors all of which are personalized. The initial outlay is under $100 (USD) and the whole world of paper is ready and waiting for me to personalize it with my name and address. ;)

—Cindy

“This is the sort of pedantry up with which I will not put.”

—Winston Churchill (attributed)

Source?

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club."

- Jack London

http://i729.photobucket.com/albums/ww296/messiah_FPN/Badges/SnailBadge.png

• 1 month later...

Just a follow up to my original post: After much time of talking with different companies and once having decided on a company, I came to a decision on my personal stationary. Without question the most helpful and professional company was Smythson. The stationary arrived last week and I am very pleased. I do believe Smythson is too pricey, but I will say they are the only company that seemed to care if I purchased from them and the only company to provide me with samples of which there were many. Other companies barely had the time to talk with me on the phone or email. I cannot believe a company who doesn't have the time to talk to it's customers can turn out a quality bespoke product. This is just a report of my finding and an update to my original post. The usual disclaimers apply as I am in no way affiliated with this company other than being one of their satisfied customers.