Do Sailor Four Seasons Inks Stain Demonstrator Pens?

FPFan

I have just ordered the 4 Seasons inks and have several demonstrator p ens I would like to use these inks in, but don't want to stain them. Does anyone have experience with Visconti Opera, Pelikan M8XX, M2XX demonstrator pens and the Sailor inks? Please share!

Thanks in advance!

Fair winds and following seas.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FPFan

• saskia_madding

• mydecemberht

• KKay

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yama-dori will stain. I think Souten, Oku-yama, Shigure and Tokiwa-matsu may stain too. The blue dye that Sailor uses seems to stain.

However, Doyou will help remove the stain.

Yama-Dori definitely stains. Had to use doyou after that.

Thanks for all the great replies!

It's a good thing I already have two bottles of Doyou to help clean out the remains of other inks! I also have the Tokiwa-matsu which has become a favorite along with a Kobe - Rokko Green which I also got two bottles of. Greens are my favorite inks, but I decided to stretch my wings and get the whole line of these inks since so many folks are raving about their behavior and performance. It has been some time since I went on a spree with so many inks and I'm so looking forward to the fun.

I was very disappointed yesterday when I read the thread Uncial posted about these inks not liking to present their goodness on Tomoe River paper. I did some doodling and writing on it with the Doyou and was sad to see it just lay there. Makes me question what paper people are using to get the great sheen out of these inks. Tomoe river has make so many other inks dance upon it! Your thoughts on papers would be greatly appreciated.

I'm currently using the Doyou in a Sailor Profit Fude nibbed pen which can lay down multiple line widths depending on the angle one hold it!

I'm using Yama-Dori in a TWSBI mini demonstrater and it's never stained it 😄😄😄

So many good things have been said about Yama-Dori and don't you know my supplier is out of stock on it. The other that I ordered have arrived and I don't know which one I want to try first!

Already have, Kobe #1 Rokko Green, Tokwa-matsu, two bottles of each. Just arrived are Oku-yama, Souten, Miruai, Nioi-sumire, Shigure. I'm a green ink person and am leaning towards the Miuai, then Shigure next. Hot time in the old town tonight!

I don't write as much as I used to before retiring and try to keep my number of pens inked to a minimum when I once had on average 10 or more inked at one time!

• 4 months later...

If it stains, run a good cleaning ink through it.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY