The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Do Sailor Four Seasons Inks Stain Demonstrator Pens?

sailor inks demonstrators visconti pelikan

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 FPFan

FPFan

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 April 2016 - 21:32

I have just ordered the 4 Seasons inks and have several demonstrator p ens I would like to use these inks in, but don't want to stain them. Does anyone have experience with Visconti Opera, Pelikan M8XX, M2XX demonstrator pens and the Sailor inks? Please share!

Thanks in advance!

Fair winds and following seas.

Sponsored Content

#2 Lgsoltek

Lgsoltek

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,453 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 April 2016 - 02:52

Yama-dori will stain. I think Souten, Oku-yama, Shigure and Tokiwa-matsu may stain too. The blue dye that Sailor uses seems to stain.

However, Doyou will help remove the stain.

#3 benborgmeyer

benborgmeyer

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 03:00

Yama dori in a pilot prera. It doesn't stain. Great ink. Terrible picture.

Attached Images

• image.jpeg

#4 Algester

Algester

(´Д⊂ヽ

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,786 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 April 2016 - 05:48

souten stains... tokiwa-matsu doesnt stain but it will leave a residue in the nook and crannies of your pen

#5 BCGGSM

BCGGSM

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 07:52

Yama-dori will stain. I think Souten, Oku-yama, Shigure and Tokiwa-matsu may stain too. The blue dye that Sailor uses seems to stain.

However, Doyou will help remove the stain.

Yama-Dori definitely stains. Had to use doyou after that.

#6 FPFan

FPFan

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,029 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 April 2016 - 20:29

Thanks for all the great replies!

It's a good thing I already have two bottles of Doyou to help clean out the remains of other inks! I also have the Tokiwa-matsu which has become a favorite along with a Kobe  - Rokko Green which I also got two bottles of. Greens are my favorite inks, but I decided to stretch my wings and get the whole line of these inks since so many folks are raving about their behavior and  performance. It has been some time since I went on a spree with so many inks and I'm so looking forward to the fun.

I was very disappointed yesterday when I read the thread Uncial posted about these inks not liking to present their goodness on Tomoe River paper. I did some doodling and writing on it with the Doyou and was sad to see it just lay there. Makes me question what paper people are using to get the great sheen out of these inks. Tomoe river has make so many other inks dance upon it! Your thoughts on papers would be greatly appreciated.

I'm currently using the Doyou in a Sailor Profit Fude nibbed pen which can lay down multiple line widths depending on the angle one hold it!

#7 saskia_madding

saskia_madding

Donor Pen

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,346 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 April 2016 - 21:41

I always found Yama-dori to really shine on TR paper.  I'm surprised to hear some people saying that isn't the case!

#8 KKay

KKay

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 April 2016 - 03:38

Yama-dori has done well for me, on Tomoe River paper. 

#9 mydecemberht

mydecemberht

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 April 2016 - 19:47

I'm using Yama-Dori in a TWSBI mini demonstrater and it's never stained it 😄😄😄

#10 FPFan

FPFan

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,029 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 April 2016 - 22:40

So many good things have been said about Yama-Dori and don't you know my supplier is out of stock on it. The other that I ordered have arrived and I don't know which one I want to try first! 

Already have, Kobe #1 Rokko Green, Tokwa-matsu, two bottles of each. Just arrived are Oku-yama, Souten, Miruai, Nioi-sumire, Shigure. I'm a green ink person and am leaning towards the Miuai, then Shigure next. Hot time in the old town tonight!

I don't write as much as I used to before retiring and try to keep my number of pens inked to a minimum when I once had on average 10 or more inked at one time!

#11 amberleadavis

amberleadavis

Inky! En-Abe-Lawyer

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,572 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 September 2016 - 22:51

If it stains, run a good cleaning ink through it.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Want to get a special letter / gift from me, then create a Ghostly Avatar  

Ink comparisons:  The Great PPS Comparison  366 Inks in 2016

Check out inks sorted by color:  Blue Purple Brown  Red Green Dark Green Orange Black  Pinks  Yellows  Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

#12 AndyYNWA

AndyYNWA

Collectors Item

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• 1,423 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 September 2016 - 05:27

If it stains, run a good cleaning ink through it.

Like Doyou

YNWA     JFT96

Instagram: inkyandy

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sailor, inks, demonstrators, visconti, pelikan

Sponsored Content

|