My Small "collection" Grows By The Tune Of 1.

Ian the Jock

Having been given some money for my birthday a few weeks back, I have been raking around ebay, with the intention of spending it on a pen, or pens.

It wasn't a lot to spend, but I did have a few options.

I had chopped and changed my mind on several occasions until I happened upon a Piano black Maestro on "the bay" which had bargain potential.

Anyway

It dropped through the door on Wednesday morning, and I was knocked out.

What a gorgeous pen.

The pen itself is in fabulous condition, as is the box it came in.

The converter had never seen ink, and by the look of the pen, it had probably only seen 1 cart since new.

It writes beautifully, as expected, and is drop dead in the looks department.

BobJPage described it as looking like an Italix Churchmans' Prescriptor which had gone to a French spa and returned slimmer with more elegant jewellery.

Pretty much describes it to a T.

I am over the moon with it, and oddly enough, I was using it side by side with a Centurion, and I believe my handwriting looked better with the Maestro.

Possibly as the Centurion has a shorter section, and as I hold it a bit further back, I therefore have slightly less control over the nib...maybe, who knows?, but what I do know, is that I love the Maestro, It is definitely ME, and it is a pen that I would like to get more of, but then I say that about all of the Watermans.

I was pretty chuffed at what I paid for it too (£25 inc. delivery) until I saw that Force had obtained that beautiful Exclusive for £20, and my bubble was burst. :lol:

Still, my small collection is now up to six, and I have a new favourite.....Magic! :thumbup:

Oh!

And here it is.

fpn_1461338468__maestro1.jpg

fpn_1461338518__maestro2.jpg

Cheers

Ian (a very happy bunny)

p.s. Still have £15 left for further "bargain hunting". :thumbup:

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ian the Jock

• Left FPN

• RMN

• mr2txaggie

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice! I only have one modern Waterman, but it, too, writes like a dream. Use it in good health.

"how do I know what I think until I write it down?"

Very nice indeed. I am always tempted to add one of these to my small collection...but one leads to two and so on.

For your delectation...

I like that pen! Very nice.

I am trying not to know what it is, so I won't go looking for one. Yes, one leads to another, as in Carene, Phileas, Kultur, Laureat, Crusader . . . enough.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

Cheers Force, I can always rely on you to provide further temptation.

I saw a Gunmetal and a green on ebay too, I take it there were other finishes as well?

There are just toooo many Watermans on my hitlist now.

Ian

Cheers Force, I can always rely on you to provide further temptation.

I saw a Gunmetal and a green on ebay too, I take it there were other finishes as well?

There are just toooo many Watermans on my hitlist now.

Ian

That catalogue page shows 3 colours, but possibly there were other colours in other years?

It's a fine looking pen, by the way.... Enjoy

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

Great looking pen, Ian the Jock!! Enjoy!!

I'm growing more & more to be a more & more Waterman admirer. I've only two but I feel a vintage on the horizon.

If your out-go is more than your income,

Then your up-keep.

May be your Down-falll!!!

I'd better change the title to....By The Tune Of Two.

I snagged a Black Laureat over the weekend which should be here Wednesday.

This has become a bit of an obsession.

Although it is a bit of a downer when the pen arrives and she who must be obeyed comes out with the same line every time.

"It just looks like all your other black and gold pens"

Although, that also means that she knows what to buy if she's on a "prezzie" hunt.

A black and gold Waterman is always a good shout.

Ian