Flax Art Pen Faire Coming Up On Saturday, May 21 At New Oakland Store

Lifeguard

I just visited the new Oakland location of Flax Art for the first time and found out there will be a Pen Faire on Saturday May 21 from 11-3. Details here. The new store is nice with a large area and display counters dedicated to pens and inks.

The address for the new Oakland store is 1501 Martin Luther King Jr. Way at 15th street and it is just a short walk from the Oakland 12th or 19th Street BART Stations.

Any chance for a Pen Posse meetup? I need to meet you all and it will be easier on my home turf in the East Bay.

Pens - Parker T1

Bikes - Eisentraut

Cameras - Polaroid SX-70 & 680

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AltecGreen

• pepsiplease69

• Lifeguard

• ac12

• 4 weeks later...

I'm planning to be there.

I haven't been to one of these pen faires before so I don't know what to expect.

I see that some of the big name representatives will be there, Lamy, Pilot, Faber Castell, Caran d'Ache, and some of the fancier brands as well, Visconti, Aurora, Montegrappa.

I've been thinking about sampling the Graf von Faber Castell Carbon Black, and I don't know if these sellers will be bringing their inks for us to try out.

I've heard rumors that carbon black is a black ink with a red sheen and I'd like to see it with my own eyes before I believe it.

Thanks.

P

Bring some of your own paper, as their sample testing paper may not show sheen if it is too absorbent.

I think there is a 20% discount on pens during the pen faire.

Edited by ac12

San Francisco Pen Show - August 28-30, 2020 - Redwood City, California

www.SFPenShow.com

Hey AC12 and AltecGreen...

I wanted to meet up with you at the Flex Pen Fair this Saturday and show you the Parker T1 I found a while back and both of you helped with suggestions I had about it on a post a while back. It's been in hibernation; I haven't inked it! I've never met up with any Pen Posse folks so how will I find you?

Pens - Parker T1

Bikes - Eisentraut

Cameras - Polaroid SX-70 & 680

I wanted to meet up with you at the Flex Pen Fair this Saturday and show you the Parker T1 I found a while back and both of you helped with suggestions I had about it on a post a while back. It's been in hibernation; I haven't inked it! I've never met up with any Pen Posse folks so how will I find you?

Ask for Stephanie at the pen counter. She can direct you to me.

Edited by AltecGreen

2020 San Francisco Pen Show
August 28-30th, 2020
Pullman Hotel San Francisco Bay
223 Twin Dolphin Drive
Redwood City Ca, 94065

Ricky is a Physicist. Look for his physics.

AC 12 won't be there. He got grounded buying to many pens last week.

San Francisco International Pen Show - The next “Funnest Pen Show” is on schedule for August 23-24-25, 2024.  Watch the show website for registration details. 

My PM box is usually full. Just email me: my last name at the google mail address.