mehandiratta

In addition, I purchased a 14 B nib-unit, which was also stubbed as a BLS.

Edited by tinta

*Sailor 1911S, Black/gold, 14k. 0.8 mm. stub(JM) *1911S blue "Colours", 14k. H-B "M" BLS (PB)

*2 Sailor 1911S Burgundy/gold: 14k. 0.6 mm. "round-nosed" CI (MM) & 14k. 1.1 mm. CI (JM)

*Sailor Pro-Gear Slim Spec. Ed. "Fire",14k. (factory) "H-B"

*Kaweco SPECIAL FP: 14k. "B",-0.6 mm BLS & 14k."M" 0.4 mm. BLS (PB)

*Kaweco Stainless Steel Lilliput, 14k. "M" -0.7 mm.BLS, (PB)

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Misfit

• mehandiratta

• OMASsimo

• Azuniga

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Kaweco Art

fpn_1374699266__kaweco.jpg

Wow,...this is a gorgeous pen.

What model is it? It doesn't seem to look like Sport.

Edited by tinta

*Sailor 1911S, Black/gold, 14k. 0.8 mm. stub(JM) *1911S blue "Colours", 14k. H-B "M" BLS (PB)

*2 Sailor 1911S Burgundy/gold: 14k. 0.6 mm. "round-nosed" CI (MM) & 14k. 1.1 mm. CI (JM)

@tinta

It is an Art Sport. Basically the same as a modern Kaweco Sport but with a fancy body and cap.

They ain't make them anymore...

If you want one don't let that stop you; the one I wanted was already discontinued when I first saw it, the amber one. After trying to "warm up" to the ones then still available I had the opportunity to purchase an amber one perhaps a year after they had stopped making it. Since they were still available a year ago I suspect there are still some for sale. They not only have a different "look" but also a much nicer finish & are worth a search if you find them appealing.

Kaweco AL Sport in Raw Aluminum and a Brass Liliput

The raw aluminum really picks up the smudges and fingerprints in the picture, but it just looks like interesting patina from using as an EDC pen.

fpn_1466009573__acquisitions01.jpg

"I need solitary hours at a desk with good paper and a fountain pen like some people need a pill for their health." ~ Orhan Pamuk

P_20160615_115538.jpg

Sorry for the poor lighting... It's a medium nib and inked with Diamine Ancient Copper. Developed a real patina after having it just two weeks.

Edited by Technomancer

P_20160615_115538.jpg

Sorry for the poor lighting... It's a medium nib and inked with Diamine Ancient Copper. Developed a real patina after having it just two weeks.

Just like Ancient Copper, a warm glow. How is the heft of this pen?

This is amazing... Share writing sample of possible..

I'll wait till I have both the B & the BB nibs back from the shop (about a month from now), then I'll attempt a writing sample with both side by side.

István

Just like Ancient Copper, a warm glow. How is the heft of this pen?

It's hefty. I'll weight it when I get home.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's my little collection - unfortunately only two vintage pens but I'm trying to change this :)

Left to right: V37, V64 SchulKaweco, Brass Wave, Classic Sport x3 (Clear, Burgundy, Cognac), Skyline Sport Mint, ICE Sport Yellow, AL Stonewashed Blue and my "EDC" - AL Sport Raw.

@Kaweco - that Safety Sport is amazing :wub:

post-123436-0-90049400-1467187821_thumb.jpg

Nice collection, particularly the vintage Kawecos.

BTW: :W2FPN:

fpn_1467235264__100_0154cognac_1.jpg

Cognac Sport, fine nib. It's really quite lovely but the constant skipping & hard starts made using it an exercise in frustration. Now I've finally got it working properly, though, I'm rather pleased with it.

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

Hello

Do you wantto see more historic Kaweco Sports?

Left side: The very first edition in BHR, tiny safeties from the 20th. The green sport ist the last one from the old works, the Kaweco Sport Olympia from 1972.

Kind Regards

http://i844.photobucket.com/albums/ab1/Thomasnr/KawecoSport2_zps8b8a9de9.jpg

WOW

Amazing stuff

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter

Hello

Do you wantto see more historic Kaweco Sports?

Left side: The very first edition in BHR, tiny safeties from the 20th. The green sport ist the last one from the old works, the Kaweco Sport Olympia from 1972.

Kind Regards

http://i844.photobucket.com/albums/ab1/Thomasnr/KawecoSport2_zps8b8a9de9.jpg

What a beautiful collection. What's the story on the middle top (the fatter) Kaweco? Name? Age? Material?

Hello tinta

What a question....this is THE Kaweco Sport! The grandpa of all Sports since 1935 made of black cased celluloid.

The history of KAWECO contains of several chapters. It began in 1983 in Heidelberg/ Germany where wodden and galalithe penholders had been made. In the "fin de ciecle" the salesmen Koch and Weber took over the firm and imported nibs and hard rubber safeties from Morton in NY. An own production of writing articles had been launched since 1903. Among these, the tiny EDC fountainpens of the first Sport version had been produced. 1929 the KAWECO works went to bancrupty and were sold out to the "Badische Federhalterfabrik Knust, Grube und Woringen" KWG. Since 1925 they had been producing the "Aurumia", an eight side facetted safety made of black chased hard rubber. This shape had been characteristic for KWG so their herald was an 8 sided shield with KWG inside.

After the KWG took over the business of the old KAWECO, they transformed this shield with the characters Ka- We- Co inside. A new and very verry successful series had been launched in 1935: The facetted 8- side Kaweco Sport with piston filling. (the "fat" one above)

After the ww2 the times of fountainpens with hand crafted barrels and ink windows made at turnery- machines had ended. 1953 the Sport with 24 facetted cap or round cap came on display, the material had been plastic by mold- in injectin machines. The fp became a little bit smaller. In the late 60th a nib in box- shape had been made which was partially covered. The sign therefore was the character V.

V means "verdeckt" (covered). I love these nibs and notwithstanding the barrel sometimes splits near the feed, these are my favourites.

Kaweco Sports in the shape of the old 1935 model, now with cardridge filling, had been produced since the 90th in a large variety among other Kaweco writing articles by Gutberlet in Nürnberg (Nuremberg)/ Germany.

Kind Regards

Thomas

Edited by Kaweco